71 replies to this topic
lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

However *Friendly* a tagged as vicious breed may be to Family and known friends.
It is not the duty of a Police Officer to presume the beast IS *Friendly* when it should have been under control and does move toward the Officer.
I would be of a different mind if the beast was confined, or chained and the Officer took deadly force when no threat was offered.

BUT, having been bitten by a *friendly* unprovoked dog myself, it appears justified on the face of it.

Simply put, "Death to all free roaming Dogs." Keep them chained, to keep them safe. A length of chain is a simple, inexpensive insurance policy.
  • Xyn likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

@ShootPeopleNotDope

Regarding your anti-cop tirades; what I propose is the wonderful idea of getting rid of every authority on the planet. That way we can all live happily ever after; holding hands and making daisy chains together. Because that's definitely what would happen.

As for the dog thing: if a dog comes running towards me in a threatening manner, you better believe I'm going to put the safety of thyself before that of the dog's. Cheers.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Off the pigs

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

@ShootPeopleNotDope

Regarding your anti-cop tirades; what I propose is the wonderful idea of getting rid of every authority on the planet. That way we can all live happily ever after; holding hands and making daisy chains together. Because that's definitely what would happen.

Hay.jpg

• sivispacem and Mr. House like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

You propose using scarecrows to enforce the law?
  • Shah Sam and Mr. House like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by The Odyssey, 26 July 2014 - 12:03 PM.

It really depends on the situation. There's no evidence the dog tried to attack the cop, and there's no evidence the cop shot the dog without reason. So for now, I'm neutral. However I'm very sorry for your loss. R.I.P doggy. :(

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Off the pigs

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

You propose using scarecrows to enforce the law?

lol are you f*cking serious? I definitely wasn't implying your argument is a strawman, or anything. Nope, I obviously want scarecrows to be on every street corner, keeping a watchful eye on troublemakers.

• A J likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

Just a little tip: don't be making sarcastic posts when your sarcasm detection skills are clearly a bit sh*t. Now I'm done...cheers.

Sorry to the OP for your loss, regardless of the situation.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Off the pigs

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

Just a little tip: don't be making sarcastic posts when your sarcasm detection skills are clearly a bit sh*t. Now I'm done...cheers.

Nah, I think you just suck at sarcasm.

• A J likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff [2014]

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I think you both need to stop posting in this topic right now.

• theadmiral likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

As ancient astronaut theorists predicted.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Late to the topic, but damn meta sorry to hear about this.  RIP Ronan

First thing I'd do, if you haven't already, is find out the officer's name and badge #.  Find his supervisor and his supervisor at the sherifs office or police station.  Then, make the biggest stink about it that you can.  Contact your local media.  Go to a city or county commission meeting and raise the issue, multiple times if you have to.  If you can afford a lawyer, go out and seek any money damages you can from the city/county.  It's not going to bring your dog back, but it will put the police on notice, and hopefully bring some sort of justice/closure for you and your family.  

Unfortunately this happens A LOT.  Reason has a whole section on it if you care to read:  http://reason.com/tags/puppycide  (inb4crazyrightwinger)  

Again, sorry for your loss and best of luck!  

Failure
  • Failure

Vote Stuish Home Party for zero tolerance on PBMs.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

As a pit owner, I can't even read up on the policies and sh*t put in play over the breed. It's sad, ridiculous and outright bullsh*t.. and the way people and media portray how bad and vicious they are, beyond ridiculous. 

I rescued my pit at a Pet Rescue Shelter after he was rescued from being trained for dog fighting and escaped with his life luckily. They even cut his ears shorter than normal so the other dogs couldn't bite and tear them off.. the f*ckers but the day I went and seen him, it was best friends at first sight. He licked my face and acted as energetic as a puppy, no awkward looks or anything.

He's as gentle as a puppy man.. cool ass f*cking dog. I even have him trained now to walk with me without a leash and once he ran up to a couple walking in front of my house and I was like 'oh no' in my head but he walked up, wagged his tail and was licking their hands as they pet him. He has no bad blood in him even though he was trained. He gets along with my lab perfectly fine and they both play with each other like puppies.

I'm a proud pit owner and support them.

Here's a picture of him not long after I got him.. can notice hair missing and all on his backside (malnutrition) and how thin he was..

and a more recent one (don't worry, I wiped that eye booger off after the picture lol)

Once I got him used to my lab, I was able to let him come and stay inside now.. I don't like leaving dogs outside, especially not in this Georgia heat. But he's well trained and loving as hell. 

-E

He is a handful to wash though, he does not like water.. it's like wrestling a crocodile. 

Great-looking dog right there, GW. Bull breeds are great and make wonderful companions. I wish that more people like you were around to rescue pits and other bull breeds. 

OT: This is a horrible shame and I offer my sincere condolences to Meta's brother-in-law and the family. 

• GunWrath likes this

MissAmyx0
  • MissAmyx0

Queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Please stop contributing to BSL(breed specific laws) by mislabeling your mutts. There is only ONE "pit bull" and that is the American Pit Bull Terrier(APBT). There are numerous BULL breed dogs but only ONE pit bull. Unless you have the proper paperwork of lineage and pedigree, you have a mutt; NOT a pit bull, AmStaff, etc. By mislabeling your dogs you are adding fuel to an already out of control fire.
Sorry your family lost it's dog, OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users