71 replies to this topic
lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

Having a police officer dispatched to respond to a call of a dog running loose, let alone him shooting the dog in the skull with a real gun seems quite excessive. Especially considering there is such a thing as Animal Control in the states, which in all likelihood would have at the very least attempted to catch him with a pole or if all else were to fail (which would surprise me considering the dog in question was domesticated), shoot him with a tranquilliser dart.

Real gun?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

if your dog can escape than your yard is not secure enough. "my dog let itself out" is no excuse.
  • The Hippie likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

He shouldn't have used a pistol though. Should have used something less lethal.

Funny you say that.

When the neighbor ran out out and said, "We know this dog, you should have used a taser" the officer flatly replied, "Yea but I didn't" but sure keep playing devil's advocate here to seem contrary and edgy. The 2nd officer even told them he couldn't comment on the first officer but admitted he would have handled it differently.

"It was agonizing, the pain that the dog was going through which was really the part that was really bothering me. Because he shot it twice and he just sat there and stared at it. I asked him why and...he goes 'well I thought that he was coming after me,'" Baca said.

And for the record the dog had been placed inside the backyard of the owners home, Ronin like many curious dogs pushed his way out and hadn't even roamed two houses away from their yard. The owners didn't even know he'd gotten free until the shots were fired. If you're a dog owner, be it a inside or outside dog you know that occasionally dogs tend to try and take off or explore their area it's not unusual - it doesn't warrant them being put down 20 paces from your home because a jumpy officer can't handle his sh*t or worse was simply looking for an excuse to pull out his pistol.

Just quoting this again so that it stays on top of the new page for people to see.
  • A J likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

http://www.peta.org/international/

is this the site you where after

@notyourpersonalarmy

How about you f*ck off.

Sorry about the dog, cops are scum.
  • Moonshield and make total destroy like this

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Where did he state that the dog was coming to maul the officer?

I doubt the officer just shot the dog simply because.

And again, all this could've been avoided had better restrictions preventing the dog's escape been in place.

It's a US cop, I very much doubt he would have a good reason to shoot the dog, or anything for that matter.

They usually have the most generic, or piss poor excuse ever.

In the wise words of Uncle Jimbo, It's coming right for us..

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Im sorry, but if i saw a good sized black dog at night at full gallop towards me, it's me or him. I can see why he used his pistol however. The article states that 2 aggressive dogs were loose, so using a taser or anything like a nightstick would have been stupid had both been roaming together like they made it probably sound over the radio. If he had some sort pepper spray though, that would have been effective, but dangerous.

Either way, it a passerby alerted the cops not a owner, so all they saw was a wild dog that could have had rabies or something. Sucks, but let it be a lesson for both parties.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

I doubt the officer just shot the dog simply because.

Why's that? Cops have done worse simply because.

Let's be honest, people with guns have a history of shooting people and animals for no f*cking good reason. 

This cop was clearly an unhinged scum bag. The secondary tragedy of this story is that the police are basically exempt from justice being served to them. Case in point? Every cop that got off with killing someone that they had no reason, or jurisdiction, or justification, for shooting. 

Meta bro, this hits home for me on so many levels - growing up with dogs that have now passed, missing that presence, that companionship, that actual genuine friendship than an animal can so freely and selflessly give... Let's hope justice is brought and served. 

• meta187 and Scaglietti like this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

You really think Dogs are at the top of their list?

No, I'm saying there's a precedent for cops shooting/killing people or their pets for no apparent reason at all.
And you're talking about not even a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of cops out there, so what's your point?

That we shouldn't just assume the cop was at all in danger, and that he may very well have killed the dog for no real reason--or because he's an incompetent moron. There's no evidence to substantiate his claims, and no reason to trust cops at all.

In any event, if the cops had left this to animal control, we wouldn't even be talking about this.
"no reason to trust cops at all"

If you are getting beaten within an inch of your life, who you going to ring? "Your boys"? I can bet you will pick up that phone and call the police. And don't say you won't because that's bullsh*t.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Wow. There's a topic for a dog, but there isn't one for more than 5000 wounded and 800+ innocent victims of Israeli attacks in Gaza Strip. f*cking wow.

That's a conscious decision as every subtle thread on the topic in GC just becomes a shouting match. I basically blanket banned discussion of Israel/Palestine in General Chat because several members seen unable to discuss it with anything resembling composure or decorum. It's still acceptable in D&D but only so then I can justify banning anyone who acts like a knob.

To these who were saying "why not Taser", Taser themselves say that their weapons are not suitable for use on animals.

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

stisni pisni, pusti zviždi

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Fair enough I guess.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Wow. There's a topic for a dog, but there isn't one for more than 5000 wounded and 800+ innocent victims of Israeli attacks in Gaza Strip. f*cking wow.

Are you going to be the one that makes the thread, then? Or just bitch that no one has?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Are you going to be the one that makes the thread, then? Or just bitch that no one has?

Well, it’s kind of disgusting to be crying over a dog's death and forget about the thousands of innocent people that die around the world everyday. But of course, if somebody began to open threads about it ppl wouldn't give a single f*ck and simply complain that this is not cnn news. But still, a death dog seem to be a global tragedy.
  • turbocharger likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Well, it’s kind of disgusting to be crying over a dog's death and forget about the thousands of innocent people that die around the world everyday. But of course, if somebody began to open threads about it ppl wouldn't give a single f*ck and simply complain that this is not cnn news. But still, a death dog seem to be a global tragedy.

I don't understand how you and TP have come to the conclusion that the Gaza situation has been forgotten and that no one cares about it because someone posts a thread about something else. Do you think we've all forgotten the second world war because of the Forum Stoner topic?

See where your logic falls apart there?

Please, keep that to a different thread if you're in the mood to discuss the Gaza situation. It's not relevant here and you're diminishing something that someone has reacted to as it effects them on a very personal level. 

By all means, open a discussion about that situation if you like, just don't hi jack another thread to do it. 

• Scaglietti likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Everyone - either talk about the dog thing or GTFO. This isn't the "which is more topic worthy" thread.

• WHAT!? and Fuzzknuckles like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Why are cops so daft today, they never handle things the sensible way they just kill kill kill right away. Its like they let any idiot become a cop.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Those who shoot animals are psychopaths, pure and simple. In my opinion, dogs and cats are infinitely much better than most people.

Here here. I much prefer the company of dogs to pigs.

This is rough man, I'm really sorry. 

• Scaglietti and Mr. House like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:00 PM Edited by GunWrath, 25 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

As a pit owner, I can't even read up on the policies and sh*t put in play over the breed. It's sad, ridiculous and outright bullsh*t.. and the way people and media portray how bad and vicious they are, beyond ridiculous. 

I rescued my pit at a Pet Rescue Shelter after he was rescued from being trained for dog fighting and escaped with his life luckily. They even cut his ears shorter than normal so the other dogs couldn't bite and tear them off.. the f*ckers but the day I went and seen him, it was best friends at first sight. He licked my face and acted as energetic as a puppy, no awkward looks or anything.

He's as gentle as a puppy man.. cool ass f*cking dog. I even have him trained now to walk with me without a leash and once he ran up to a couple walking in front of my house and I was like 'oh no' in my head but he walked up, wagged his tail and was licking their hands as they pet him. He has no bad blood in him even though he was trained. He gets along with my lab perfectly fine and they both play with each other like puppies.

I'm a proud pit owner and support them.

Here's a picture of him not long after I got him.. can notice hair missing and all on his backside (malnutrition) and how thin he was..

5e7f0f65ef34cc24b158a7d96a7a7aca.png

and a more recent one (don't worry, I wiped that eye booger off after the picture lol)

c592b4abda1062854b02ce12e0eb9e59.png

Once I got him used to my lab, I was able to let him come and stay inside now.. I don't like leaving dogs outside, especially not in this Georgia heat. But he's well trained and loving as hell. 

-E

He is a handful to wash though, he does not like water.. it's like wrestling a crocodile. 

• Fuzzknuckles, meta187, Failure and 5 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Now that's a transformation. Such a happy looking pup. 

• GunWrath likes this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

chkn butt

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

I've got a buddy that actually ran a shelter for Pit Bulls. He kept it going for about five years. Every time I went to his house I was swarmed by at least three of them at any given time. They were never aggressive, they just really wanted to feel my face with their tongue. lol. Once I had been in the house for about five minutes they were cool. After that experience I can't understand their reputation as a brutal animal. They are equipped to kill, but then so was that cop. All that said, I can understand why the cop might go for his pistol given that he was unfamiliar with the animal, but there was no reason to use deadly force. So many stories in the news lately of people using their weapons to the fullest just because they can. I won't trail on about it as this isn't the topic for it. Just makes me shake my head is all. I'm sick with the sh*t some people do.

I'm sorry about Ronin, man. I'm sure he was a good dog.

• meta187 likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

I've asked on multiple occasions, couldn't cops just use tasers on them instead? or tasers meant for humans still too powerful? I don't know. But deadly force should be a last resort. I mean, they always try and talk an armed suspect down first and use lead as a last resort. Couldn't they do the same for dogs?

• Failure likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

death to various things

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

"no reason to trust cops at all"? Why do you hate them so much?

Because they're class-traitors and foot-soldiers of the state. They have no real function in society besides social control and the protection of private property. Beyond that, I have my own personal encounters with police, and the experiences of countless others to back-up my very reasonable hatred/distrust of the police. And before you say "waaah not all cops", for every act of brutality committed by a police officer, there are dozens of other officers who do nothing about it, or actively play a role in covering it up. There are no 'good cops', they're all enemies of the working-class.

You may as well be replacing "cops" with any given group of people because you've done nothing to prove they're any less trustworthy than any other group.

That's a fallacious argument, at best. No other group is assigned with the task of throwing working-class folks in jail, breaking up strikes and demonstrations, and criminalizing whole communities. I also can't think of any other group--apart from soldiers, or marines, or whatever--who are placed above the law, provided a gun, and given a license to kill with impunity. So yeah, that's a piss-poor argument if I've ever seen one.

If the dog was kept safely at home rather than left unattended enough that he managed to escape...we wouldn't need neither animal control nor the cops.

Okay, and? How does this justify what happened?

Why would he do that?

Why do cops beat homeless folks to death? Why do cops shoot unarmed black men in the back? Have you considered the possibility that police work attracts sociopathic assholes who have no regard for life, or that police work and training naturally breed anti-social monsters?

lol aren't you supposed to be a leftist?

• PhilosophicalZebra likes this

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

To these who were saying "why not Taser", Taser themselves say that their weapons are not suitable for use on animals.

If a police officer killed one of my dogs, I'd be f*cking mad. Heart goes out to you Meta.

I hope something get's done so this doesn't happen to somebody elses dog, saying that I don't think a campaign over the internet is the best way to go.

Have you had the story covered by the local press in your area? 

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by trip, 25 July 2014 - 10:26 PM.

You know this is not the kind of story I want to hear, Meta...right?  Truly sucks.

The problem is pits are their own worst enemy by design because they are one of the (very few) breeds with a locking jaw - thus making their bite far more dangerous than other dogs.

It is a bad situation.  There are so many pits in rescue programs and so many good people willing to give them good homes.  The problem is they kind of earned their place when it comes to being scary.  Now the kind people that have rescued them have to handle them differently then other breeds because of the general fear.  It can't be easy being a bitbull owner.  You always have to be on your toes.

Nothing helps getting over the lose of a beloved pet, and having the loss happen in such an unexpected dramatic event makes it extra hard.  My heart really goes out to your bro-in-law and everyone else around the dog's day-to-day love.  But I think you know the answer to the future...after enough time has passed...when it is time to bring another dog into the house, life, and love...pug(s).

• Killerdude likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

death to various things

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Those who shoot animals are psychopaths, pure and simple.

were you born yesterday??

it's not "pure and simple."

people shoot animals for all kinds of reasons and some of those reasons are very legitimate and necessary.

• A J likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

Trip- the pit bull "locking jaw" thing is an urban myth. Physiologically it's no different to those of other dogs and doesn't "lock", but is sometimes perceived to as they have a relatively short jaw and high muscle density which means they have a higher bite pressure than similar sized dogs.
  • Failure and Killerdude like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Trip- the pit bull "locking jaw" thing is an urban myth. Physiologically it's no different to those of other dogs and doesn't "lock", but is sometimes perceived to as they have a relatively short jaw and high muscle density which means they have a higher bite pressure than similar sized dogs

I hear ya.  Just adds to the sh*t pile they [pits] have to deal with.   

I used to hang with Argentine Dogos and once lived in a house that bread Ridgebacks - I'd class both of those dogs as scarier than pits, but most people wouldn't just because they don't have the "rep"...well, maybe not the Dogos - they are pretty intimidating looking.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Those who shoot animals are psychopaths, pure and simple.

were you born yesterday??

it's not "pure and simple."
people shoot animals for all kinds of reasons and some of those reasons are very legitimate and necessary.
Only some.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

Justice for what exactly? Whilst the officer perhaps could have handled it better, I'd be wanting to defend myself in his shoes too.

It sucks that you've lost a family pet and I offer my sympathies accordingly, but I'm not really sure what the aim is here. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by GunWrath, 27 July 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Justice for what exactly? Whilst the officer perhaps could have handled it better, I'd be wanting to defend myself in his shoes too.

It sucks that you've lost a family pet and I offer my sympathies accordingly, but I'm not really sure what the aim is here. 

Justice for the fact that the officer deemed Ronin dangerous/aggressive purely on stereotype and taking a lethal approach. It's a dog, sure but it's the same as cold-blooded murder to me. That officer was just a trigger happy pussy (excuse my french but this pisses me off). I hope they throw the f*cking book at him or atleast know that Ronin won't go in vain and something comes of this.

I never did reply on the OP, sorry to hear Meta about Ronin. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in where pit bulls are categorized the way they are.. but know you're not the only one out there trying to make a change to their image. There's just only so much we can do.. society is brainwashed by media to accept and think that pit bulls are dangerous, each one, even though there are literally thousands upon thousands of them out there that are just as gentle as a lab. My pit is living proof.

Every time I see someone walking a pit or has one, puts a smile on my face. Even the actual aggressive ones deserve a fighting chance. Every breed has it's rough one.. owners of the dangerous dogs are to blame, not the animal. Harsh treatment and improper training. If you ever read of a dog attacking someone, don't go 'that f*cking mutt', instead, think of what lead that dog to do such a thing. Humans do f*cked up sh*t too.. so shoot the owners, rescue the dog.

• Failure likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users