Quantcast

» «
Photo

Justice for Ronin

71 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

7XObZLi.png

This playful little mixed breed pit was my brother-in-law's dog, Ronin who he rescued from the edge of death and homelessness10 years ago. One of the sweetest dogs I've ever had the privilege of meeting. Last night, Ronin was shot and killed by a Cedar Park, TX police officer where they live because he escaped the backyard to go play. Being a pit mix, he was of course automatically deemed "aggressive" by the officer who didn't hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later. Afterwards the officer stood and just watched as Ronin lay twitching on the ground not yet dead from it's two consecutive gunshots to the head. Anyone who has ever met this dog would know aggressive and Ronin do not belong in the same sentence. He wasn't even given a chance, stereotyped, and murdered. My heart hurts for my him and all of those who loved him. 

I typically don't share anything like this here as we've all seen stories like this becoming more and more prevalent in the last year - this one just hits a little closer to home than I would have liked. I myself grew up with a pit who had no incidents of violence but was thrown into an animal control shelter for two weeks because a teenager  ran through our back yard and got his shoe bit. These are a great but misunderstood breed but beyond that over-zealous officers who abuse their station with such impunity need as much exposure as we can afford them.

#justiceforronin

http://www.myfoxaust...8NzWQE.facebook

https://www.facebook...Justiceforronin

• Fuzzknuckles, D- Ice, Spider-Vice and 13 others like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

This is terrible. I sincerely hope that officer who shot your dog rots in hell.

R.I.P.
  • meta187 and Sting4S like this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

If i saw a pitbull running towards me i would shoot it too. I cant tell if the dog will attack or if it will be friendly until its right beside me.
And it is kind of the owner's fault for not having the right safety precautions.

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

Being a pit mix...

.....Anyone who has ever met this dog would know aggressive and Ronin do not belong in the same sentence.

There's the issue.

The officer nor anyone who is not responsible for this dog would have any idea if he's friendly or aggressive. 

As sad this must be for your family to lose an esteemed pet, many have also lost loved ones because of dog attacks... your family should have been more responsible to prevent his escape.

• lil weasel and The Hippie like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

For one, it would have been better if the officer fired a warning shot first. Since the dog wasn't aggressive after all.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

For one, it would have been better if the officer fired a warning shot first. Since the dog wasn't aggressive after all.

where would he shoot though? Into the ground? I shot the dog running at me sounds a little better than i shot the ground beside the dog to hopefully scare the dog into not mauling me
  • Xyn likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

http://www.peta.org/international/

is this the site you where after

@notyourpersonalarmy

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

Those who shoot animals are psychopaths, pure and simple. In my opinion, dogs and cats are infinitely much better than most people.

• Moonshield, Spider-Vice and markwey like this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 25 July 2014 - 04:15 AM.

What prompted the response in the first place? I'm not going to outright bash the officer if I don't have the objective account of why he shot it.

-edit-

Alright, I read the link and it says the dog charged him. I don't blame him for reacting, but I also think he should have handled it differently. I probably would have just shoved or kicked the dog, not shoot it. I had a pit bull come up to my dog and I once before as we were walking, and it started growling and wrestling with my dog so I kicked it aside and it scurried off.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

where would he shoot though? Into the ground? I shot the dog running at me sounds a little better than i shot the ground beside the dog to hopefully scare the dog into not mauling me

Where did he state that the dog was coming to maul the officer?

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

Where did he state that the dog was coming to maul the officer?

I doubt the officer just shot the dog simply because.

And again, all this could've been avoided had better restrictions preventing the dog's escape been in place.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Death to the Bourgeoisie - Long live Anarchy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

I doubt the officer just shot the dog simply because.

Why's that? Cops have done worse simply because.

• D- Ice, Sting4S and Mr. House like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

You really think Dogs are at the top of their list?

But anyway, there's no real way to tell the actual truth. The cop may have been a dick or he may have been seconds from being attacked; we don't know.

What we do know, is that the dog should not have been left astray.

• WhatsStrength and hornedturtle like this

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

Just like the 47 Ronin before him, I too hope Ronin gets justice.

• theadmiral and Mr. House like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

What we do know, is that the dog should not have been left astray.

Yeah that's true but we'll wait and see.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:16 AM

No, I'm saying there's a precedent for cops shooting/killing people or their pets for no apparent reason at all.

• D- Ice likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:30 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 25 July 2014 - 05:33 AM.

No, I'm saying there's a precedent for cops shooting/killing people or their pets for no apparent reason at all.

And you're talking about not even a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of cops out there, so what's your point? I hate when people like you use incidents like this as rhetoric in your anti-cop campaigns.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

And you're talking about not even a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of cops out there, so what's your point?

That we shouldn't just assume the cop was at all in danger, and that he may very well have killed the dog for no real reason--or because he's an incompetent moron. There's no evidence to substantiate his claims, and no reason to trust cops at all.

In any event, if the cops had left this to animal control, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

As much as I love animals, you can't blame a cop for trying to defend himself. I know my dad got shot at when he was trying to raise his hands to surrender or something and he ended up getting shot because he was still holding his revolver while he was putting up his hands.

You can't be too careful nowadays, but you have to think before you do whatever.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 25 July 2014 - 05:58 AM.

And you're talking about not even a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of cops out there, so what's your point?
That we shouldn't just assume the cop was at all in danger, and that he may very well have killed the dog for no real reason--or because he's an incompetent moron. There's no evidence to substantiate his claims, and no reason to trust cops at all.

In any event, if the cops had left this to animal control, we wouldn't even be talking about this.
"no reason to trust cops at all"? Why do you hate them so much? You may as well be replacing "cops" with any given group of people because you've done nothing to prove they're any less trustworthy than any other group.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

He shouldn't have used a pistol though. Should have used something less lethal.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

Of course, cops got nothing better to do than go shooting dogs for the sake of it. Animals can be unpredecible, the dog could have attacked the officer but you people had rather if the guy had got injured or killed by the animal but let the dog alive.

And before anybody says "but the owner said it wasn't a dangerous dog...", how the hell would the cop know about it? If you saw a cougar running towards you, would you shoot or wait till it jumped on you only to check if it was actually hostile?

I love how animal lovers bitch so much when a dangerous breed dog is killed in a self defense act and don't seem to care when an innocent person does. Oh, but yeah, a dog's life is more preciable than another human being's like you.
  • Xyn, Sting4S and Inbred Walrus like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:22 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 25 July 2014 - 06:22 AM.

We don't know whether dog was running to the officer though. He may have killed it for no reason. Who knows?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Why would he do that?

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

If the dog was kept safely at home rather than left unattended enough that he managed to escape...we wouldn't need neither animal control nor the cops.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

Why would he do that?

Maybe he was not in his right mind or something... I'd like to see a more detailed description from Meta187. :)

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

Why would he do that?

Maybe he was not in his right mind or something... I'd like to see a more detailed description from Meta187. :)

And that'd be far more reasonable than self defense, right?
  • Xyn likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

When a weapon is drawn it means there is a deadly threat. The intent is to kill the aggressor. Believe it or not Attack dogs (pit bulls, shepherds, etc.) are trained to go for the gun, not retreat. Noise does not 'scare' dogs. It would be gross misconduct or even reckless behaviour to not shoot at the threat.
  • RoadRunner71 likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Having a police officer dispatched to respond to a call of a dog running loose, let alone him shooting the dog in the skull with a real gun seems quite excessive. Especially considering there is such a thing as Animal Control in the states, which in all likelihood would have at the very least attempted to catch him with a pole or if all else were to fail (which would surprise me considering the dog in question was domesticated), shoot him with a tranquilliser dart. 

• Spider-Vice, na89340qv0n34b09q340, Sting4S and 1 other like this

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

He shouldn't have used a pistol though. Should have used something less lethal.

Funny you say that.

When the neighbor ran out out and said, "We know this dog, you should have used a taser" the officer flatly replied, "Yea but I didn't" but sure keep playing devil's advocate here to seem contrary and edgy. The 2nd officer even told them he couldn't comment on the first officer but admitted he would have handled it differently.

"It was agonizing, the pain that the dog was going through which was really the part that was really bothering me. Because he shot it twice and he just sat there and stared at it. I asked him why and...he goes 'well I thought that he was coming after me,'" Baca said.

And for the record the dog had been placed inside the backyard of the owners home, Ronin like many curious dogs pushed his way out and hadn't even roamed two houses away from their yard. The owners didn't even know he'd gotten free until the shots were fired. If you're a dog owner, be it a inside or outside dog you know that occasionally dogs tend to try and take off or explore their area it's not unusual - it doesn't warrant them being put down 20 paces from your home because a jumpy officer can't handle his sh*t or worse was simply looking for an excuse to pull out his pistol.

• Vercetti42 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users