» «

Modding Inquiries, Is this possible?

2 replies to this topic
  • Porkinhiser

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

Hey, I am new to this forum, and also have never made a GTA Mod ever, so i apologize for my lack of education on the matter and/or if this is posted under the wrong thing, but anyways, here i go.

I had an idea that was floating around my head for a mod but i could never find one similar to it, so i am wondering if it's even possible.

See, hear me out though, imagine a mod where it adds the ability to go to an airport, pay for a ticket, and have it transport you to another map, such as Vice City or Los Santos. (Both directly ripped or recreated from Vice City or San Andreas)

Would that be possible? Would it be hard to do? And would it take forever for someone like me, with no coding or modding experience at all to learn how to do such?

Thanks for hearing me out, hopefully that wasn't too painful lol

• Jitnaught

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by LetsPlayOrDy, 25 July 2014 - 03:58 PM.

Welcome! ;)
The pay for ticket part and the teleport part would be fairly easy. The map(s) part, is the difficult, maybe impossible part. I'm not an expert at that, so maybe you should wait till someone who is, or post another topic in the IV modeling/maps section.
  • Porkinhiser likes this

• byteMe420

allah akbar!

• United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

You need to setup another map in the world which isnt a scripting thing. U need to edit files that the game is already loading. Talk to people who make map mods. You need paths to be created for all peds and vehicles. Then once u have a world loading, a scripter will then need to recreate spawning/deleting objects/peds/vehicles just like the game script.

It sounds like this is a big task and would require some knowledgeable people.

• Wiebrendh likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users