UTOPIA (UK drama, not US reality show)

85 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 22 August 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Yeah, there is a terrible looking reality show starting soon. I anticipated this problem.

Edit: title changed accordingly.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Thanks, there is also a US version of the drama rumoured so that's gonna get even more confusing, written by David Fincher.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:23 AM

^ Ha Ha, that made me laugh, don't know why. Try this UK show. Its much better ! 

I will do that seriously though I wish I had better health I would be filming right now

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:11 AM Edited by milkmansun, 24 August 2014 - 04:11 AM.

^ Ha Ha, that made me laugh, don't know why. Try this UK show. Its much better !

I will do that seriously though I wish I had better health I would be filming right now
No I didn't laugh at you, just it was funny you wrote about the reality show and this is really a great drama that needs recognition.
Good for you, I would never go to do a reality show, good luck with ur health.
  • Crazyeighties likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:32 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 24 August 2014 - 04:33 AM.

No I didn't laugh at you, just it was funny you wrote about the reality show and this is really a great drama that needs recognition.
Good for you, I would never go to do a reality show, good luck with ur health.
thanks honestly I did not go and try out for myself I wanted to help others going through what I have/am going thorough to show you can still get out kick some f*cking ass, have fun doing it and do almost anything You set your heart/mind to

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:36 AM Edited by Secura, 24 August 2014 - 08:36 AM.

Okay that's enough off-topic discussion if you please, if you're not here to discuss UTOPIA then please leave.

• darthYENIK and Tyler like this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by Flynny, 24 August 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Okay that's enough off-topic discussion if you please, if you're not here to discuss UTOPIA then please leave.

The UK Utopia, with mr rabbit and all that jazz
speaking of which I am rewatching and on the V-day tv advert they show jeff it has a newscaster called Jon/John snow on it, and given theacress that played the young Milner I just kept saying in my head "you know nothing john snow" :p also the reveal of Mr Rabbit is geniously done I have to say. I remember first seeing it and I was like "NO f*ckING WAY!"

Spoiler

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Wow series 2 ending was a huge cliffhanger, if they have to end the series, please do it with series 3. Why nobody watching this show, for gods sake some lame ass shows get huge views and discussed how good it is. Man I don't understand this sh*t..
  • krashr likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

None of us Milkman, it's ridiculous that a show this good is struggling for ratings against shows like Gordie Shore and Big Brother, still when it comes to Netflix and on demand TV here in the UK, nothing seems to be more popular than UTOPIA, so here's hoping eh?

• Tyler likes this

krashr
  • krashr

head on a stick

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:04 AM

i think it's a great show and for some reason have a good feeling about an american version.. there are so many cool concepts to draw from and with fincher at the helm, it's a good sign. having said that, not sure why the uk version isn't getting more love

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:09 PM Edited by Flynny, 29 August 2014 - 10:10 PM.

i think it's a great show and for some reason have a good feeling about an american version.. there are so many cool concepts to draw from and with fincher at the helm, it's a good sign. having said that, not sure why the uk version isn't getting more love

It is on channel 4, most people forget that that exists here. A lot of people have heard of it, but haven't watched it, everyone who has seen it likes it and I mean everyone here, everyone I know anyway. I have been spreading the word as best I can, my dad, step-mum, co-workers, friends, family, my aunt's dog. It has what is known as a cult following, those who like it REALLY like it but it is a smallish fanbase due to its obscurity, the show almost seems to attempt going for cult status, in that case low viewings shouldn't be a real issue since they know on-demand services will be where it is watched, and they are right on that. This show at first seemed like a hipster's wet dream, it kinda is, because if this gets the attention of more people then it will go down as one of the greatest shows, and it should.

• milkmansun and krashr like this

krashr
  • krashr

head on a stick

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:22 AM

It is on channel 4, most people forget that that exists here. A lot of people have heard of it, but haven't watched it, everyone who has seen it likes it and I mean everyone here, everyone I know anyway. I have been spreading the word as best I can, my dad, step-mum, co-workers, friends, family, my aunt's dog. It has what is known as a cult following, those who like it REALLY like it but it is a smallish fanbase due to its obscurity, the show almost seems to attempt going for cult status, in that case low viewings shouldn't be a real issue since they know on-demand services will be where it is watched, and they are right on that. This show at first seemed like a hipster's wet dream, it kinda is, because if this gets the attention of more people then it will go down as one of the greatest shows, and it should.

i've also told a heap of people to check it out, friends, clients, random pubgoers, the girl at the supermarket checkout.. one of my ex's is a massive hipster, so i told her that if she doesn't watch it now and it does get popular later, she won't be able to say she knew about it before everyone else and will lose all her hipster cred. i suspect she's watching it right now  :lol:
  • milkmansun likes this

krashr
  • krashr

head on a stick

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

if anybody in australia has been interested in catching this great show but haven't been able to, the first three episodes are being aired on sbs2 at about 10:30pm tonight! do it!

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

Ugh the wait for the possible conformation or cancellation of Series 3 is driving me up the wall already, I have a little hope that even if C4 decides not to renew it, Netflix will.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

I really hope they do the next series soon, if not I would go crazy. I am trying to tell everyone I know about the show. when they gonna announce? May be next month?
  • krashr likes this

krashr
  • krashr

head on a stick

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:19 AM

it shouldn't even be debated! tv execs are dumb

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:40 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 21 September 2014 - 11:41 PM.

"Don't put the gas away yet"

"Do you know what I do with the spoon?"

Two phrases that will haunt me.

Every country has its top-notch stuff, but I really, really love the top-notch British TV.  Channel 4 (and Film 4) please me on a regular basis.  (As do BBC, with me being a Who fan and LOVING Sherlock, and don't even get me started on Luther!)

• milkmansun, Finite and krashr like this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:20 AM

QP7KBRR.gif

• milkmansun likes this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

QP7KBRR.gif

PANSH FAMILII! PANSH FAMILII!

JANUS YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE

• milkmansun likes this

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Every time when this thread comes up, I get remembered the goodnight times of watching the show, just like breaking bad.
  • krashr likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

HrzPxBZ.jpg

• milkmansun likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

Utopia has been cancelled...

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

The optimist in me is saying that this show was pretty well received - I've seen nary a negative word said against it. Hopefully this isn't the final nail in the coffin...and anyway, with luck and lots of patience, we could be seeing something similar to this http://www.independe...ak-9778186.html

ha

ha

:c

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

we need netflix to save us was the top of their UK charts, this is hundred times worse than firefly.

• Finite likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

Rare as it is that I actually support any of these petitions I'd advise any of you that want to see any sort of future Utopia related content at all go and sign this petition.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by Flynny, 10 October 2014 - 05:19 PM.

If the US version succeeds we'll be back in business I guess.

signed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users