• NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:12 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 09 August 2014 - 09:52 PM.

So let me get is streight. You are officially saying that you have extended the maps size limit and the ID limit and the game still works? Is it now possible to extended SA with LC and VC and keep the original IDEs and IPLs with the original LODs? If so, then the full SA game with all missions and mods would still be playable---is that correct?

Yes, the game still works. And I'm intending to also have the III/VC scripts working, and in the meantime port SA to the RW version of OpenGL as well.

But clearly this 'SOL Trilogy' mod is tons of times better, so I'll just not work on this at all and leave people like fastman92 to 'do their big debugging' and solve it, as they're waaaaay better than me, right?
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit, Ss4gogeta0, goodidea82 and 1 other like this

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by X-Seti, 09 August 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Interesting then how did he get passed the 19999 ID limit. because the engine uses 20000 - to about 26500 for engine related objects.

If you try and use anything over 26500 the engine ignores those entries.

With this statement I was merely asking a question, I wanted to know how you did it and why now because Fastman92 started his own research on this.

why are you stating such as if it's not possible?

I was referring to what is publicly known? and about removing useless objects, I was talking about the trilogy mod (GTA:SA) SOL

Also one of my screenshots (in fact, the one in the initial topic post) clearly (I even highlighted this line) shows a VC ide/ipl with a model index over 20000.

Your screen shot just shows you have objects on the X axis just outside the bounds, This is old news to me because I've been here 5 years ago working on the original SA version of SOL.. but I didn't make it work because of the map bounding issues.

I'll be glad to make your modification's intended ports to SA/IV useless (outside of the will-never-be-done 'remodeling of everything') as you're just, well, yeah...

This attitude and way of competing only puts other projects out. GTAF was mean't to be a communtiy where we solved problems together. and I did not ask for your rude smart ass reply.

SOL from 2012 is about remodeling and why is that such a problem, I moved from coding to modeling because that was the direction I wanted to head. I am proud to be working on the VC engine and there is nothing wrong with retro engine modding at all. 

(outside of the will-never-be-done 'remodeling of everything') as you're just, well, yeah...

If you do not understand how this can be done ask, it's not hard..  and this crap you should really have kept to yourself, I had more respect for you m8, not anymore.

• Wesser, Alt, Swoorup and 4 others like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci
  • None
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

and in the meantime port SA to the RW version of OpenGL as well.

Like a wrapper form or native? I spoke about this with someone else a while back and was told that every texture would need to be repacked to make them work with OpenGL.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Village of Fools

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

@NTA & X-Seti...

Calm the hell down with all that hostility, just because you both have mods that are there to achieve the same goal does not mean this is some sort of competition... both of you are doing good work... dont try to go out and ruin eachothers enjoyment, X-seti isnt even personally working on the SA version of the SOL mod, so no reason to even mention anything about it... 

If you cant get along, children. avoid eachother...

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

@NTA: What you say above is so good it's hard to believe.

@NTA & X-Seti: You both deserve full respect for your incredible dedication and achievements. I hope you also show respect for eachother's work.

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

Jeez was it even necessary to go full on attack mode when questions are being asked?? (even so the answer regarding IDs being hacked was shown in the screenshot)

Just because the majority of users here are not as 'amazing' as you doesn't give you the right to sh*t on us and force us to kiss your ass whenever you come out with stuff like this. You can say all you want about Trilogy, it will never be as good as Citizen (especially the thread "The End of the Universe"...no screenshots and nothing but crap being typed), Trilogy is sh*t compared to this, I'm not a awesome coder like you (in fact I'm useless), Trilogy is rubbish so let me tell everyone to forget about Trilogy and wait for NT's masterpiece to be released....it's worth the wait!

Calling fastman92 retarded was just not needed, for that I'll just call you a utter prick and leave it at that. 

• X-Seti, Wesser, Shmoopy and 4 others like this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Like a wrapper form or native? I spoke about this with someone else a while back and was told that every texture would need to be repacked to make them work with OpenGL.

OpenGL has had support for S3TC for a long while now, even for so long that RW has native support for it in the OpenGL native texture loader; however I did like mobile GTA did and (thanks to a link _DK shared to a Russian GTA wiki) implemented a custom texture loader for the D3D9 RW texture format.

Anyway, I probably swapped around my words, it was supposed to be 'OpenGL version of RW'. :p

As to the argument above, I tend to be an annoying prick when I'm in a bad mood and feel underappreciated a lot - again I have no issues with the original VC SOL version or even the intent to port to SA/IV, but rather the hyping up that nWo has done just for something he 'was only hoping someone would finish'.
  • Platinum Card, Ash_735, PingPang and 2 others like this

-ATP-
  • -ATP-

GTA United Developer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

@NTAuthority

Any chances to see a public version of your hacks soon?

I'm also interested in more details about the path hack. Have you really "expanded" the path borders, or did you just move the existing +/-3000 path range beside SA?

So if you expanded it, do you use more node files or have you expanded the range of an existing single node file?

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

@NTAuthority

no idea

I'm also interested in more details about the path hack. Have you really "expanded" the path borders, or did you just move the existing +/-3000 path range beside SA?
So if you expanded it, do you use more node files or have you expanded the range of an existing single node file?

as there's lots of odd checks for the area/node id linking relating to link nodes, the game simply just switches to a different set of node files when getting past a specific coordinate. in addition, the path files' limit to 4096 due to fixed-point coordinates has been expanded to 8192.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

@NTAuthority

no idea

All research just to show off some screens?

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

@NTAuthority

no idea

All research just to show off some screens?

'no idea' was referring to 'soon'

• -ATP-, Prince Gumball, BlackScout and 1 other like this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Ah, i misunderstood. I thought it's gonna end up only in citizen eventually.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

wow, some fantastic work going on in this topic.

good stuff NTA, nice to see you're still working away with the SA limits :rah:

• BlackScout likes this

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

OpenGL has had support for S3TC for a long while now, even for so long that RW has native support for it in the OpenGL native texture loader; however I did like mobile GTA did and (thanks to a link _DK shared to a Russian GTA wiki) implemented a custom texture loader for the D3D9 RW texture format.

Anyway, I probably swapped around my words, it was supposed to be 'OpenGL version of RW'. :p

As to the argument above, I tend to be an annoying prick when I'm in a bad mood and feel underappreciated a lot - again I have no issues with the original VC SOL version or even the intent to port to SA/IV, but rather the hyping up that nWo has done just for something he 'was only hoping someone would finish'.

Being unappreciated and ridiculed is something i've been used too, People on here can be to quick to judge.

It's not been easy for me either m8, and for coming in hard and saying things like I did. I can only apologize for this, It's not my intent to fall out with people or start a flame war.

• Platinum Card, PingPang and Ss4gogeta0 like this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I know my questions could sound stupied, but I ask aniway. Is it now realy posible to hak SA map limit? Will this become some kind of limitadjuster one day? If yes, which other limits it´ll be able to hak?

However this sounds more then awsome.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

just in case you guys didn't notice, I released an early version a few days ago.

as I see, nobody even noticed, and you guys are all still being overhyped for other people's stuff that does similar stuff in a worse way just because they're more 'known'. how typical of this community.
  • CallyW likes this

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Big thanks for releasing your work and for releasing the source code of it!

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

@NTAuthority well let's just say you're more popular than that guys and many noticed but you really think that if you post some screens and than release them after 4 weeks and not even in compiled version(i tried to compile it, but then i have some error like no regal32.dll(why everyone should have it on his pc?)) so i'm still using my plugin even if it's done in much worse way(i saw your sources and found that you replaced a lot but not everything also itsn't user-friendly.) i respect your work but don't think you're the only one who can(also why you released after i said that i'm going to do the same and did it?)

• nWo51289, -ATP-, Mega and 4 others like this

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

"sometimes , happiness led you to your own doom."

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

@NTAuthority well let's just say you're more popular than that guys and many noticed but you really think that if you post some screens and than release them after 4 weeks and not even in compiled version(i tried to compile it, but then i have some error like no regal32.dll(why everyone should have it on his pc?)) so i'm still using my plugin even if it's done in much worse way(i saw your sources and found that you replaced a lot but not everything also itsn't user-friendly.) i respect your work but don't think you're the only one who can(also why you released after i said that i'm going to do the same and did it?)

so , if you make your own map limit hack , will you release it ?

nyolc8
  • nyolc8

-

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

I'm just asking because I don't really understand... so... in SAMP it's possible to make map elements really far from the default land. What is the difference? I know this is for SP. But... any other differencies?

PingPang
  • PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by Frank.s, 01 September 2014 - 03:51 PM.

PetkaGtA complaining about someone else releasing a tool as source-code-only. Oh the irony. :D
(no hate intended tho dude ;) )

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

PetkaGtA complaining about someone else releasing a tool as source-code-only. Oh the irony. :D
(no hate intended tho dude ;) )

Source code distribution is the best possible situation. There is always the possibility that someone compiles it and publishes the executable, but the other way is not possible. He complained about problems during compilation.

cj2000
  • cj2000

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

so , if you make your own map limit hack , will you release it ?

I think he relesed it here: http://www.mediafire...me/ipllimadj.7z

Minde95s
  • Minde95s

They call me "The Minimap man"

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by Minde95s, 02 September 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Spoiler
does this extend IDE limit and How many objects can be placed in map?

cj2000
  • cj2000

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

Spoiler
does this extend IDE limit and How many objects can be placed in map?

That is a question you should ask PetkaGtA.

CallyW
  • CallyW

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

This does look extremely promising, I've been following SOL for a few years now off the record but if this could work in SA then the possibilities really start to rack up big time!

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:11 AM

Have too say this is really awesome. Must have been a long sleepless nights trying to get those right. 

From what I did with path bounds in VC, I had to change the short data type to int data type.

And hell those struct are embedded throughout a lot of functions, and takes different forms. I sort of made scripts to find out locations of those firms and had to manually write about 300 hooks. 

Writing some sort of parser, and decision taking algorithm to do those automatically would probably be better idea. Its still a ton of work though

• PingPang and ALMOST610 like this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

preceptorships.png

kwel

Haven´t notice this pic befor. So you was able to have peds and trafic outside the stanard map bounds? Will you ever release this mod?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:24 PM   Best Answer

http://gtaforums.com...entry1066080363

Discuss the mod there.
  • undertaker fan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic