4 replies to this topic
MotelGuy
  • MotelGuy

Depraved Bisexual

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

How were you introduced to the GTA series? Here's my story:

The first time i found out about the series was a decade and two years ago, i saw my older(obviously) brother playing it on our Xbox, but back then i had no idea what the f*ck he was playing back then. I just saw a white guy wearing a blue shirt  driving around, killing people, chopping them up with helicopter blades, and being chased by police. He even once showed me him picking up hookers, driving to a secluded area, and started to gain health. Of course my eight year old mind didn't know what was going on. I once tried playing it, but i didn't understand it to well. My bro eventually showed up, saw i was playing it, and took it away. Maybe he was too greedy to let me play it, or maybe he wanted to be a respnsable older sibling and didn't want me to be exposed to the great amount of violence. My money's on the first explanation. Anyway, fast forward three years, and I see some news report about violent games affects young minds. Same bullsh*t. But, the thing about this news report, was that i saw something that caught my eye. While they were rambling on and on, they were showing footage of a game. It was an african-american guy going around killing random people. I was surprised at the fact that you can go on a random killing spree. I played violent games before, but this was different. You didn't kill people just when you're on a mission, you could kill people whenever you felt like it. I instantly put that game in first place on my next rental list, and next game to buy list. I rented it, the bought it, and with that, my die-hard fandom with GTA, and Rockstar Games began. Anyway, looking back on things now, I'm pretty sure the news report was caused by the Hott Coffee controvery bullsh*t, because it was mid 2005, and it was San Andreas they were showing(I'm one hundred percent sure ALL of you figured that out, just like you figured out it was Vice City that my bro was playing) Anyway, if you're still reading this sh*t, here's the moral of the story: Don't show violent game footage while doing a news reportl on how it's supossedly bad for you. You never know if you're just introducing to a kid/teen to another violent game. in other words:

The people who were trying to prevent me, and others, from playing violent games, introduced me to the most awsome game series that has ever existed! :lol: How do you like thaem apples JACK THOMPSON! Anyway, your stories are welcome, and will be appreciated. Thank You.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

You can find like 10 threads on this in the Series Chat section

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 24 July 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Stories like that seem to go to http://gtaforums.com...story-with-gta/, in the GTA Series Chat section.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :)

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Ps. Black text is a no no unless you are begging for complaints

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Moving to series chat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic