3 replies to this topic
PhantomRoxas101
  • PhantomRoxas101

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

(BE WARNED, LONG TEXT):
I've noticed a lot of people justifying option B, and claiming Michael was fake and full of deceit towards Franklin, I'm going to prove that not only untrue, but completely ridiculous. That statement alone is the most ignorant and childish response I've heard, and I have no clue as to where it came from. Although said to be said by Franklin, supposedly to Michael, i've noticed many users saying this as to reprimand or deem Michael as fake or sly when it comes to Franklin. If I remember vividly, Michael has been honest to 3 people, His wife, Dr. Friedlander, and Franklin.
One reason mike couldn't have possibly "tricked" Franklin is in the mission "Dead Man Walking" where Michael briefly explained his re-ignited relationship with Trevor, and new work under the F.I.B. He told Franklin skip town, even told him he didn't have to help him and "its a death sentence Franklin". But Franklin CHOSE to do it, saying he's made more paper with him than he ever did hustling, and that he's with him (also debunking option B, as that would be a serious change in character from Franklin).
Another reason is because throughout the story, we see Michael caring immensely and protecting Franklin from danger, sayinng again in "Three's Company" he can back out kf he wished. He also saves Franklin the stress of dealing again with Madrazo, calling in Trevor instead. Michael protects Franklin with his armor, willing to take heavy fire for him in "The Paleto Score Heist", and showing great concern for his safety after being hit by an explosion in "The Bureau Raid". As you can see, i have this, and many more reasons along the story showing Michael's care and concern for his "son" Franklin. Why in the world, during the course of the story, would Michael con or trick Franklin? He loves him more than his son, his own flesh and blood for a "Two Bit Gangster gone Three Bit". If you choose Option B, you even see Michael and Amanda inviting him for dinner! AMANDA, who may i remind you in "Did Somebody Say Yoga", said he has horrible friends? Yet she invites him for dinner? Gotta have some type of respect for Franklin to invite him into your home. No way, no how Michael would be untrue to Franklin. Yes he was shady towards him, but in the end he came clean. I hope I at least cleared some points up for you all, and would love to elaborate to further help you understand my views on this matter
  • archiebunker, Cutter De Blanc, Ermac. and 6 others like this

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:27 PM Edited by archiebunker, 24 July 2014 - 09:28 PM.

Yeah. Michael demonstrably did care about Franklin. The reason he was reluctant to be fully honest with F was because he was afraid/ashamed to admit what he'd done, not because he wanted to be deceitful.

• Staten, fac316, Revenge of the Donut and 2 others like this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by TheDeaconBosco, 24 July 2014 - 09:45 PM.

Yeah. Michael demonstrably did care about Franklin. The reason he was reluctant to be fully honest with F was because he was afraid/ashamed to admit what he'd done, not because he wanted to be deceitful.

Well... He does care, but along with the rest of his family he still puts his own needs above Frank's.

Remember "I fought the law"? On the way home, Trevor questions why Mike is so interested in this deal with Weston, Mike claims he only acts in Frank's interest, and Frank is unsure of it all but goes along with it anyway.

But we know the true story though, at the end of "Blitz Play", the only reason he accepted to deal with Weston was because he promised him to deal with his idol Solomon Richards.

At the end of Fresh Meat, he tries to rationalize the fact that Weston didn't pay Frank, obviously he doesn't want to have to stop his relationship with Richards over a business matter.

• archiebunker, fac316 and Xanbukka like this

Xanbukka
  • Xanbukka

Lone-Wolf (No Club)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:46 PM Edited by Xanbukka, 24 July 2014 - 11:50 PM.

My grandfather had two great bits of knowledge, and he would easily share it, like I'll do now. B.T.W., to state someone's "opinion" is "wrong", is not only wrong in any context, but it clearly puts fourth your in-ability to display any real reasonable points.

1. Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one........

2. If you aren't a criminal, you can't possibly predict, or judge the thinking, of a criminal mind.........

The game was set up to test "Your" moral capacity, thus directing the game's path, from your moral choices. Think I'm wrong?, play it over, from the start, three times. Kill Mike in one, kill Trev in one, and pick death wish on the third, not killing either. Tell me I'm wrong.

That isn't the only example I have, just do the tests for (Epsilon) and (Children of the Mountain) cults, on their web-sites. They clearly push you to answer in a pointed way, maybe not of your choice, but again.

If I'm wrong, it isn't the first time, but that is my view on it. 

Proceed.......    :r*:

• PhantomRoxas101 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users