5 replies to this topic
Gambo1
  • Gambo1

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Hello everyone,

So I have had Gta IV for a while, but haven't played it much due to the fact it runs enjoyably. With a framerate that only gets to about 30 fps, and is usually below that, I am not too sure what is going on.

I have done the test to see if my computer can run it, and it very well should be able to. I really want to be able to enjoy Gta 4, but cant due to the low framerate and for some reason very blurry atmosphere. Any help on making the game playable would be very much appreciated. Also, if it helps, my game is a steam copy. My specs are as follows:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

CPU:  AMD Athlon™ II X4 645 Processor, 3.1 GHZ rated at 6.2 GHZ

RAM: 6.2 GB

GPU: GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Hard drive space: 673.6 GB

I have attached three images in the spoiler below showing what my game looks like, and how the settings screen says something about having low resources. Also, when I went to close my game, an error popped up stating GTA 4 ran out of memory. Very strange considering my specs, at least I think so.

Spoiler

As you can see, my game is also very blurry. It also warns me my settings, no matter what they are on, are near or exceed my PC's resource limit, even though it says its only using 285/3007 MB.

If anymore information is needed, I can provide it. I would like to thank you once again in advance, and I hope I can be playing and enjoying Gta 4 soon!

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

The solution for the Blurry issue is to activate Definition in your settings, you can simply press P in-game or check Graphics section in Pause Menu.

To run it faster reduce the Resolution, it's really high and it can strongly affect the FPS.  Another thing you can deactivate is VSync, as it helps to reduce screen tearing, but it affects FPS as well. 

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

The best patch for GTA IV if you want performance is 1.0.4.0 - install it :)

Then you can mess with settings, but as the WandererNiko said the Definition set to On "unblur" the image.
  • WandererNiko likes this

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Make a new Notepad file and name it 'commandline.txt' (exclude tags). Now open the file and write like this-
-norestrictions
-nomemrestrict
Now save the file in the root directory of GTA IV where the LaunchGTAIV.exe is.

And for your running out of memory problem, install the latest patch for GTA IV which is 1.0.7.0. Hope this helps. :^:

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:21 PM Edited by unc13bud, 27 July 2014 - 02:21 PM.

when i read the topic and saw gtx 660ti, i said to myself "original poster got a 3gb card" then i went to one of my unsafe machines to view the images and confirmed it. original poster, this issue is well documented in the forums. here is rockstar's fix: - availablevidemem

https://support.rock...B-as-under-spec

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Get used to it. 30 fps isn't bad at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users