Merryweather Jeep

31 replies to this topic
FlamingBeard
  • FlamingBeard

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

I was wondering can you store the Merryweather Jeep when you take it from the gang Attack?

I know the mercinary way but I don't always have friends online to do it

transambill
  • transambill

Trojan Field Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Before everyone comes in saying you can't store gang attack cars, and this still worked 4 days ago.

First make sure all your PV are in your garage and then go to the gang attack on the beach by the military base.

Take a Jeep from the gang attack and find one of those blue circles/job triggers that starts a job when you walk into it. Find one by a road and drive into it, exit the Jeep and you'll be put into a join/host job page, hit O to quit and the Jeep will spawn near by. Now that one can be kept/insured/modded.

FlamingBeard
  • FlamingBeard

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

I went there a few times at night and couldn't find a gang attack

transambill
  • transambill

Trojan Field Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

Pull up the map and look west of the military base on the beach. You'll see a race called Raton Race, go to that race job trigger. The blue circle that starts the race is next to a dirt road and past it to your right will be the gang attack on the beach.

So go thru the tunnel on the highway that goes under the military base. When you exit the tunnel the area to your left is where everyone uses the hill side to jump a car into the base. Go left after exiting the tunnel and you'll hit a dirt road,turn left and drive down it a little and you'll pass the Raton Race job trigger on your left and the next thing you'll come to is the gang attack on your right.

After you take the Jeep, head back down the highway towards town and look for the blue circle/job trigger called Business Trip, it's a race, park in the middle of the blue circle/job trigger and exit the Jeep. On the pop up screen that opens hit O to quit, X to confirm and you'll be seen walking away from the job trigger you just parked in. The Jeep will be parked near by and now can be stored,Insured,modded,etc.

You don't have to use the job trigger for Business Trip, any by the road should work I just always use that one cause it's always worked.

Edit:

Didn't want to post bad info so I just tried it and now have a Daemon from the gang attack under the pier and a Merryweather Mesa Jeep from the Gang attack on the beach near the military base, both setting in my garage.

• sh0tyme likes this

drinkduff
  • drinkduff

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

I was wondering can you store the Merryweather Jeep when you take it from the gang Attack?

You don't need friends.  Just find some lowlevel online.  Send Merryweather after them.  Be there when they show up.  Steal the Jeep.

ChipChop
  • ChipChop

A Labyrinth

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

Pull up the map and look west of the military base on the beach. You'll see a race called Raton Race, go to that race job trigger. The blue circle that starts the race is next to a dirt road and past it to your right will be the gang attack on the beach.

So go thru the tunnel on the highway that goes under the military base. When you exit the tunnel the area to your left is where everyone uses the hill side to jump a car into the base. Go left after exiting the tunnel and you'll hit a dirt road,turn left and drive down it a little and you'll pass the Raton Race job trigger on your left and the next thing you'll come to is the gang attack on your right.

After you take the Jeep, head back down the highway towards town and look for the blue circle/job trigger called Business Trip, it's a race, park in the middle of the blue circle/job trigger and exit the Jeep. On the pop up screen that opens hit O to quit, X to confirm and you'll be seen walking away from the job trigger you just parked in. The Jeep will be parked near by and now can be stored,Insured,modded,etc.

You don't have to use the job trigger for Business Trip, any by the road should work I just always use that one cause it's always worked.

Edit:

Didn't want to post bad info so I just tried it and now have a Daemon from the gang attack under the pier and a Merryweather Mesa Jeep from the Gang attack on the beach near the military base, both setting in my garage.

I went there too, but now I will follow your steps.. TXS.

ChipChop
  • ChipChop

A Labyrinth

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hi..I folow the steps, but nothing, I really want a MW Jeep, can you help me plz..any pics or another way,I  tried some methods but

..Ty.

andreuguerra
  • andreuguerra

Rat

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

0_0.jpg

transambill
  • transambill

Trojan Field Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

Anybody having trouble getting the Merryweather Jeep message me and I'll help.

Don't know what rank you have to be to get that gang attack to spawn. I know with my other character who is a lower level couldn't get it to spawn till I went there with someone else. That may be why you guys can't find that gang attack.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

Before everyone comes in saying you can't store gang attack cars, and this still worked 4 days ago.

First make sure all your PV are in your garage and then go to the gang attack on the beach by the military base.

Take a Jeep from the gang attack and find one of those blue circles/job triggers that starts a job when you walk into it. Find one by a road and drive into it, exit the Jeep and you'll be put into a join/host job page, hit O to quit and the Jeep will spawn near by. Now that one can be kept/insured/modded.

I can confirm this. Just did it today when I replaced my tan colored rim Mercenary Jeep with the black rimmed version. 

Anybody having trouble getting the Merryweather Jeep message me and I'll help.

Don't know what rank you have to be to get that gang attack to spawn. I know with my other character who is a lower level couldn't get it to spawn till I went there with someone else. That may be why you guys can't find that gang attack.

That gang attack also doesn't start until 20:00 hours. The time of day you go matters.

ChipChop
  • ChipChop

A Labyrinth

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

Gang attack unlock at rank 18, maybe my rank 36? But,if the time of the day matters Bingo !!! Ill try again...and come back here again..TY.

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

I've got one(Mesa) and resprayed and insured it,there was a random Merryweather incident outside my flat and they left it there,I just took it into my garage etc etc at first I couldn't drive it,next time I went on,it drove ....

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

JUST CALL MERCS

ChipChop
  • ChipChop

A Labyrinth

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:51 AM Edited by ChipChop, 27 July 2014 - 07:52 AM.

Thx. finally, I've got one, follow all the steps and the time...Bingo! Now in my garage. I'll try another one to my 2nd character.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

Thx. finally, I've got one, follow all the steps and the time...Bingo! Now in my garage. I'll try another one to my 2nd character.

There ya go! Enjoy.

JUST CALL MERCS

Thats one way sure. Then there is super picky people like me who want a specific version.

mr funknuts
  • mr funknuts

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

There ya go! Enjoy.

JUST CALL MERCS

Thats one way sure. Then there is super picky people like me who want a specific version.

Just keep calling them until you get the one you want

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Picky? Mercs are still better option. They send 3 or more trucks....just keep calling them. Gang attacks only have one, maybe two trucks.....and can only be done once every 48mins.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

There ya go! Enjoy.

JUST CALL MERCS

Well that is an utter waste of time and money. If you do the gang attack mission as suggested, there are usually at least two different versions that appear(there are 4). So the picky ones like me have more opportunity to get the right version with less hassle and less $$$ spent. It's of no consequence to me now though as I have the one I want.

Had to sell the version I liked a while back when we only had one garage to make room, always missed that mesa. Just recently got around to replacing it.

Picky? Mercs are still better option. They send 3 or more trucks....just keep calling them. Gang attacks only have one, maybe two trucks.....and can only be done once every 48mins.

They send multiple cars sure, but usually only the same type of model but with or without hard top. Recently I've only seen them with the desert version in response to merc calls. When I say I'm picky it is as I like the black wheeled version. Why do the wheels matter you ask if I can customize them? I like the stock tires because they are bigger than the upgrades. Plus the wheel on the tailgate you are unable to change the color of. The gang attack always spawns one of each (black/desert) versions of the mesa. So in my personal opinion, if you are picky and don't want to waste money the gang attack is the better option. Just require a little patience.

transambill
  • transambill

Trojan Field Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:54 AM Edited by transambill, 28 July 2014 - 07:57 AM.

There's always 2 that spawn at the gang attack and if you don't like what spawns, set spawn location to last location and go to the PS store then back out. The gang attack will spawn again with 2 new Jeeps and you can do that over and over again till you get what you want or it becomes 04:00 a.m. game time when I think that gang attack quits spawning for the night.

Also if you call the mercs on someone what you paid to do so is lost if that person gets killed.

I know that's not a lot but for a vehicle that has very expensive insurance and mods and cannot be sold to get any of that money back, every bit counts.

Also wheel color can be changed. Buy a different wheel and make it the color you want then switch back to stock wheels and the color will follow.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Also wheel color can be changed. Buy a different wheel and make it the color you want then switch back to stock wheels and the color will follow.

That little tidbit I was unaware of. Thanks 4 the tip.

transambill
  • transambill

Trojan Field Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, some vehicles you can completely change the color of the stock wheels while others like the Turismo, Phoenix and Ruffian you can only tint them and some like the Sand King, Clean Rebel and Entity you can't change at all.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, some vehicles you can completely change the color of the stock wheels while others like the Turismo, Phoenix and Ruffian you can only tint them and some like the Sand King, Clean Rebel and Entity you can't change at all.

Oh that's all you meant. That I did know. I may have not been clear, I'm tired and didn't specify correctly. The jeep has that tire on that back that doesn't change color regardless. That's why I like the black stock tires. 

transambill
  • transambill

Trojan Field Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by transambill, 28 July 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Nope the spare on the back changes as well, just double checked it after reading your last reply.

Went to wheels,then offroad and bought the Raider wheels, picked a random color which was slate blue, the Jeep then had 5 slate blue wheels. I then went back and put the stock wheels back on and all 5 stayed slate blue.

The Jeep started out completely Matte black or rather that's what it was when I first found it.

I too like the stock wheels cause the tires are larger. Actually a lot of my vehicles have the stock wheels cause there bigger/wider than anything at LSC. I paint/tint them when I can but most of the time I just get BP tires.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Interesting. I'm gonna have to double check this, I swore that spare tire didn't change.

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

You don't need friends.  Just find some lowlevel online.  Send Merryweather after them.  Be there when they show up.  Steal the Jeep.

So theoretically you still need someone else in the session.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Well true enough I bought tires and changed the color then reverted back to stock. Color stayed! Good tip that would have saved me some time had I known before. Only downside is you have to spend cash on rims just to go back to stock but you get the color you want. Overall I'm happy!

mr funknuts
  • mr funknuts

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

There ya go! Enjoy.

JUST CALL MERCS

Well that is an utter waste of time and money. If you do the gang attack mission as suggested, there are usually at least two different versions that appear(there are 4). So the picky ones like me have more opportunity to get the right version with less hassle and less $$$ spent. It's of no consequence to me now though as I have the one I want.

Had to sell the version I liked a while back when we only had one garage to make room, always missed that mesa. Just recently got around to replacing it.

They send multiple cars sure, but usually only the same type of model but with or without hard top. Recently I've only seen them with the desert version in response to merc calls. When I say I'm picky it is as I like the black wheeled version. Why do the wheels matter you ask if I can customize them? I like the stock tires because they are bigger than the upgrades. Plus the wheel on the tailgate you are unable to change the color of. The gang attack always spawns one of each (black/desert) versions of the mesa. So in my personal opinion, if you are picky and don't want to waste money the gang attack is the better option. Just require a little patience.

You don't pay anything if the Mercs don't get their target, just gun them down when they get out of the jeep.

• jtet37 likes this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by Poohdini, 29 July 2014 - 02:28 PM.

just call the mercs on somebody close to you and steal it

its not all that great anyway....it looks good but performance wise its junk

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

this car is now un-storable in the garage. all of the above methods are patched post 1.16   Boo.

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

What Next?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

this car is now un-storable in the garage. all of the above methods are patched post 1.16   Boo.

Wrong. Here are just a very quotes from people who are storing these after 1.16, you simply drive them into your garage after stealing them from the Mercs. Also there is a new method to clean Gang Fight Vehicles, so you could store/sell the ones from the gang fight as well.

The New Clean/Untaint(Give Modded Car to a Friend) Glitch:(MAY need to add old untaint glitch to force "Modded by another player" tag to the vehicle.)

Spoiler

(The video says to give the vehicle to a friend after you have modded it, but it will work all the same, even if we have to add the blue beacon glitch to make it say "this vehicle has been modded..." first, like the pic below, then do the glitch in the video.)

The Pic:

Spoiler

Ok, it seems like you CAN store a MW Mesa that you have taken from Mercs coming after you. Took it directly to my garage and stored it, free tracker.

Can't take one from missions or gang fights with the cleaning/hotwash method anymore though.

Thank You for confirming that, because this is a change from the last time I tried, but hell I'm not sure when that was, but it would go straight into my garage. But just a heads up, the untainting method posted at reddit(and linked above) does NOT work.

With the MW Mesa it says "you cannot store this vehicle"

What? Do you mean during a mission or just anytime? Because if so can you still use LSC. I'm just confusedsmileys-cowboy-318813.gif, lol.

Sorry, I was responding to NikkoCharger that you can't store one from a Mission anymore.  :p

But you can take one from Mercs! 

Source:"http://gtaforums.com...utorial/page-2"

I'm pretty sure the Mesa/Gang vehicles not being able to be stored/insured was a hotpatch, because I was able to store one a day or two after the 1.16 update.

I'll test it out if I can find one!

Tested: Nope, "vehicle has been modified by another player" :(

The Merryweather Mesa? No it has not been able to be stored legitimately since 1.14, but every since 1.11 we have had to "Clean/Untaint" it if we have to sell it ("-The Merryweather Mesa Off-road can NO LONGER be sold at LSC.","http://gtaforums.com...s-111-changed/"). But the last time we could simply drive the Merryweather Mesa into our garages to store them(or the daemons) was in 1.13, every since then it has required untainting. As of right not I am not aware of any glitches to allow this, but as soon as I can find one I will let y'all know.smileys-cowboy-518348.gif

*Edit

Hell here is a supposed method posted else where on the net, IDK if it actually works, looks similar to what we had posted here but WTH you might want to give it a try. I will when I get home. OH just a heads up, it is NOT SOLO.smileys-cowboy-819548.gif

"http://www.reddit.co...ed_by_another/"

stored one today!!

smileys-cowboy-675369.gifJust curious how, did you simply drive it into your garage first, like the older Daemon Method, if so I am wondering if R* has re-allowed these 2 vehicles to be stored legitimately again. OR Did you take it straight into LSC once you obtained it. Because if you did this, then they have completely lifted their ban on this vehicle and I would want to next test the Daemon, because it was always handled similarly in respect to its "storablility".smileys-cowboy-599543.gif

got another meryweather today and is stored in my garage?

Source:"http://gtaforums.com...thread/page-11"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users