Photo

What do you think of the Steam Machine?

5 replies to this topic
DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

What do you guys personally think of the Steam Machines coming out?

What do you like about it? 

What do you dislike about it?

Are you considering buying it?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

I thought they were interesting concepts. Until Alienware announced their underpowered system(nothing new).

Valve should've just released their own instead of partnering with these boutique sellers.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

I think Steam Machines will be a way for console gamers to get into PC gaming. People unnecessarily claim that it's expensive to get into, and that building a PC is too complicated.

With a Steam Machine they will have console like graphics with console like framerates, but with the option for mods, many different types of controllers, resolution choices (based on their TV or monitor), a very large library of games, free online and great sales on Steam, as well as many other things.

It can also be great for those that play games on laptops that keep asking if GTA V will run on their laptops over in the PC section of the GTA V forums.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

I think Steam Machines will be a way for console gamers to get into PC gaming. People unnecessarily claim that it's expensive to get into, and that building a PC is too complicated.

With a Steam Machine they will have console like graphics with console like framerates, but with the option for mods, many different types of controllers, resolution choices (based on their TV or monitor), a very large library of games, free online and great sales on Steam, as well as many other things.

It can also be great for those that play games on laptops that keep asking if GTA V will run on their laptops over in the PC section of the GTA V forums.

I'm personally considering getting a Steam machine later on down the line.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

not really interested in them. it's just really pre built pc's. haven't really looked into the parts/prices but i'm assuming you could get a better pc at cheaper prices. i'm mainly a console gamer but i've been wanting to build my own pc for a long time. i guess a lot of people who aren't too confident about building a pc will end up buying a steam machine. i'm not too confident about building a pc myself but i'll be totally avoiding steam machines. i'd rather take the time to learn how to properly build a pc and then do it. 

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

An overpriced console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users