• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Alright, good. Now, would you label me as a "fanboy"?

I wouldn't label you as one, not at all. At least you can see where everybody is coming from.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Alright, good. Now, would you label me as a "fanboy"?

I wouldn't label you as one, not at all. At least you can see where everybody is coming from.

That means a lot, especially since we've butted heads from time to time :D

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Zee, your little act got stale two f*cking years ago. Official General always attacks Deji's well constructed posts because he's too lazy to read them. However, you're just up to your usual trollish antics, and it's a performance that should've died along with your initial banning.
  • Zee likes this

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Just because somebody writes a long ass post, it doesn't mean its well constructed.
  • Official General likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Just because somebody writes a long ass post, it doesn't mean its well constructed.

Doesn't mean it isn't, either. What the hell is your point?
  • mariasalvatore likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by Official General, 26 July 2014 - 06:49 PM.

Zee, your little act got stale two f*cking years ago. Official General always attacks Deji's well constructed posts because he's too lazy to read them. However, you're just up to your usual trollish antics, and it's a performance that should've died along with your initial banning.

Lazy ? It's a shame you came to that conclusion mate. I was actually gonna give you some credit and say at least your responses are bearable to read, in spite of our long-standing rivalry. I would add that for most part, as long and epic his essays are, most of the time they are just agonizingly boring, not so much as be being lazy. Not being rude, I really feel that that way. And I don't think of his posts as being well-constructed. The guy's quote below sums that up for me :

Lucheese, believe me I don't even bother attack Deji's posts no more, I am in such fear of having to face his Rive Nile-length, novel-styled posts that bore me to death. Seriously, I don't even wanna always attract his dreaded attention, believe me on that.

@ Deji

Well that's just it... if EFLC (two high-priced DLC's) somehow make up for everything IV was missing, I don't see how in the hell anyone could criticise V... its DLC isn't out yet, so we've no way of concluding that it won't do exactly what EFLC did and make up for what people feel V lacks. I don't see how two costly paid DLC's can make up for such a limited base game, which is why I didn't like IV on its own.

Unfortunately, I was never patient enough to try EFLC, but at some point I will try it again with EFLC, possibly redoing the entire IV story from the beginning (well, I'll probably HAVE to) and seeing if it makes the whole experience better. In the same way, anyone with criticisms of V's limitations should definitely hold fire until the real DLC (hurry the f*ck up, R*!).

Among the quagmire of your dreaded, ultra-lengthy posts, here is one I can properly respond to. You are right, we have to see what Rockstar can come up with regarding this SP DLC. The problem is we know nothing at all. We can only go by whats in front of us, and right now, V alone is not cutting the us for those like me who feel quite letdown by it. The reality is, V on it's own with 3 protagonists and a huge map should not really need further big DLC of any kind to gain the great acclaim and credit it should be getting in the first place. Right now, V should be blowing all other GTAs out of the water on it's own, without DLC. But I will wait for this SP DLC and see what can be redeemed about this game, but I won't hold my breath.

And I definitely recommend playing EFLC, it definitely made the IV saga a much better experience, it certainly added more to what was missing.

• kingcs likes this

Noriega1976
  • Noriega1976

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:01 PM Edited by Noriega1976, 26 July 2014 - 07:15 PM.

all hope is not lost imo. Most locigal dev line would be that first they put out the GAME then they observe opinions and stuff like were doing here posting stuff. Then they ollect facts and most wanted aspects and put them on DLC . Propably Lamar i have a huntch. 

and secondly rockstar might be brrilliant and they certainly are not so dumb to leave evidence lying around knowing  diehard gta fans gonna dig up everythingout from the game anyway and gonna find out about this . 

I see things in advance. i am psychiatrist 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

Right now, V should be blowing all other GTAs out of the water on it's own, without DLC.

It doesn't. Not for most people, anyway. Same thing as with IV, that's my whole point.

But I will wait for this SP DLC and see what can be redeemed about this game, but I won't hold my breath.

Don't. Just like I won't hold my breath about EFLC making IV better.

And I definitely recommend playing EFLC, it definitely made the IV saga a much better experience, it certainly added more to what was missing.

For an extra price. If you think IV was as lacking as V, then I misjudged a little before... I thought you would be one of the ones that liked IV even without EFLC, but instead you're saying that IV was bad without it. In this case, it's the entire HD era you're upset with when it comes to the SP stock games, not just V. I still think that means you should simply resort to not being active on V forums until you change your mind about it, though. People actually like V even without DLC, and personally I don't believe it should be up to DLC to make a game likable, so both IV and V have broken that rule for you.

It's what I've been saying for so long, though. If you think V is a bad game, you must also think IV is a bad game, because they're basically the same but appealing to different tastes. If you just don't like either one, fair enough, I happen to lean more towards V than IV, but accept that they appeal to different tastes

Lucheese, believe me I don't even bother attack Deji's posts no more, I am in such fear of having to face his Rive Nile-length, novel-styled posts that bore me to death. Seriously, I don't even wanna always attract his dreaded attention, believe me on that.

And I am always in fear of facing the simplistic "dur-derr-duhhh" posts that make me want to put myself in a medically induced coma, but oh well, we all have to live with things we'd rather not.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by Official General, 26 July 2014 - 07:49 PM.

Right now, V should be blowing all other GTAs out of the water on it's own, without DLC.

It doesn't. Not for most people, anyway. Same thing as with IV, that's my whole point.

But I will wait for this SP DLC and see what can be redeemed about this game, but I won't hold my breath.

Don't. Just like I won't hold my breath about EFLC making IV better.

For an extra price. If you think IV was as lacking as V, then I misjudged a little before... I thought you would be one of the ones that liked IV even without EFLC, but instead you're saying that IV was bad without it. In this case, it's the entire HD era you're upset with when it comes to the SP stock games, not just V. I still think that means you should simply resort to not being active on V forums until you change your mind about it, though. People actually like V even without DLC, and personally I don't believe it should be up to DLC to make a game likable, so both IV and V have broken that rule for you.

It's what I've been saying for so long, though. If you think V is a bad game, you must also think IV is a bad game, because they're basically the same but appealing to different tastes. If you just don't like either one, fair enough, I happen to lean more towards V than IV, but accept that they appeal to different tastes

I can understand why some people don't like IV and think it was bad, it just weren't to a majority of everyone's tastes like the III-era GTAs

BUT....let's get something straight. IV on it's own, I did initially criticize a lot and I felt it should have been better than it was - a part of me still thinks that. However, I always stated that it was still a very good game, mostly because I really enjoyed the storyline. And quite a good bit later on after first playing IV, I realized there were a whole bunch real fun and interesting side activities and features relating to crime on my second playthrpugh. IV on it's own is not a bad game at all, I think it's still very good, despite it's significant flaws that held it back from being such a great GTA title. With addition of EFLC, I actually think it's one of the best in my list now, definitely in my top 3 GTAs. I don't care about the extra price, EFLC was a very much welcome addition that made me like Iv more, I'm happy to pay extra. I still think that IV on it's own is a much better game than V, that has not changed one bit. 

It's a bit too late too mention that you won't hold your breath about EFLC making IV better, those games are kinda old now. I really don't see why it should take you so long to play EFLC and see if it changes your opinion of IV.

I will talk on whatever GTA forum I want to, if you keep talking that sh*t about telling me not appear in V forums, it will always fall on deaf ears. Why do you insist on telling complete strangers what to do, when you know they will never listen to you ? I'll gladly tell you again - I won't take your bullsh*t advice telling me not to be active in V forums until I begin to like V (if that ever happens). Once again, the answer isNO.

• strakan7 likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

I really don't see why it should take you so long to play EFLC and see if it changes your opinion of IV.

Well I already have Watch_Dogs and Arkham Asylum to get through... and that's, like, more games than I've ever been playing at any one time ever... I don't game much and usually only even bother with games deserving of legendary status :p

Also there's HDD space to worry about, especially with EFLC - and whether it's worth getting rid of one of the many Ass Creed games in order to play a game I've already played once and been less entertained by than the AC series. Also, the fact that IV already ran pretty poorly due to it's crappy optimisation when I played it the first time - might want to wait until I get more RAM or a bigger/faster HDD. All that alone is more than enough of an investment to put into a game that I've already been disappointed by - plus I don't like anything about TLaD so half of EFLC is already going to rub off badly on me... that leaves only TBoGT to impress me, which was actually the only part of EFLC I regret not having tried since it livened up an otherwise dull game and added features that I think should have been present the entire time.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

I really don't see why it should take you so long to play EFLC and see if it changes your opinion of IV.

Well I already have Watch_Dogs and Arkham Asylum to get through... and that's, like, more games than I've ever been playing at any one time ever... I don't game much and usually only even bother with games deserving of legendary status :p

Also there's HDD space to worry about, especially with EFLC - and whether it's worth getting rid of one of the many Ass Creed games in order to play a game I've already played once and been less entertained by than the AC series. Also, the fact that IV already ran pretty poorly due to it's crappy optimisation when I played it the first time - might want to wait until I get more RAM or a bigger/faster HDD. All that alone is more than enough of an investment to put into a game that I've already been disappointed by - plus I don't like anything about TLaD so half of EFLC is already going to rub off badly on me... that leaves only TBoGT to impress me, which was actually the only part of EFLC I regret not having tried since it livened up an otherwise dull game and added features that I think should have been present the entire time.

Well it's up to you. IV and EFLC is old now, the older it gets, the less some people may be inclined to bother with it, if they have not yet played it. That includes you of course. Either way, in my eyes, you've missed out. EFLC was brilliant stuff, it really did a lot to enhance the IV experience, both TLAD and TBOGT. 

All I know is that Rockstar better come up with serious addition/ improvements and a decent SP DLC to regain my interest in V. 

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

and ect. but perhaps most of these features were removed due to the story?

Then they should have written a story in which fun side missions would make sense.

Why write a story for a GTA game in which yoga and tennis make sense, but gang fights and drug dealing don't?????????

Obviously because yoga is more relevant to what Grand Theft Auto stands for :lol:

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:41 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 26 July 2014 - 08:41 PM.

and ect. but perhaps most of these features were removed due to the story?

Then they should have written a story in which fun side missions would make sense.

Why write a story for a GTA game in which yoga and tennis make sense, but gang fights and drug dealing don't?????????

Obviously because yoga is more relevant to what Grand Theft Auto stands for :lol:

Finally, someone who gets it!

Yoga should be in every GTA from now on. Best feature EVER.

• Deji and Blennerville like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Deji's posts may be well constructed but I'm not going to lie, they're full of rubbish.

• Zee, Official General and fac316 like this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

If they could just add Zumba in GTA6 then I would be happy for them to remove Planes and Choppers again.

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Stop talking out your a** people want more verity in their games something GTA V didn't live up to.02

Simple as that!
I prefer to deal with more possibilities and see more content from the improved technology that've the potential today. I do not belong to the casual crowd simply interested in stupid achievements or even replaying boring missions with same options to deal more than once in the name of variety.
Plenty of activities in GTA V have zero repeat value. ( note: repeat, not replay )
One you've completed S&F or RE, ITS DONE! Its going to be the same outcome, same spawn points, and just same everything.
Heck, even street races appear to me scripted at several points during the race, while I could play the GTA SA street races without getting the same feeling.
Casual gamers are literally ruining the single player experience. There is no thrill, the challenge, and the feeling of accomplishment after 100%. Heck, I can't even find any motivation to go for 100% with this game, as if Rockstar forcing me to stick with ONLINE.
But, I'm typically a single player gamer when it comes to GTA. I don't play GTA once, beat it and move on. I loved a lot of the optional stuff and side content every GTA managed to offer to keep coming back.
In GTA V when its done, its OVER!! That doesn't make it a GTA game considering how the prev. games content has been structured for a significantly lengthy gameplay. May be they'd further the life of the single player with the DLC, but the question remains how much would be new and different?

I don't need few extra R&E or S&F's rather something that makes the most of the massive map and vast possibilities to freely enjoy everything I could on each new progression from the start to the 100%. I don't want to subscribe GTA:O bullsh*t, just like a lot of casual players out there. The lack of the presence of variety in this game, in respect to the hype and ambitious talks that inspired me to buy this game just seemed too much like telling the hardcore players to suck the fun out of this casual piece of sh*t; nobody cares about hardcore single players anymore.

Yes. I completely agree. Even the stories in the past games had little details that added to replay value. GTA V's story didn't even try to respect its audience.

And I really dislike what they've done to friend activity convos.

• Official General and Immigration like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

^^^ Hang on a second, are you saying that there was nothing in V's story to add replay value?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Deji's posts may be well constructed but I'm not going to lie, they're full of rubbish.

Yet you are incapable of putting up a valid argument against them. Hmm...

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Stop talking out your a** people want more verity in their games something GTA V didn't live up to.02

Simple as that!
I prefer to deal with more possibilities and see more content from the improved technology that've the potential today. I do not belong to the casual crowd simply interested in stupid achievements or even replaying boring missions with same options to deal more than once in the name of variety.
Plenty of activities in GTA V have zero repeat value. ( note: repeat, not replay )
One you've completed S&F or RE, ITS DONE! Its going to be the same outcome, same spawn points, and just same everything.
Heck, even street races appear to me scripted at several points during the race, while I could play the GTA SA street races without getting the same feeling.
Casual gamers are literally ruining the single player experience. There is no thrill, the challenge, and the feeling of accomplishment after 100%. Heck, I can't even find any motivation to go for 100% with this game, as if Rockstar forcing me to stick with ONLINE.
But, I'm typically a single player gamer when it comes to GTA. I don't play GTA once, beat it and move on. I loved a lot of the optional stuff and side content every GTA managed to offer to keep coming back.
In GTA V when its done, its OVER!! That doesn't make it a GTA game considering how the prev. games content has been structured for a significantly lengthy gameplay. May be they'd further the life of the single player with the DLC, but the question remains how much would be new and different?

I don't need few extra R&E or S&F's rather something that makes the most of the massive map and vast possibilities to freely enjoy everything I could on each new progression from the start to the 100%. I don't want to subscribe GTA:O bullsh*t, just like a lot of casual players out there. The lack of the presence of variety in this game, in respect to the hype and ambitious talks that inspired me to buy this game just seemed too much like telling the hardcore players to suck the fun out of this casual piece of sh*t; nobody cares about hardcore single players anymore.

Yes. I completely agree. Even the stories in the past games had little details that added to replay value. GTA V's story didn't even try to respect its audience.

And I really dislike what they've done to friend activity convos.

what do you mean by that? the friend activites were just fine or am I missing something

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

It all comes down to expectations, with GTA IV they had the excuse of it being a new GTA on new consoles at the time, so they couldn't finish some things, yet the groundwork WAS there which the DLC expanded upon. Going from San Andreas to TBOGT is five years. Going from GTA IV to GTAV was also five years, yet it has less content and some VERY puzzling choices by Rockstar North in a lot of areas. To me, V feels like it didn't know what it fully wanted to do, which could be akin to the amount if rewrites and changes the game faced in the five years, aka, the over produced theory.

If we look at the radio alone, that should be enough to see we've never had so many stations change genre, style, format, etc over the course of production. That's just the music, originally they had three composers on board to give each character a unique score from loading screens, pause, action moments, etc, yet that was ditched early on in favour for the score we have now, which again has leftover from the previous composers (pause menu music by Ian Hicks), this kind of thing just feels sloppy for Rockstar, that's just two areas where they appear confused in during production, so who knows how much of that confusion, blind pushing and constant changes and rewrites affected other areas of the game.

The game feels jumbled and the DLC is going to have A LOT to clear up, which we're even doubting as Take-Two have said TLAD, TBOGT and Undead Nightmare sold badly, so Rockstar want to focus on smaller DLC instead, which is all we've had since.
  • Zee, Official General, Finite and 2 others like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Yet you are incapable of putting up a valid argument against them. Hmm...

Why bother, you'll just hit me up with another 10 paragraph load of anti-opinion rubbish.

• Zee, Official General, kingcs and 1 other like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

Why bother, you'll just hit me up with another 10 paragraph load of anti-opinion rubbish.

The answer to "why bother" is to actually have an adult discussion. But yeah, I can tell how that might be a difficulty for one such as yourself.

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

Oi, whats the point of starting a thread here only to have people flaming each other until a mod closes it. If this continues to be the case can someone direct me to a different GTA site?

• Zee likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

The answer to "why bother" is to actually have an adult discussion. But yeah, I can tell how that might be a difficulty for one such as myself.

I fixed that for you.

• thekillerdonuts likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

Enough is enough.
  • thekillerdonuts and ~Tiger~ like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users