Photo

The Removed Features.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic
Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

To prove that the only thing confirmed for the SP DLC that was announced back in December 7 months ago is the Assassinations and Flight School missions.

From April - http://www.rockstarg...-Spring-Updates

And later this year, look for even more additions to both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, including more holiday-themed updates, some very exciting Story Mode DLC and much more.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:04 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 25 July 2014 - 04:12 AM.

There is a difference to features that were removed and features that were NEVER THERE.

3gHuzWH.png

I'd beg to differ

Are those actual blips for GTA V? Dang.

I wish I hadn't seen that. So much potential. Imagine; drugs, pimping, holdups, gyms!

Some of these are up to interpretation, like the CBS "sky-eye" logo that makes it seem like a news report, but there's no denying how much potential there is for future installments if Rockstar adds all of this to a GTA one day.

Hmm, this is the first speck of hype I'm feeling for GTA VI. Or a DLC. Looking through this is crazy! I never really imagined stuff like basketball or burglaries and stuff, but a drug dealing minigame would have been awesome.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:11 AM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 25 July 2014 - 04:11 AM.

I still have some hope some we will see new things in the next gen versions. 

• Luddite likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:14 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 25 July 2014 - 04:15 AM.

I still have some hope some we will see new things in the next gen versions. 

I doubt it, unless it comes out for last gen first and is then part of the base game for the current gen release. My hope is that all this will eventually come in the form of a DLC. I'll have no problem paying for it since the exclusion of side missions like these is part of the reason why I've been disappointed in GTA V.

• bish0p2004 likes this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

Im still waiting for the inevitable announcement that the next gen versions will have the story DLC packaged in with it.

• Luddite likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

"This was removed because?" ... because what?
There is no reason to exclude anything ( except the obvious factors related to development specifically ) whatsoever even for the sake of the story, plot or any other related changes.
Is it so hard to grasp the concept of GTA?
Since when features started to be planned according to what fits the story?
To me, In GTA, story gives a good meaning to enjoy the open world sandbox for either good missions or objectives by giving much more life to the world with interesting characters and all the related fun.
That's it!!

Its ridiculous to even find excuses to not include something, be it features or content, in a game called GTA.
Did you ever stop to think that how many people actually play GTA... JUST for story?

For me, its about spending hours with plenty of content and heaps of fun the GTA world allows me to freely enjoy regardless the story.

Story my ass, I cannot do without an absolutely great gameplay, as seen in every prev. title except GTA V
  • Luddite and RominOctane like this

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Im still waiting for the inevitable announcement that the next gen versions will have the story DLC packaged in with it.

I'd give a 95% chance that will never happen. Rockstar is too cheap. Unless they finally step up and offer it in the NG versions to make everybody rebuy the damn game to get over 50 trillion dollars profit
  • DaRkL3AD3R likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Summertime is the best time

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

Rockstar is too cheap. 

Lol, they just spent $250 million on a game.

That doesn't exactly scream "Cheapskates!" to me...

• lazloisdavrock likes this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

I'm pretty sure if NG gets these features, we'll recieve them as well

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

There is a difference to features that were removed and features that were NEVER THERE.

This. 

I've said this so many times I think I may as well get it tattooed on my cock. 

Some of these features WERE NEVER ADDED. It's not that they were taken out, they just weren't put it,  because they weren't relevant, appropriate, or worth adding in. 

So many of the SA features that people want restored were half-arsed at best, so why add them in?

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

This. 

Some of these features WERE NEVER ADDED. It's not that they were taken out, they just weren't put it,  because they weren't relevant, appropriate, or worth adding in. 

So many of the SA features that people want restored were half-arsed at best, so why add them in?

I agree. If people want to use these features, They should go play the games they are in. GTA V isn't San Andreas, It never was. People just cant accept that GTA V is supposed to be different. If every GTA had everything that SA had, I would have stopped playing them a long time ago.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

DrewFly123
  • DrewFly123

Rampant Glitcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

I honestly could see all 3 story mode characters moving dope and pimping out prostitutes. I wish that they'd have tied in more street/hood missions for Franklin, Possibly made him a member of that Grove Street Gang with Lamar, which would also tie in all those awesome features R* decided to remove to at least work with franklin. Why did R* choose to not focus the game around gangs? It takes place in a politically incorrect spinoff of Los Angeles and gangs added a slight bit of enjoyment to me in older grand theft autos, even if I could only shoot them as I cruised past them.. GTA V had such a huge potential, Hopefully theyll take up that potential for the future release of GTA V for next gen consoles.
  • robban likes this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:10 PM Edited by Acetaminophen, 25 July 2014 - 05:08 PM.

This. 

I agree. If people want to use these features, They should go play the games they are in. GTA V isn't San Andreas, It never was. People just cant accept that GTA V is supposed to be different. If every GTA had everything that SA had, I would have stopped playing them a long time ago.

Thats a very stupid way of thinking about it. You are right that GTA V isnt San Andreas, But that doesn't mean they shouldn't include features from their past games that people like. So you are saying if GTA V had all the features from past games you wouldn't play it? Why? Because you want something new like?? Tennis,yoga and hunting (which was in RDR)? because thats almost literally the only new extra activities that weren't in past games. Stop talking out your a** people want more verity in their games something GTA V didn't live up to. 

• Zee, PulpFiction, kingcs and 1 other like this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

I think the entire game would have worked better if Franklin was living in the hood for more than 1/5 of the game. He became irrelevant after moving to Vinewood Hills, so if they had expanded the gang aspect of the game his storyline would have been better. To people who "don't want another CJ", well, he wouldn't have to be. There are lots of gangs in modern day LA, and their prevalence is still in the game. Why not make Franklin a full-on member of the CGF?

In The Long Stretch, Frank mentions creating a set called Forum Drive Gangsters with Lamar, but what becomes of that? Absolutely nothing. 

All I'm saying is that Franklin's "gangsta" part of the story could have lasted longer and it would have benefited as a whole, and it would have been a reason to add better side-missions.

• kingcs, fac316 and robban like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

I think the entire game would have worked better if Franklin was living in the hood for more than 1/5 of the game. He became irrelevant after moving to Vinewood Hills, so if they had expanded the gang aspect of the game his storyline would have been better. To people who "don't want another CJ", well, he wouldn't have to be. There are lots of gangs in modern day LA, and their prevalence is still in the game. Why not make Franklin a full-on member of the CGF?

In The Long Stretch, Frank mentions creating a set called Forum Drive Gangsters with Lamar, but what becomes of that? Absolutely nothing. 

All I'm saying is that Franklin's "gangsta" part of the story could have lasted longer and it would have benefited as a whole, and it would have been a reason to add better side-missions.

The trillionth missed opurtunity in this game, I agree that as an open world game its among the best. But with the serious lack of crime-related things to do this is one of the worst gta's in terms of crime. I feel R* dropped the ball big time w/ F, the traditional GTA protag by just saying heres a mansion, now iron clothes. I hope the DLC delivers but it wouldn't suprise me if all it really is is just the flight school/assianation missions.

• robban likes this

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:01 PM Edited by Bi0ha2ard_q8, 25 July 2014 - 07:06 PM.

Tommy Vercetti runs Vice City..

..He also delivers pizza. What's your point?

The pizza delivery job was available at the beginning of the game, at the start of his career. 

Running Vice city was at the end, his peak. It made sense.

The purpose of creating the Forum Drive Gangsters was to escape the petty life of gangbanging. Franklin alludes to that a couple of times; I think at the start of the bike repo mission.Franklin who spent ten years as a hood was sick of the lifestyle. Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of his past in a DLC, a time when gangland violence was high.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

To prove that the only thing confirmed for the SP DLC that was announced back in December 7 months ago is the Assassinations and Flight School missions.

From April - http://www.rockstarg...-Spring-Updates

And later this year, look for even more additions to both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, including more holiday-themed updates, some very exciting Story Mode DLC and much more.

What was the point of this?

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:22 PM Edited by RominOctane, 25 July 2014 - 09:23 PM.

"This was removed because?" ... because what?
There is no reason to exclude anything ( except the obvious factors related to development specifically ) whatsoever even for the sake of the story, plot or any other related changes.
Is it so hard to grasp the concept of GTA?
Since when features started to be planned according to what fits the story?
To me, In GTA, story gives a good meaning to enjoy the open world sandbox for either good missions or objectives by giving much more life to the world with interesting characters and all the related fun.
That's it!!
Its ridiculous to even find excuses to not include something, be it features or content, in a game called GTA.
Did you ever stop to think that how many people actually play GTA... JUST for story?
For me, its about spending hours with plenty of content and heaps of fun the GTA world allows me to freely enjoy regardless the story.
Story my ass, I cannot do without an absolutely great gameplay, as seen in every prev. title except GTA V

This right here. Wtf is up with this "it doesn't fit the character bullsh*t. One person can't decide for everyone what fits a character or not. I didn't think dating dating fit nikos character but it was in the game for people who would find fun in it, and no one complained. No gta game since SA has been packed to the brim with content to let players decide which they find fun or not fun. V is a miserable failure in that department. Filled with more sports than actual criminal activity. If R* continues this crap the next game will be called Grand Olympics Auto and we won't be able to steal cars off the streets.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

Wtf is up with this "it doesn't fit the character bullsh*t?"

Idiots, that's what's up. Idiots are coming up with some of the most pathetic justifications to defend their precious game. Don't even the people who say that seriously.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Idiots, that's what's up. Idiots are coming up with some of the most pathetic justifications to defend their precious game. Don't even the people who say that seriously.

R* did the same thing with GTA IV, except with the map. Remember the reason they had for no planes?

Why is it so unreasonable to think that would happen again, except with the characters instead of the map? Especially when it makes sense.
  • Sting4S likes this

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Defending the game? How does my post at all defend the game? I was just stating why I think those features got removed, but I guess having your own ideas gets you flagged as an "idiot" around here.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

Did anyone ever stop to think that...

Drug dealing was removed because trevor didn't produce any product during the campaign, and micheal and franklin aren't dealers.

That Pimping was removed because it would make no sense for any of the three to be a pimp.

That Gang wars was removed because gangs served very little purpose in the story and were all small gangs.

and ect. but perhaps most of these features were removed due to the story?

* Trevor does not traffic or sell drugs in Los Santos, and he certainly does not grow and produce drugs himself. Furthermore, Trevor has no monoply over the drug trade in the region. Franklin is gang member and he has a long history of selling drugs. 

* Why would it not make sense for any of them to be pimps ? Not too fussed about pimping, but Hollywood is known for it's big red light districts. They could always have had missions connecting them to pimping, like providing security for whores, whatever. 

* Erm, no. Gangs were definitely implied to be a significant part of the story on Franklin's part, and this is evident via trailers. Gangs could have served a million and one purposes to the game if Rockstar had decided to make it so. And the gangs were not small either.

• kingcs and robban like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:11 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 26 July 2014 - 12:12 AM.

Drug dealing was removed because trevor didn't produce any product during the campaign, and micheal and franklin aren't dealers.

That Pimping was removed because it would make no sense for any of the three to be a pimp.

That Gang wars was removed because gangs served very little purpose in the story and were all small gangs.

* Trevor does not traffic or sell drugs in Los Santos, and he certainly does not grow and produce drugs himself. Furthermore, Trevor has no monoply over the drug trade in the region. Franklin is gang member and he has a long history of selling drugs. 

Trevor sold and manufactured Meth out of his little gas station place there.

Also, where did you hear Franklin had a long history of selling drugs? I don't remember that being said at all.

* Why would it not make sense for any of them to be pimps ? Not too fussed about pimping, but Hollywood is known for it's big red light districts. They could always have had missions connecting them to pimping, like providing security for whores, whatever. 

Michael: Family man. Trying to patch things up with his wife. Do you really think he'd do pimping?

Franklin: More likely to do it than Michael, but knowing he wants to get away from the lowly wages of the gangs, do you really see him doing pimping?

Trevor: I can absolutely see Trevor doing it, and that's probably who the activity was for lol.

* Erm, no. Gangs were definitely implied to be a significant part of the story on Franklin's part, and this is evident via trailers. Gangs could have served a million and one purposes to the game if Rockstar had decided to make it so. And the gangs were not small either.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Trevor sold and manufactured Meth out of his little gas station place there.

Also, where did you hear Franklin had a long history of selling drugs? I don't remember that being said at all.

Michael: Family man. Trying to patch things up with his wife. Do you really think he'd do pimping?

Franklin: More likely to do it than Michael, but knowing he wants to get away from the lowly wages of the gangs, do you really see him doing pimping?

Trevor: I can absolutely see Trevor doing it, and that's probably who the activity was for lol.

I read GTA V wikia, it talks about Franklin's criminal history, and says how he sold drugs. 

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

*Wasn't the main part of Franklin's story about him trying to get out of that life?

*But they didn't have any connections, although a slight change in story could've fixed that.

*Actually they are somewhat forgotten mid way into Franklin's story, and the gangs aren't so big considering the area they control

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

Just read the wiki. Yep. Pretty interesting.

My only question would be how they get this backstory. It must be explained somewhere in the game.

• Official General likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

Pimping and drug dealing don't fit Trevor? For somebody who owns a meth lab and can buy a brothel in Paleto Bay I really can't say you're thinking right.

With the blips that Wildbrick posted though one has stuck out to me, the "Financier Strand" one. I've seen nobody post about anything about removed missions involving a financier (e.g. leftover mission scripts, file names, etc like the Sharmoota job), yet I can't for the life of me figure out what the f*ck it is in the final game.

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Pimping and drug dealing don't fit Trevor? For somebody who owns a meth lab and can buy a brothel in Paleto Bay I really can't say you're thinking right.

With the blips that Wildbrick posted though one has stuck out to me, the "Financier Strand" one. I've seen nobody post about anything about removed missions involving a financier (e.g. leftover mission scripts, file names, etc like the Sharmoota job), yet I can't for the life of me figure out what the f*ck it is in the final game.

I never said drug dealing doesn't fit with trevor, I just said he wasn't producing any product during the campaign.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by Official General, 26 July 2014 - 01:12 AM.

Just read the wiki. Yep. Pretty interesting.

My only question would be how they get this backstory. It must be explained somewhere in the game.

Yep, he certainly has a history of drug-dealing, hence why I always clamored for some kind of drug-activity related to gang stuff in this game through Franklin. That's why I feel Franklin was greatly wasted in V, none of this was touched upon. Franklin just got with Michael and Trevor, did did heists with them, got his cut and lived nicely in a mansion up in the hills - boom, just like that. All of a sudden he don't wanna know anyone from the hood no more or to go back there - he's happy ironing his clothes, on his laptop, doing some gardening, walking his dog, or just generally puttering around in his nice luxury pad. I'm like where was his detailed route to prosperity ? Where was the hard grafting in the streets, putting in work, slangin', sluggin' and shootin' his way to the top, trying to get money and up his criminal game ? 

Well anyway, Franklin being a gang member automatically qualifies him to be into selling drugs - selling drugs is and has always the main income earner of modern black street gangs in major U.S. cities. You should almost automatically expect a black gang member to make the bulk of his illegal earnings from the drug trade.

@ RenThePyro

*Wasn't the main part of Franklin's story about him trying to get out of that life?

* Not really no. Franklin did not want to get away from the gang life, he just wanted to engage in criminal acts that would fulfill his ambitions of making seriously big money. The gang life was not doing that for him, so he wanted to do other stuff, and that was heists with Michael and Trevor. He still continued to be a gang member though, nothing changed there. 

*But they didn't have any connections, although a slight change in story could've fixed that

* Like I said, pimping is not really a big deal to me. But it just would have been nice to have a variety of crime related side missions in addition gang wars and other stuff. 

*Actually they are somewhat forgotten mid way into Franklin's story, and the gangs aren't so big considering the area they control

* That's just my point, Rockstar messed this part all up. They just suddenly omitted gang's significance in the story halfway through the game, which was bullsh*t considering Franklin's side of the story was implied to include a lot of gang and hood action. The gang turfs were big enough, although there clearly should have been more. 

Dark Bordeus
  • Dark Bordeus

The sun shines on me, for the first time in years...I am happy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

Were mini-banks originally planned to be robbale? Of course, not a full out hiest. But like robbing the 24/7 or gas station. Stuff like that.

I found this bank. It has an interor. It's small though.

0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users