• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic
chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

These features were cut because Rockstar wanted to milk more money out of its fanbase and re-add them via the SP DLC for a price.

That's just my educated guess anyways, I mean if YOU ran Rockstar and did everything you could do to make a dollar, I'd bet you do the same thing.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

That Gang wars was removed because gangs served very little purpose in the story and were all small gangs.

IRL, the LA gangs are some of the biggest and most violent in the world. And they only don't play a large part in GTA V because Franklin is getting out of that life. However, they should still have gang wars like they did in TLAD.

Not even.  The biggest and most violent gangs in the world don't even come from USA. (Read: MS-13)

Read; Pegleg Morgan.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:03 AM

The blips are just leftover content and scraps from GTA IV and EFLC. The stuff that is not actually in those games and were scrapped, were probably horribly executed/just ideas that never came to fruition. Doesn't mean it was stuff they fully fleshed out like Golf and then decided to just say nah we won't include these.

I doubt they are scarps for GTA 4. I'm pretty positive they were just scraped early in GTA V's development. 

They don't start from scratch. The earliest builds of GTAV were probably just GTAIV with a new map.

• DaRkL3AD3R and Kampret like this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:06 AM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 25 July 2014 - 01:07 AM.

House heist with a horse picture?

edit: and a fence to sell stolen goods.   awesome

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

House heist with a horse picture?

edit: and a fence to sell stolen goods.   awesome

- That heist was dropped from the game

- The fence probably became the "Sell" option at LSC in Online.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

reminds me of all that Horse audio that was found in the DLC files.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Decadence and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

The blips are just leftover content and scraps from GTA IV and EFLC. The stuff that is not actually in those games and were scrapped, were probably horribly executed/just ideas that never came to fruition. Doesn't mean it was stuff they fully fleshed out like Golf and then decided to just say nah we won't include these.

I doubt they are scarps for GTA 4. I'm pretty positive they were just scraped early in GTA V's development. 

They don't start from scratch. The earliest builds of GTAV were probably just GTAIV with a new map.

yes? and that has nothing to do with what I said. 

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

That Gang wars was removed because gangs served very little purpose in the story and were all small gangs.

IRL, the LA gangs are some of the biggest and most violent in the world. And they only don't play a large part in GTA V because Franklin is getting out of that life. However, they should still have gang wars like they did in TLAD.

Not even.  The biggest and most violent gangs in the world don't even come from USA. (Read: MS-13) 

actually MS-13 was started literally in LA by a bunch of Salvis to protect themselves from mexicans... They are as american as apple pie

• ddyoung and Acetaminophen like this

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by Jack0711, 25 July 2014 - 01:25 AM.

If anyone is interested about the Drug Dealing icons:

OnSsC34.png - Cocaine
b8yOB93.png - Heroin
D53e4os.png - Weed
tqzTR0m.png - Meth

(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse01.gfx)
(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse02.gfx)
(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse03.gfx)
(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse04.gfx)
(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/mp_icons.gfx)

Meth? You mean I could have been the Heisenberg of Los Santos?

Yoga anyone? :sui:
  • xerodas, Darth Krizz and Sergiu like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

Seeing all of those radar icons is extremely depressing because they include things I would have expected to see in a GTA game as opposed to yoga or tennis.
  • SaintJimmy, Luddite, PhilosophicalZebra and 3 others like this

Rodger Cheeto
  • Rodger Cheeto

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by ANAL_PLUNDERING, 25 July 2014 - 01:40 AM.

Uhh, guys? There's already an alive thread about this sort of thing here: http://gtaforums.com...ta-v-beta-hunt/

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

These features were cut because Rockstar wanted to milk more money out of its fanbase and re-add them via the SP DLC for a price.

That's just my educated guess anyways, I mean if YOU ran Rockstar and did everything you could do to make a dollar, I'd bet you do the same thing.

Seeing as how they've released nothing but free DLC, along with the fact that there's no hint of SP or substantial Online DLC anywhere, I'm gonna go ahead and say "no", that's not true.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

Im still wondering why no one has tried adding in the cut features to GTA IV?

Taco truck in Bohan, Anyone?

Drug Dealing in Dukes?

Robbing MOB stash houses for drugs and selling them to Spanish Lords?

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

Seeing as how they've released nothing but free DLC, along with the fact that there's no hint of SP or substantial Online DLC anywhere, I'm gonna go ahead and say "no", that's not true.

R* already said they were working on a big SP DLC. 

• fac316 and ViceCityStalker like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

I'm fairly confident that all they've confirmed was assassination missions, via an ancient Newswire posting.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 25 July 2014 - 02:16 AM.

They release this free DLC just so people will keep playing the game, you really think people want to stick with the PS3/360 when the PS4/XBONE is out? Everyone wants to move to the new hardware, and until V is released on the PS4/XBONE/PC, they'll do anything they can to keep people on the PS3/360 versions.

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

See this is good, everyone is voicing their opinion without starting a flame war... why can't all threads be like this. 

• fac316 and ViceCityStalker like this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by Acetaminophen, 25 July 2014 - 02:41 AM.

I'm fairly confident that all they've confirmed was assassination missions, via an ancient Newswire posting.

"For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas"

• lazloisdavrock likes this

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

Pimping and Drug Dealing were most likely removed because of controversy it could create.

Then why the f*ck wasn't this removed?

ByTheBook-Mission-GTAV.png

Also, did you seriously just forget that this is Grand Theft Auto V? A game that lets you gun down dozens of innocent civilians and animals, murder Police and Military personal in cold blood, steal millions of dollars from banks and people alike. Isn't all this sh*t much more f*cking likely to stir up controversy than those two?

• Acetaminophen and Wylight like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:11 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 25 July 2014 - 03:13 AM.

@Acetaminophen

Oh right, I forgot about that. Seems R* have as well.
  • Acetaminophen likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:13 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 25 July 2014 - 03:40 AM.

Including drug dealing in V would create a lot of controversy, and that could lead it to getting banned in some countries. (I'm looking at you Australia)

I suppose they didn't want to take a risk after the hot coffee scandal.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

"For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas"

And stay tuned for details about our upcoming Business Update Event Weekend as well as more info to be revealed on future updates including Online Heists, the Capture Creator update, new Assassination and Flight School missions for Story Mode and much more...

Source: http://www.rockstarg...xt-Week-Tuesday

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

And stay tuned for details about our upcoming Business Update Event Weekend as well as more info to be revealed on future updates including Online Heists, the Capture Creator update, new Assassination and Flight School missions for Story Mode and much more...

Source: http://www.rockstarg...xt-Week-Tuesday

whats this for? 

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

To prove that the only thing confirmed for the SP DLC that was announced back in December 7 months ago is the Assassinations and Flight School missions.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:34 AM

(I'm looking at you Austraia)

You weren't far off. :p

Anyway yes I agree drug dealing would be controversial and Australia would most likely ban it despite the R18+ rating.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and Vercetti42 like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Who wants gang wars when we have yoga?

• MiamiViceCity, ViceCityStalker, Blennerville and 1 other like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

Who wants gang wars when we have yoga?

Did somebody say Yoga?
  • MiamiViceCity, ViceCityStalker and Blennerville like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

(I'm looking at you Austraia)

You weren't far off. :p

Anyway yes I agree drug dealing would be controversial and Australia would most likely ban it despite the R18+ rating.

Was Chinatown Wars banned in Australia? The drug-dealing was a pretty big aspect of that game.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

No. Probably because it was more of in a "top-down" view and not in 3rd person. GTA 1 and 2 have a T rating whilst GTA 3 has a M rating because GTA 1 and 2 were top-down GTA's.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

CTW was fairly cartoonish though. In a more realistic looking, believable GTA such as GTA IV or GTA V I don't think it would sit too well. GTA V was rated R18+ due to "drug use". It probably would've just been rated MA15+ if it wasn't for that. In depth drug dealing would really push it to the limit of being banned IMO. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users