144 replies to this topic
RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

Did anyone ever stop to think that...

Drug dealing was removed because trevor didn't produce any product during the campaign, and micheal and franklin aren't dealers.

That Pimping was removed because it would make no sense for any of the three to be a pimp.

That Gang wars was removed because gangs served very little purpose in the story and were all small gangs.

and ect. but perhaps most of these features were removed due to the story?

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

POPULAR

Tommy Vercetti runs Vice City..

..He also delivers pizza. What's your point?

• Fuzzknuckles, GutterMouthPWG, *MURDOC* and 57 others like this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

if that is the case then I feel personally that its laziness, if things were removed because they wouldnt fit in, i would rather they forced them to fit in than to take something away that would offer more gameplay and replay value.

• B Dawg and robban like this

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

There is a difference to features that were removed and features that were NEVER THERE.

• *MURDOC*, theGTAking101, ten-a-penny and 5 others like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 24 July 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Pimping and Drug Dealing were most likely removed because of controversy it could create.

Gang Wars? Well, I'm not sure if they ever were planned to be in V (gotta check again), but you still have SA, TLAD and Rampages.

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

There is a difference to features that were removed and features that were NEVER THERE.

3gHuzWH.png

I'd beg to differ

• Miamivicecity, Official General, Verdant and 7 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

I was very young, and very angry. Maybe that is no excuse...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

3gHuzWH.png

I'd beg to differ

Are those actual blips for GTA V? Dang.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

3gHuzWH.png

I'd beg to differ

Are those actual blips for GTA V? Dang.

part1.rpf/xbox360b.rpf/textures/blips.xtd

They're blips for V but in GTA IV style meaning that these features were cut quite early in development (Comedy club and Online drug blips made it up to the new GTA V style of blips though)

• Tony., Drunken Cowboy, dreadluxx and 3 others like this

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

I myself believe that a lot of things were removed or not added was because of space needed. The next gen version in my opinion is going to include a lot more because they have more to work with. Like I said in the past, GTA 5 is a beautiful game but at times it seemed empty.

Wavesittich
  • Wavesittich

#yeshomo

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Interesting. Is there more about these textures?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by TheDeaconBosco, 24 July 2014 - 07:07 PM.

You're right, Michael, Franklin and Trevor aren't the type of people to deal drugs, Pimp whores, fight in gang wars... They're more into hunting, car towing, Sky diving and Triathlons, am I right.

And who cares if a side mission doesn't fit in the main story, turn into a side mission then, you know like Dom and Cletus's S&F missions.

• FATMANYOU2, ten-a-penny, robban and 1 other like this

robban
  • robban

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, it might be the case.

Let's hope that it doesn't clash with GTAO. That they still are able to add features to online even though they won't appear in story mode, but maybe not since online takes places before story mode:S

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Trevor is all of the place. Hates Los Santos, loves Blaine County, but doesn't spend any time in Blaine County after B or C. None at all.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Then they should have written a story in which fun side missions would make sense.

Why write a story for a GTA game in which yoga and tennis make sense, but gang fights and drug dealing don't?????????

• GutterMouthPWG, B Dawg, FATMANYOU2 and 7 others like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

R* has been doing this since at least GTA IV. Remember the reason for no planes?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Interesting. Is there more about these textures?

All old blips:

Spoiler

The last few (these invisible ones) are weapon blips reused from IV multiplayer.

• The7thOne likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by Sting4S, 24 July 2014 - 08:03 PM.

Why make another topic like this when the other one was locked? It's just going to turn into another flame war.

But I'll contribute. What bugs me about Rockstar is how they refuse to make some cool features like purchasable safehouses and other stuff return and then it irritates me even more to see the cut content. I don't just feel this way with V. I feel the same with IV but the reason I like IV more as a game is a different story.

• Miamivicecity, Wylight, Militia and 2 others like this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 24 July 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Did anyone ever stop to think that...

Drug dealing was removed because trevor didn't produce any product during the campaign, and micheal and franklin aren't dealers.

That Pimping was removed because it would make no sense for any of the three to be a pimp.

That Gang wars was removed because gangs served very little purpose in the story and were all small gangs.

Surely you realize, deep inside, that no one cares if it fits or not as long as it's fun? It's a videogame. Yoga fits in the story and realism: is it any fun? Is that what players wanted?

Rockstar was ignorant - plain and simple - to remove certain features. It took a lot from the game. Vigilante, anyone? No one is asking for Saints Row-like levels of stupidity, but no one wants a poor excuse of a GTA either.

• FATMANYOU2, xerodas, Sting4S and 5 others like this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by Acetaminophen, 24 July 2014 - 08:25 PM.

If anyone thinks Mike is above pimping/running drugs maybe you should rewatch the intro scene after the prolog.

here it is.  

• theNGclan and Luddite like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

The blips are just leftover content and scraps from GTA IV and EFLC. The stuff that is not actually in those games and were scrapped, were probably horribly executed/just ideas that never came to fruition. Doesn't mean it was stuff they fully fleshed out like Golf and then decided to just say nah we won't include these.

• fac316, ten-a-penny and ViceCityStalker like this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

The blips are just leftover content and scraps from GTA IV and EFLC. The stuff that is not actually in those games and were scrapped, were probably horribly executed/just ideas that never came to fruition. Doesn't mean it was stuff they fully fleshed out like Golf and then decided to just say nah we won't include these.

I doubt they are scarps for GTA 4. I'm pretty positive they were just scraped early in GTA V's development. 

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Raging in the plague age

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

@WildBrick142, I have a feeling the "radar_nice_house_heist" was for a heist on Madrazo's house from Caida Libre.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 24 July 2014 - 08:37 PM.

If anyone is interested about the Drug Dealing icons:

OnSsC34.png - Cocaine

b8yOB93.png - Heroin

D53e4os.png - Weed

tqzTR0m.png - Meth

(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse01.gfx)

(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse02.gfx)

(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse03.gfx)

(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/hud_drugs_purse04.gfx)

(part2.rpf/xbox360a.rpf/data/cdimages/scaleform_generic.rpf/mp_icons.gfx)

• PhilosophicalZebra, robban and ViceCityStalker like this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

IRL, the LA gangs are some of the biggest and most violent in the world. And they only don't play a large part in GTA V because Franklin is getting out of that life. However, they should still have gang wars like they did in TLAD.

• FATMANYOU2, fac316 and robban like this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Whilst I have an understanding of the game development cycle, I don't work in the games industry so I don't know all the ins and outs but I do work in TV/film so the way I understand it is the Beta stage is like post production; things get tweaked and edited and some things are left on the cutting room floor. Features will get removed for any number of reasons, it could be poorly implemented or the game director just simply doesn't want it in the game, they might feel they don't match the theme or tone of the game (you may disagree, but that's neither here nor there) or even because of budget or time constraints.

Both of North's last gen games suffered massive delays so maybe R.A.G.E just didn't work that great with last gen and adding these features were simply just pushing the game engine too far? Who knows besides them, really?

I find it pointless getting worked up over cut features, it'd be like getting angry that scenes get cut from the movie before it makes it to the big screen.
  • Deji and ViceCityStalker like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

it'd be like getting angry that scenes get cut from the movie before it makes it to the big screen.

What the fu- no, it's not like that!

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

IRL, the LA gangs are some of the biggest and most violent in the world. And they only don't play a large part in GTA V because Franklin is getting out of that life. However, they should still have gang wars like they did in TLAD.

Gang culture is huge in LA, but in LS the ghetto is so tiny i can understand why they left it out.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

The story should service for gameplay, not the other way around.
  • ddyoung, fac316, ten-a-penny and 5 others like this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

it'd be like getting angry that scenes get cut from the movie before it makes it to the big screen.

What the fu- no, it's not like that!

Thanks for the well thought out counter argument... Care to elaborate?

All I see it as; Rockstar planned more content, for whatever reason, it doesn't make the final product. Upon finding this out, you get pissy.

But It's no different to any other creative industry creating a product, whether it's games, movies, tv shows, books or music, they all initially plan and create more content than what makes the final product, yet you don't get all pissy over it. So why would it be any different for a game?

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

Not even.  The biggest and most violent gangs in the world don't even come from USA. (Read: MS-13) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users