Photo

it's time to get away

9 replies to this topic
OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

what do i have to do for martin to send me this mission?

I've requested job after job but he sends me invites to missions i've already done and i know the mission takes place on a farm in paleto bay and i've been out there and still no invite for time to get away, i really wanna play this missions, what else should i do?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 24 July 2014 - 04:10 PM.

keep deleting your mission list and wait till he sends you a message with a new job.

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Usually calling a contact gives you a mission you already completed. The ones they send you randomly can be either completed or not completed, but there's no sure fire way to get the mission you want. If you have any friends that have done it, ask them to host it. Otherwise wait for it to come randomly. A while back I noticed that the jobs Martin sends me randomly were usually jobs I haven't done yet. When I called I kept getting same old ones.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Hang on, is it just me/my rank, but can't you pause the game, go into the menu and host any mission/race anytime you like? (can't remember exact menu path)

I never call contacts for missions, too random.  I've played most of them and have my favourites - also hosting some missions guarantees you get joined by random players when you need them.

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Hang on, is it just me/my rank, but can't you pause the game, go into the menu and host any mission/race anytime you like? (can't remember exact menu path)

I never call contacts for missions, too random.  I've played most of them and have my favourites - also hosting some missions guarantees you get joined by random players when you need them.

If you haven't done a contact mission before, it doesn't show up in your missions list in the pause menu
  • BatFerYou and Heists like this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Ah ok. Sorry.

• rickreim likes this

Bacon IceCream2
  • Bacon IceCream2

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

Its time to sit and relax in the bay by mount chillad or however you spell the huge mountain.

Slate Mc
  • Slate Mc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by Slate Mc, 24 July 2014 - 11:01 PM.

Apologies I have posted this possible solution on a number of threads, not trying to spam just want all to see it. I found a way to do this. I can't prove 100% it will work for everybody but I got this mission earlier today and this is what I did. It's a bit of  a painful process but it worked, and considering I have been waiting on Martin giving me this Mission since 4th July I was happy.

Way to do it : Create a second character and rank him / her up to rank 20 - or atleast between 20 and 25. I was 22. Then do ANY Martin mission that is available at that rank. Any will do, it just unlocks the ability for him to call you.

Once you unlock Martin's missions at Rank 20 'ish there will be a very limited few he can give you via the phone, which makes it a bit easier.

I tried spamming the phone for 24 in game hours but he kept giving me the same old missions every time, usually "Artificial Scarity" and "On the List" repeatedly,

Then I read a few comments on the forums that said you have to be in Paleto Bay for him to send you "Time to Get Away". I confess i thought this was total bullsh*t as I don't recall any other Contact Missions being triggered by location, but seeing as I had spent so long trying to get this one, I had nothing to lose.

Drove myself to Paleto Bay and hung out for about 5 hours real time - nothing happend. Then - and this may be the trigger - I switched Online sessions - making sure my last spawn location was Paleto Bay. Within 4 minutes Martin had called me and offered me the mission. 

This may have been a massive coincidence, but it worked for me, and does seem to back up other peoples posts that Paleto Bay is the trigger. Oh - and if it unlocks for your second character it auto unlocks for your first as well, so when I relogged as my rank 235 character it was there in the Mission list in the Pause menu with the green tick. Please report back if this method also works for you.

I hope this helps anyone else looking to finally complete this Mission. If you are still stuck feel free to add me as Friend ( I am on the 360, GT Slate McLeod) and send me a short message. I will be happy to host and help you guys out. I am usually online UK time between 16.30 and 20.30. The mission is relatively easy just make sure you have body armour and a decent weapon as plenty to kill. A car is provided as a get away vehicle as part of the mission. It's 2 player only.

Slate

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Snip:

Then I read a few comments on the forums that said you have to be in Paleto Bay for him to send you "Time to Get Away". I confess i thought this was total bullsh*t as I don't recall any other Contact Missions being triggered by location, but seeing as I had spent so long trying to get this one, I had nothing to lose.

Drove myself to Paleto Bay and hung out for about 5 hours real time - nothing happend. Then - and this may be the trigger - I switched Online sessions - making sure my last spawn location was Paleto Bay. Within 4 minutes Martin had called me and offered me the mission. 

This may have been a massive coincidence, but it worked for me, and does seem to back up other peoples posts that Paleto Bay is the trigger. Oh - and if it unlocks for your second character it auto unlocks for your first as well, so when I relogged as my rank 235 character it was there in the Mission list in the Pause menu with the green tick. Please report back if this method also works for you.

I hope this helps anyone else looking to finally complete this Mission. If you are still stuck feel free to add me as Friend ( I am on the 360, GT Slate McLeod) and send me a short message. I will be happy to host and help you guys out. I am usually online UK time between 16.30 and 20.30. The mission is relatively easy just make sure you have body armour and a decent weapon as plenty to kill. A car is provided as a get away vehicle as part of the mission. It's 2 player only.

Slate

Thanks, going to give this a go!

According to the announcement, it is 1-2 players though?

http://www.rockstarg...ilable-Starting

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

stompin' neck & cashin' checks!

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Drove myself to Paleto Bay and hung out for about 5 hours real time

wow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users