Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who Played Watchdogs and came back to GTA: Online?

81 replies to this topic
Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I would never stop playing GTA to watch dogs, not even if they were humping.

• Zwenkwiel likes this

ShinMegamiTensei
  • ShinMegamiTensei

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

i still enjoy watch dogs 

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

I forgot watch dogs even existed tbh.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Of course, no one would come back because of the superior Online mode of Watch Dogs. *snickers*

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

The thing about Watch Dogs is that they built a Deus Ex style "tech rules in the future" open world game, except that you have to drive all over to do things, rather unlike the tech-focused world of real life. They built a game where you can do some really cool things, but they involve a lot of driving.

And the driving is garbage. It really destroys the immersion when the walking and fighting mechanics are awesome, everything is fluid and polished, and then you have to drive for ten minutes and when you reach your destination you're completely pissed off.

I rented it for three days, and I'll probably buy it in the future, but not at MSRP.
  • TheTruthIsFree and pedinhuh like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

I was tempted to play it but was too disgusted by what Ubisoft did to the game

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Homie

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Yeah I got watchdogs on PS4, I played that for a while then went back to GTA5 and couldnt believe the difference in graphics. GTA5 on ps3 is so laggy and coarse. Which makes me really excited for GTA5 for PS4 which I have on preorder. However watchdogs is no replacement for GTA5. The watchdogs maps is much smaller and I prefer the driving physics on GTA its just more fun. Also the cars and garages is what I love about GTA Online. So at the moment I just spilt my time between the two games and consoles.

KingofKookies
  • KingofKookies

Truffade Fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Watch_Dogs was way overhyped when really, it wasnt as good as it was claimed to be, they even limited the GFX on PC, just to sell more. the MP was nothing like GTAO, no character customisation, no house buying or real estate. It was really overhyped BS

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

Watch Dogs?  Played it on my friends PS4.  Seems like a sorry excuse for a game.  Sure people on WD forums probably say GTA sucks but uh, Watch Dogs driving seems more like Call of Duty driving.  God that sh*t sucks. It feels like driving wasn't even supposed to be a part of the game.  It feels like it's as if the type of driving if NBA 2K15 made a segment of the game where you drove from practice to the arena.  Has anyone here played Def Jam Icon?  It feels like Watch Dogs driving would fit nicely in that type of game.  

It might have an interesting story with a lot of depth but thats about all it's got going for it.  Oh and you can turn a car off and lean the seat back to hide from cops when they chase you, probably about the only cool thing in that game.  Way before the PS4 came out and Watch Dogs was like the premier game everyone was talking about i was excited.  Played it once and was like WTF is this shxt.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

I checked out some of the gameplay on YouTube and it was cool and it looked promising until i saw all what seemed to be a lot of "filler" and while i liked the concept and graphics, watching people play it didnt convince me to run out and buy it.
So ill stick to my GTAV, maybe get the Madden cause im a huge NFL fan just to break it up a bit.
I have been wanting to check out some other games just in case this whole Rockstar server crap continues and we never get a Deathmatch filter cause im tired of having to waste time quitting out of NINE straight Unarmed maps.
I mean, come on now, ive played TWO Unarmed maps the entire online time.

TheTruthIsFree
  • TheTruthIsFree

TruBeast_v2 GTA's Stephen Curry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

WDs is like Sleeping Dogs 2.0 honestly, mixed with a little Battlefield with the guns and destruction (can't blow up buildings,) I've played online once and it was a bore fest honestly. This had the potential to be a great game, but key things were missing.

icemagi
  • icemagi

Professional Badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

Watch Dogs is what brought me back to GTA. I stopped playing GTA a few months ago and during that time I finished Tomb Raider and started two other games. Whenever I thought of going back to GTA I just thought "ehh it's the same thing what's the point?". Then comes along Watch Dogs, played for a few hours and realized I didn't like anything about this game. I didn't like the game play, the main character, or the story. But I forced myself to play it because I wanted to like this game so badly but eventually I just gave up. During the last hour or so of playing it, I kept making comparisons to GTA and that led me to wanting to play GTA again and now I'm playing it as frequently as I did when it first came out.

• Rocket Skates likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Both are disappointing, over-hyped, and have garbage communities. 

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

wow watch dogs .. that sh*t got traded months ago LOL

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Watch Dogs was gonna be so great a few months back when the devs spammed this forum with GTA killer threads. That game blows and no one will even play it by 2015. Some GTA killer that. What a bunch of garbage.

Rocket Skates
  • Rocket Skates

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Looking back now I realise just how lame Watch Dogz was and only continued to play it just to scrape a few achievements out of it. The online invasion stuff was more annoying than anything else so I turned the option off. I really only bought it because at the time I was a little bored with GTA and felt like playing something different plus with all the hype surrounding the game I wanted to try it out for myself. It's a game I won't be going back to even if there is a ton of DLC released in the future for it. At least with GTA it's a game that makes you want to keep coming back and playing it.

• DanieljJ and icemagi like this

Jak2bossbf3
  • Jak2bossbf3

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

Watch dogs is worth renting to beat the story, but Not worth buying because there's almost no replay value

DKUnleashedPC
  • DKUnleashedPC

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

I liked Watchdogs until it got to the driving part. Probably one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a game. Glad I rented the game and didn't pre order it like I was going to.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

WDs is like Sleeping Dogs 2.0 honestly, mixed with a little Battlefield with the guns and destruction (can't blow up buildings,) I've played online once and it was a bore fest honestly. This had the potential to be a great game, but key things were missing.

Says a man who, apparently, has played neither game. Having completed both (of which Sleeping Dogs is better imo), I have to say that you're full of poo-poo, friend.

leeroyjones87
  • leeroyjones87

Lenny

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Same as some others, completed watchdogs (and didn't find it half as enjoyable as GTA V) and then sold it as I got bored. Came back to Online when I sold it a month ago and still loving it. Just wish the ps4 version would come out and/or rock* give us some new content... or at least some new info! Please rock*!

stormy1
  • stormy1

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:12 PM Edited by stormy1, 25 July 2014 - 01:27 PM.

If Ubisoft had a budget of 265 million and 5 years then maybe they might of been able to compete. I think they did a pretty good job, I don't expect 100 hours of gameplay from every game I buy.

leeroyjones87
  • leeroyjones87

Lenny

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Re:stormy1
But the quality of gameplay and the intricacy of GTA V compared to WD is so much higher. Ubisoft can do it, they have to spend more time on they're games though and I don't think that's how ubi want it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users