Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who Played Watchdogs and came back to GTA: Online?

81 replies to this topic
lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

So its been a while since the release of Watchdogs, that game that would supposedly steal all the GTA V players away...

I didn't buy or play it but I'm interested to see who tried it out and came back to gta V/online

I would also like to hear from people that stayed with Watchdogs and still play it

(I would assume tho, that they wouldn't be on this forum....)

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Or COD for that matter?  I f*cked off for 6 months and played XCOM: Enemy Within to death.  I'm back.

• Hydrohitman and lazyassedlover like this

psilocybonaut
  • psilocybonaut

Psychonaut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

I finished watch dogs SP and messed with the online but now I am mostly playing AC4. Definitely do not play gta as much as I used to. Please give us new content

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Lost in the Virtual Plaza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Completed the campaign, got bored, went back to Los Santos to enjoy the friendly randoms.

• Khelandros, ~TKP~, Day Reaper and 3 others like this

rockstarfanboy1987
  • rockstarfanboy1987

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

I started Watchdogs singleplayer but came back after i completed half of the campaign. I can't touch this game anymore ( and that comes from someone who was hyped before release)

• Jedi_n1te and lazyassedlover like this

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck
  • iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Watch Dogs was cool, not comparable to GTA at all though, more like Assassin's Creed mixed with Far Cry to me.

Watch Dogs is a game I play, GTA is a series I love.  

• Gunslinger_GK, Champers, RoachKiller_416 and 5 others like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

I've been on and off with GTA, AC: Brotherhood, CoD Zombies, Halo, and BF4. R* needs to fix this game the proper way... each patch makes the game worse.

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• GTAF Crew
  • Zimbabwe

Never played Watch Dogs to begin with...
  • MilezDawg, ZeroF0rce, Heists and 2 others like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

I can't really say I only play one game anymore. In fact the only time where I played one game only was GTA V from release to about November.

I play Watch_Dogs occasionally and GTA V occasionally.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Have ummm'd and arrrrrrhh, watched some Youtube stuff, read some reviews, even held the box in the games shop......

And......

No, it's a massive disappointment....

I'll stick with this disappointment for a wee while longer.....

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

I rented Watch Dogs one weekend to see if I would like it. The "hacking" sh*t is cool at first, but gets real repetitive and boring....and the driving in that game is probably the WORST in ANY game I have EVER played.
  • ~TKP~ and rharri02 like this

rockstarfanboy1987
  • rockstarfanboy1987

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I rented Watch Dogs one weekend to see if I would like it. The "hacking" sh*t is cool at first, but gets real repetitive and boring....and the driving in that game is probably the WORST in ANY game I have EVER played.

sign. 

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:05 PM Edited by Gunslinger_GK, 24 July 2014 - 04:10 PM.

I just got Watch_Dogs on PS3 a few days ago and i still play GTAO with my crew.

I wanted to try Watch Dogs but i knew it wouldn't be anything groundbreaking or game-changing.

So i sold a few games collecting dust and got WD on PS3 for like 2,50€.
I wasn't expecting much but it is imo a decent game and a great GTA-like. I like it more than i expected, online won't keep me busy tho so i'll stick with gta.

I'd say the game is really worth the try, it is a great open-world game. Hacking is interesting as you can interact in various ways with your environment. Mini-games are fun, they're mostly inspired by saints-row.

But since online is not anything like GTAO, it won't keep me busy and i'd rather play with my crew than on my own.

If you wanna try it then go for it, it's worth playing i'd say. But it is no Gta-killer.

And i forgot to say that so far the story is great, and i mean it, it's a huge improvement over the AC series (didn't play IV tho).
Just finished act 1 yesterday.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

I've been on and off with GTA, AC: Brotherhood, CoD Zombies, Halo, and BF4. R* needs to fix this game the proper way... each patch makes the game worse.

you really think each patch makes it worse? explain please...new content and patching out bugs....the game is much better for me nw that it was before, especially since some of the new content have become my fave items in the game

captainspitfire
  • captainspitfire

MINIGUNNER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

I play V everyday. Making bank and killing randoms.
  • Reconified, rwolfmercer and lazyassedlover like this

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I did about two hours of Watch_dogs, keep meaning to go back but never find the motivation too. its no major GTA Beater that's for sure

• lazyassedlover likes this

LoganZman
  • LoganZman

LoganZman

• Members
  • United-States

I made the mistake of getting it for xbox 360 so online sucks and it only took two days to beat single player

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Same here rented it saw it was awful went back to gta

pedinhuh
  • pedinhuh

PSN:rph_brasil (PS3), hit me up!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I thought about buying it, but soon as i saw how poorly finished the gameplay is(single player and multiplayer) I backed off.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

They're not really comparable. GTAO is nothing like W_D, and anyone who thought they were going to be similar was just plain silly.

I own W_D, and it's great. I play GTAO when I want interaction, W_D is distinctly lacking in that department.

• Gunslinger_GK likes this

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

you should have made a poll

• Heists and lazyassedlover like this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Things are complicated Rockstar lost my character at rank 232, so I still have to voice my concern via telephone support...I put in so much time that when it happened I immediately detached from my investment with the game. it was jarring.

Haven't played multi-player in awhile but SP is a hoot

I play Dark Souls like a mad man..

Sounds like gtao is getting better all the time though..

• Diesleman likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:18 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 24 July 2014 - 04:27 PM.

you really think each patch makes it worse? explain please...new content and patching out bugs....the game is much better for me nw that it was before, especially since some of the new content have become my fave items in the game

Matchmaking went to complete sh*t these past two updates: I have a 50-50 chance of joining a job with other players or waiting a minute for the game to put me in said job by myself. Hackers making a rampant return by shoving UFO's, ferris wheels, and plants all over Legion Square. Now there's an indestructible car glitch going around... there's also more and more connection errors than before. I'll be honest, I haven't been disconnected this much since the earliest days of GTAO. These disconnections happen at anybody's place I play this game at, and my internet at home is open NAT with a 13 ping and 25-6 Mbps connection, so it's not my connection.

You've been here to see the money glitch threads also, right? That came up with the recent patch. Each patch that comes out brings a new bug.. R* patches the methods of the glitches, but not the glitches themselves. Lol

• AceThaCreator and lazyassedlover like this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Matchmaking went to complete sh*t these past two updates: I have a 50-50 chance of joining a job with other players or waiting a minute for the game to put me in said job by myself. Hackers making a rampant return by shoving UFO's, ferris wheels, and plants all over Legion Square. Now there's an indestructible car glitch going around... there's also more and more connection errors than before. I'll be honest, I haven't been disconnected this much since the earliest days of GTAO. These disconnections happen at anybody's place I play this game at, and my internet at home is open NAT with a 13 ping and 25-6 Mbps connection, so it's not my connection.

You've been here to see the money glitch threads also, right? That came up with the recent patch. Each patch that comes out brings a new bug.. R* patches the methods of the glitches, but not the glitches themselves. Lol

i feel you, but its not rockstar that find these glitches, its the players, once found they try their best to remove them right? i used to freeze all the time, now its very rare...i guess peoples experience will differ depending on their location and internet service....

But to say each patch has made it worse is a bit harsh, each patch has gifted us with more and more content, my fave car, house, outfit, hairstyle, taunt and gun would not be available to me without these updates and this would be a much more boring game

Reconified
  • Reconified

gouge away.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

Played pretty much every day since launch, I always find things to do.

Bacon IceCream2
  • Bacon IceCream2

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

every fa**ot that bought watchdogs did jesus.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:32 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 24 July 2014 - 04:32 PM.

every fa**ot that bought watchdogs did jesus.

Quit the homophobia, it makes you look like an immature ass-hat.

I have also not done Jesus, as you insinuated.

• ten-a-penny, ~TKP~ and Madara1224 like this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Watch Dogs are awful. Just PES an GTA for me.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

I never left GTA V/Online.

I finished Watch Dogs' story missions in a week and haven't touched it since.

Turkish Turketarian
  • Turkish Turketarian

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

I've been playing Watch Dogs a lot lately and enjoy it quite a bit. I still play GTA though. I'm not a one game only person. That's boring. Right now I switch it up between Watch Dogs, GTAO, Assassins Creed IV, and occasionally Call of Duty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users