Change How Passive Mode Works

73 replies to this topic
LadySuperioR
  • LadySuperioR

...the name is good enough

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

If you don't want to be killed, don't play a game where murder is one of the points of the game...it's just that simple

i can take being killed if im roaming around also killing others. its the moments when i feel like doing something right quick like exporting or getting my car modded that people kill me. and its like they chase me down like they have a vendetta against me. if another player is running away because they dont feel liike fighting, why run them over when there are others you can fight with? 

Look if you're trying to get something done and another player screws it up for you by killing you just kill them back! Grief them, simple.

They need to change how passive mode to allow you to use weapons, but not on other players and other players cant hit you. They should also do that no contact thing they got for races in the passive mode. im sick of going into passive mode cus i dont want any trouble and just wanna mod my car or do the export missions and someone just shooting me in my car or ramming the car in trying to export. also the fact that people can run you over is bullsh*t and the water from fire trucks can kill u in passive mode. 

So if your not going to use the guns then why do you need them in Passive mode?

Even if they do fix Passive Mode so you can't be run over or killed with the fire hose you will still be able to be killed and blown up in your car otherwise that'll allow you to troll.

Think about it, If you are in Passive in your car and you see someone who isn't passive then you'll be able to run them over but they won't be able to shoot you to stop you from doing so that wouldn't be fair now would it?

I agree they need to fit passive mode but not to the extent that you want it.

Also you can still fight back against NPC while in passive mode you can punch them back if they punch you first.

I have a solution you big bitch.

play invite only if you're gonna be a pussy

People like you really irk me.

You never stop and think before you post that stupid comment which has been repeated thousands upon thousands of times on here, You always forget that people play with friends Online and those friends might not be passive players and they want to play in public sessions and if you have several friends in a session together then that means they all have to go to a invite only session where it's just them and that will be boring for his friends also this isn't COD you don't have to shoot everybody on site some people want to have fun without getting into a PvP every 5 minutes with some random doink who doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.

But when you're in passive mode people could still run you over. Really not fair if you ask me, maybe they should just add the no contact feature so people can't ram you in passive mode, and vice versa if somebody in passive mode is. And for the fire hose, do what they did for trying to shoot at a person in passive mode, it doesn't let you fire. Lol

Thats when a passive mode player can climb on top of something

Skylan
  • Skylan

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

^ Only to be stuck there because the basement-dwelling griefer has nothing better to do than keep vigil around a player too high for him to run over.

• Mr.Nedich and TheTruthIsFree like this

TheTruthIsFree
  • TheTruthIsFree

TruBeast_v2 GTA's Stephen Curry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

But when you're in passive mode people could still run you over. Really not fair if you ask me, maybe they should just add the no contact feature so people can't ram you in passive mode, and vice versa if somebody in passive mode is. And for the fire hose, do what they did for trying to shoot at a person in passive mode, it doesn't let you fire. Lol

Nah its called passive mode not god mode , people should be able to run you over plenty of ways to not die in passive mod like....

1.Not standing still like a duck expecting it to save you
2.Using your map (Mental states, warzones,the guy you just killed)
3.Dont start sh!t , ramming me in your chrome zentorno  screaming YOLO on the mic (Youre just looking for trouble)
4.The rest is called learning curve

Hold the f*ck up, let me guess you're one of those arrogant jackasses who think killing people that isn't even bothering you is okay? Nah, you got me f*cked up. And mostly all of the shi you just listed are still BS because people always find a way to f*ck with somebody, like seriously. If you were minding your own business and some jackass sped up at you at 200mph and killed you for no reason wouldn't that piss you off? Passive mode is an INDICATOR of people not wanting to be bothered, and mental states don't mean sh*t especially since they reset and really have 0 to 5 meaning. If you wanna go around killing people, go play COD or some sh*t. Learning curve...? Lls funny cause I played GTA to GTA5, I know what the hell I'm doing. Its like going up to somebody in reality thats minding their own business and start disrespecting them just because. Stop speaking out of your ass and start speaking out of your mouth, I've been on the toilet for too long listening to ya sh*t.

WHODATT318
  • WHODATT318

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

Turn off Cops Mode....Then we can party  :panic:

Snake_Pliskin79
  • Snake_Pliskin79

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

So go in "Invite only Session"
Is everyone just going to ignore this here? He said it perfectly and made everyone's argument invalid. I love it

You basically sound like you don't want any contact with other players.  And if you do want contact, i'm guessing it's only because you want to show off your cool looking car? lol

What's your reason for not doing "Invite only session"?

I don't know about OP, but I gave up on Passive Mode a long time ago. I play in Closed Friend Sessions, mostly because my internet can't handle public lobbies too well, but also because I can't get anything done in Freeroam if there are other players around. There's always a jet flying around, or a pair of asshats shooting everyone in sight.

However, I WOULD like passive mode to work like co-op does in missions. The only way to kill another player is to run them over. Do I want this because I'm "a pussy" or "a bitch", as some of our eloquent members put it? No. It's because I want some f*cking TEAMWORK for once in this game, instead of mindless chaos, without having to make a special session for it and invite everyone to it.

Opponents of this idea throw out the usual half-assed arguments, "GTA IS ABUT MOORDER AND CHAOS, GO BACK TO MA LITTLE PONY IF YOU DUN LIKE, HURR DURR DURR", and "INVITE-ONLY, LOL". It's just as bad as the people that say we shouldn't have to buy cars because "DA GAME IS CALLED GRAND THEFT AUTO, LOLOLOL". Argue against me all you like, I only ask you be SMART about it when you do it.

Having said that, I was promised TEAMWORK with GTAO. I don't remember one single instance in the GTAO trailer where players killing players was featured as something you could/should do. It wasn't about chaos, it was about players finding ways to work together, which passive-opponents seem to conveniently forget. But we can't HAVE teamwork like that because they gave us the option to kill each other, so of course, that's what everyone does. Mostly because the entire game has de-volved into a "kill first just in case" mentality.

I want a better passive mode, NOT because I want players to leave me alone, but because I want to WORK TOGETHER with other players, and not have the inconvenience of making a whole lobby JUST for that, and inviting every single person one by one, just so we can all be separated again as soon as the game glitches out after a mission. Not to mention my friends list is cluttered enough as it is.
1- passive mode in free roam works the same in free roam as it does in missions: you can still be run over and blown up.

2- you want to get things done without the interference from others but want strangers to play nice in a random lobby even though multiple options are available to you to do so unimpeded which take no longer than it takes to get into a random session. Quite simply you want to be alone in a public room and that logic doesn't fit in real life or gta. You cant expect everyone to play by your passive patty cake rules.

3- your expectation and limited understanding of the gtao trailer can't be used to support the none combatal environment passive players want. Every game world has rules and the better you are at understanding them the better you become at navigating said world. Los Santos and everything in it is designed in and around criminal activity and its painfully obvious by the cries in this thread that none of you have even so much as stolen a piece of gum or you would fully understand that there is no honor among thieves...suvival of the fittest and all that jazz.

4- BECAUSE people may have had gum drop and lollie pop impressions of a utopia in Los Santos, Rockstar went out of their way to inform ANYONE who bothered to pay attention during the tut, that everyone isn't your friend in gtao...did you miss that part or were you looking at the woman in the red dress? You are told repeatedly to bank your cash because other players can kill you and take it...this is 10 minutes into the tutorial when you're sent to rob your first store.

I say all of that to say this, you can get a full room of co op...you just have to get 16 like minded people together...that's never going to happen on a public server where not everyone communicates or has the same itinerary. You have options at your disposal....you and others clammoring for this pillowtop version of gta simply choose not to use those options and want everyone to play by your rules....no world works that way.

ace514
  • ace514

Thug Mansion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by ace514, 25 July 2014 - 02:06 AM.

So go in "Invite only Session"

You basically sound like you don't want any contact with other players.  And if you do want contact, i'm guessing it's only because you want to show off your cool looking car? lol

What's your reason for not doing "Invite only session"?

I don't know about OP, but I gave up on Passive Mode a long time ago. I play in Closed Friend Sessions, mostly because my internet can't handle public lobbies too well, but also because I can't get anything done in Freeroam if there are other players around. There's always a jet flying around, or a pair of asshats shooting everyone in sight.

However, I WOULD like passive mode to work like co-op does in missions. The only way to kill another player is to run them over. Do I want this because I'm "a pussy" or "a bitch", as some of our eloquent members put it? No. It's because I want some f*cking TEAMWORK for once in this game, instead of mindless chaos, without having to make a special session for it and invite everyone to it.

Opponents of this idea throw out the usual half-assed arguments, "GTA IS ABUT MOORDER AND CHAOS, GO BACK TO MA LITTLE PONY IF YOU DUN LIKE, HURR DURR DURR", and "INVITE-ONLY, LOL". It's just as bad as the people that say we shouldn't have to buy cars because "DA GAME IS CALLED GRAND THEFT AUTO, LOLOLOL". Argue against me all you like, I only ask you be SMART about it when you do it.

Having said that, I was promised TEAMWORK with GTAO. I don't remember one single instance in the GTAO trailer where players killing players was featured as something you could/should do. It wasn't about chaos, it was about players finding ways to work together, which passive-opponents seem to conveniently forget. But we can't HAVE teamwork like that because they gave us the option to kill each other, so of course, that's what everyone does. Mostly because the entire game has de-volved into a "kill first just in case" mentality.

I want a better passive mode, NOT because I want players to leave me alone, but because I want to WORK TOGETHER with other players, and not have the inconvenience of making a whole lobby JUST for that, and inviting every single person one by one, just so we can all be separated again as soon as the game glitches out after a mission. Not to mention my friends list is cluttered enough as it

exactly what teamwork is there to do in free roam ? 

Snake_Pliskin79
  • Snake_Pliskin79

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

But he's is right man. Bottom line.

Nah its called passive mode not god mode , people should be able to run you over plenty of ways to not die in passive mod like....

1.Not standing still like a duck expecting it to save you
2.Using your map (Mental states, warzones,the guy you just killed)
3.Dont start sh!t , ramming me in your chrome zentorno  screaming YOLO on the mic (Youre just looking for trouble)
4.The rest is called learning curve

Hold the f*ck up, let me guess you're one of those arrogant jackasses who think killing people that isn't even bothering you is okay? Nah, you got me f*cked up. And mostly all of the shi you just listed are still BS because people always find a way to f*ck with somebody, like seriously. If you were minding your own business and some jackass sped up at you at 200mph and killed you for no reason wouldn't that piss you off? Passive mode is an INDICATOR of people not wanting to be bothered, and mental states don't mean sh*t especially since they reset and really have 0 to 5 meaning. If you wanna go around killing people, go play COD or some sh*t. Learning curve...? Lls funny cause I played GTA to GTA5, I know what the hell I'm doing. Its like going up to somebody in reality thats minding their own business and start disrespecting them just because. Stop speaking out of your ass and start speaking out of your mouth, I've been on the toilet for too long listening to ya sh*t.

MagicFN
  • MagicFN

"Shotgun Johnny"

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

Here's a better idea: get rid of Passive Mode.

Seriously, quit hiding and fight.

• ChrilLe likes this

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

They need to change how passive mode to allow you to use weapons, but not on other players and other players cant hit you. They should also do that no contact thing they got for races in the passive mode. im sick of going into passive mode cus i dont want any trouble and just wanna mod my car or do the export missions and someone just shooting me in my car or ramming the car in trying to export. also the fact that people can run you over is bullsh*t and the water from fire trucks can kill u in passive mode.

Never heard of anyone using pussy mode that often.
Exactly! If all you want to do is mod your car then go into an invite only session. It's simple! Stop bitching about it. Most people in pussy mode refuse to leave an active war zone. Too many players are actually using passive mode to grief others. If you come near me and you're in passive mode I'm going to run you over or hose you down with a fire truck.  If you don't want to be killed, stay away from the war zones.  The problem is you can't do that. You're either dumb or stupid or retarded or all three. I do know that Rockstar is working on a fix that will place a time limit on how many times per actual day a player can use passive mode and how long they can be in passive mode. Soon there will not be infinite passive mode anymore. Either play the game or go back to "My Little Pony."

Holy sh*t you are dumb.

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Passive mode is pretty pointless as it is, since you can get killed.  So either fix it or fix the garbage interface to access invite only/solo/closed crew sessions while in GTAO. 

SilverOso
  • SilverOso

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:41 PM Edited by SilverOso, 25 July 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Basically 0:38 and 2:17 are the reasons the passive mode needs to change. 

redpoint
  • redpoint

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Passive Mode Lobbies 

All the pussies in one place.

That is all :) 

CheekyKunt
  • CheekyKunt

-PvP Based God-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

So if your not going to use the guns then why do you need them in Passive mode?

Even if they do fix Passive Mode so you can't be run over or killed with the fire hose you will still be able to be killed and blown up in your car otherwise that'll allow you to troll.

Think about it, If you are in Passive in your car and you see someone who isn't passive then you'll be able to run them over but they won't be able to shoot you to stop you from doing so that wouldn't be fair now would it?

I agree they need to fit passive mode but not to the extent that you want it.

Also you can still fight back against NPC while in passive mode you can punch them back if they punch you first.

I have a solution you big bitch.

play invite only if you're gonna be a pussy

People like you really irk me.

You never stop and think before you post that stupid comment which has been repeated thousands upon thousands of times on here, You always forget that people play with friends Online and those friends might not be passive players and they want to play in public sessions and if you have several friends in a session together then that means they all have to go to a invite only session where it's just them and that will be boring for his friends also this isn't COD you don't have to shoot everybody on site some people want to have fun without getting into a PvP every 5 minutes with some random doink who doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.

You sounds like a bitch brah, srs grow a pair of balls

scoobsterinc
  • scoobsterinc

Honey badger

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Passive mode does need to be buffed for the players that use it. I don't use it personally as I prefer to fight my way away from a jerk player but for those that do I can understand why they use it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users