Photo

Revenge ending canon? (spoilers)

19 replies to this topic
lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

In GTA V, Packie clearly no longer has contact with Niko. You'd think, if Niko was dating Kate, Packie would still be in touch with him, and would be aware if he was dead/alive, etc.

This makes me think the Revenge ending is canon, and she died.

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

In GTA V, Packie clearly no longer has contact with Niko. You'd think, if Niko was dating Kate, Packie would still be in touch with him, and would be aware if he was dead/alive, etc.

This makes me think the Revenge ending is canon, and she died.

Note for anyone else: if you played GTA 4 with the DLC packs, you can read this post. but if you don't, don't blame me for spoiling the game.

Revenge ending is obviously canon, if rockstar said it. Niko isn't dumb enough to "Make the same mistake twice." Niko doesn't care about revenge as long as he has no choice or loses someone important. in that case Niko had no choice as he knew dimitri is going to turn on him, aswell because Bulgarin, because that's mostly why he betrayed him. I sometimes wonder if Niko "Just forgets" about Bulgarin. It's like the million dollars were chump change and Luis helped Bulgarin out more with taking out Ashvilli than Niko.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

Kate breaks up with Niko in both deal and revenge. She most likely did not follow Packie, judging by her email.

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, I think that the final choice is a bit obvious, in terms of consequences. However, there are many people who prefer "Money" over "Revenge".

But about this topic, there were five years between 2008 and 2013, maybe Niko dated Kate for a short period of time, if we suppose a hypothetical scenario. 

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

I believe Revenge is cannon because in GTA V, Roman has a LifeInvader page and Packie moved out to LS. The only reason i could see him leaving LC is if he had nothing left there. Kate dying, his mother's probable death in the 5 year gap, his brothers are dead, in-jail or they're Francis and a good friend of his gave up the life of crime. That's just how i feel anyway.

Personally, i prefer the Deal ending. It makes for a more tragic ending and more epic final mission.

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Packie left in 2008 already, right? as seen in the credits of TBOGT?

• Kampret likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Could be at any point in time after the events of TBOGT. His dialogue in V implies he hasn't been there too long, but he could have also moved from place to place. So we're not sure.
  • Mr. Jago and Kampret like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:50 PM Edited by The7thOne, 24 July 2014 - 12:53 PM.

I have reason to believe that Revenge is canon. I know that a lot of people think that Deal fits Niko's personality and brings closure to the story, however Revenge means that Kate dies, and Roman gets to live with his wife and kid (Kate Bellic).

Also, Niko and Roman have a Lifeinvader page, which is self explanatory.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Roman's cab company could have his name in memorial. I think that is much more likely.

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Both possibilities are possible.

• Kampret likes this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

Niko said it himself "I won't make the same mistake twice" ie. working with Dimitri again. Revenge is canon, end of story.

• don ovdi' island likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

Niko said it himself "I won't make the same mistake twice" ie. working with Dimitri again. Revenge is canon, end of story.

I don't know how much longer I can keep dealing in death.
  • HaythamKenway likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

Why is it that around the forums if I use the "Deal fits the story's tone better" excuse to justify Deal being canon I'm told I'm an idiot and I'm wrong, yet everybody can use that excuse to justify ending C in V being canon?

It seems that around here nobody is willing to accept the bleakest outcome as canon. Well guess what, in both real life and fiction we'll always have endings where the hero doesn't win, so stop thinking that darkness doesn't belong in GTA.

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

Revenge is the most logical canon ending, to me anyways, but both endings work perfectly to Niko's personality, the tone of the story and to GTA 5. It isn't as simple as taking a single quote from Niko to determine which is canon.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:39 AM Edited by matajuegos01, 26 July 2014 - 03:40 AM.

Most logical ending for me it's Deal because Niko a few missions before has discovered that killing darko (hence having his revenge) wouldn't solve anything and would make him feel more empty, so he learned to live and let live, this makes more sense for him, so i believe making a deal with Dmitri would be the most possible outcome because of his ideology of living and letting live by giving Dmitri a second chance.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Most logical ending for me it's Deal because Niko a few missions before has discovered that killing darko (hence having his revenge) wouldn't solve anything and would make him feel more empty, so he learned to live and let live, this makes more sense for him, so i believe making a deal with Dmitri would be the most possible outcome because of his ideology of living and letting live by giving Dmitri a second chance.

But just because Darko was in the sh*t and wasn't anymore the man that Niko knew before... He was a man without purpose to live, different from dimitri that was a traitor...

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

But just because Darko was in the sh*t and wasn't anymore the man that Niko knew before... He was a man without purpose to live, different from dimitri that was a traitor...

And you're saying Darko wasn't a traitor? He did betray Niko in the past, and got 12 of his friends killed.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

... for just $1000! No real friend would ever do this.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

How much do you charge to kill people?

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Could be at any point in time after the events of TBOGT. His dialogue in V implies he hasn't been there too long, but he could have also moved from place to place. So we're not sure.

He probably went to visit Ireland, since in IV if you bring him out on an activity he'll mention that he's never actually been to Ireland, pretty sure he also mentions that he'll eventually go, but I'm not too sure on that part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users