Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you satisfied with GTA V?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
786 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V- Good or Bad (417 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with GTA V?

1. Yes (288 votes [69.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.06%

2. No (129 votes [30.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.94%

Vote
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:59 PM Edited by gtarules_95, 23 July 2014 - 09:04 PM.

Its been almost a year since the game was released So are you content with the Game?

I mean only the Singleplayer?(Online isn't important) There is quite some hate on this forums lately so I wanted to check

what the general consensus is

I liked the story and the city (with its surroundings) but still I'm hoping for a DLC with new missions

and activities my only major gripe with it right now is that it was way too short

I would probably rate it 8/10

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by Staten, 23 July 2014 - 09:04 PM.

I'm very satisfied with V.  It's my favourite GTA ever!

• Che Guevara_187, Noclue_42, adictoGTA and 6 others like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

its ok but the story was a let down.  i expected more to do with the gangs, and some more heists.  it turned out to be more like i was a slave to the fib.  there were only a few missions that i really liked, and most had to do with franklins story.  all the others felt just ridiculous.

• sqre, IGhostUlt, Bi0ha2ard_q8 and 4 others like this

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

I guess. I kind of expected some things to be better.

• Zito likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

Null vote. I'm disappointed with the game but some things about it satisfy me.

• Zito, IGhostUlt, theGTAking101 and 8 others like this

JRock462
  • JRock462

The Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

I enjoy it and all the things you can do. It doesn't have everything I want but that doesn't deter it from being a great game. I love all of the areas on the map and the story. 

Can't wait to see what the current gen version has in store

• buginafug likes this

emelen
  • emelen

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by emelen, 23 July 2014 - 09:43 PM.

I've loved the GTA series, since the original top-down version and have no doubt bored people at work sh*tless with my GTA-tardness.. But for me, V was a bit of a let down due to the 'length' of the game and the fact I didn't feel that immediate 'connect' with the characters like I did in the previous games in the series..  I don't really get the same urge to play/replay V like I did to play/replay IV.. Although R* has managed to get the Yin/Yang balance right with what they've added and what they've taken away.. My 2 pennies worth.. ;-)

• Glumok and theGTAking101 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

I am satisfied with GTA V as a video game.  Do I think it deserves the GTA name?  No way.

• GTA_fear, Kevert, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by burnzy187, 23 July 2014 - 09:56 PM.

Theres always those type of people that will never be happy no matter how something turns out 

• Jimbatron, GroundZero, Gummy  and 7 others like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

I am satisfied with GTA V as a video game.  Do I think it deserves the GTA name?  No way.

why not? could you elaborate on that?

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

I'm satisfied with GTA V it's my favourite GTA game.
  • Che Guevara_187 and Lowi like this

Mike Sindacco
  • Mike Sindacco

GTA SA > GTA V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by Quejki, 23 July 2014 - 10:05 PM.

There's too much facilitation like controlling car in air, possible putting the car on wheels when u flip. It's sucks, it feels like the game made for teens. Where is this real Grand Theft Auto, where? Music also is big disappointment. Online is an disaster, message " gta online disconnected due to unknown network error " is the standard. 

• sqre, GTA_fear, PatG and 3 others like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by Militia, 23 July 2014 - 10:07 PM.

There's too much facilitation like controlling car in air, possible putting the car on wheels when u flip. It's sucks, like the game made for teens. Where is this real Grand Theft Auto, where? Music also is big disappointment. Online is an disaster, message " gta online disconnected due to unknown network error " is the standard. 

This.

Don't forget that this is GRAND THEFT AUTO meanwhile what you steal for the Helipad or Hanger is only ONE item, not multiple items unless you buy them.  GTA?  Not really.  Like I said, very poorly executed in this game...There is tons more reasons, but I don't care to list them all, as I already listed them dozens of times.

Like you said about Online, well GTAO actually ruined the entire experience, all their effort and time went into that trash, something I never even played, nor will I ever.  I am not interested with hanging out with people in a video game.  SP is what made Rockstar's GTA games what it is today.  Now they are shifting the focus to children's entertainment.  Count me out.

• Raptor013, GTA_fear, Mr_Leone and 8 others like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

There's too much facilitation like controlling car in air, possible putting the car on wheels when u flip. It's sucks, like the game made for teens. Where is this real Grand Theft Auto, where? Music also is big disappointment. Online is an disaster, message " gta online disconnected due to unknown network error " is the standard. 

This.

Don't forget that this is GRAND THEFT AUTO meanwhile what you steal for the Helipad or Hanger is only ONE item, not multiple items unless you buy them.  GTA?  Not really.  Like I said, very poorly executed in this game...There is tons more reasons, but I don't care to list them all, as I already listed them dozens of times.

Like you said about Online, well GTAO actually ruined the entire experience, all their effort and time went into that trash, something I never even played, nor will I ever.  I am not interested with hanging out with people in a video game.  SP is what made Rockstar's GTA games what it is today.  Now they are shifting the focus to children's entertainment.  Count me out.

I do agree with you about Online it was completely unnecessary

they should have focused more on SP

but still I was able to enjoy the SP even though one can only imagine how it would have looked with

all their resources put into that instead of sh*tty online

• Raptor013 and A.O.D.88 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:16 PM Edited by Militia, 23 July 2014 - 10:22 PM.

I voted yes in this topic, and I also personally rate V a solid 6.5 or 7/10, but it still doesn't feel like GTA to me.  Limited storage space for vehicles, 3 characters which just feels "odd" to me, nothing to do after 100% in SP (which is all I will play), no proof vehicles which have been in these games since GTA III, stupid helipad/hanger system, silly DLC's that add vehicles that I may or may not be interested but this only means I gotta get rid of an already fully modded and stored vehicle just to store the new one, Rockstar concentrates only Online and adds everything to that nonsense + more storage space, cop system is just f*cking bogus with 99% accuracy, cops with NOS in their vehicles, short story, boring asset missions, I can continue if you need me to.  This game sucks as a GTA title.  But as a NON GTA TITLE, it's a good game that does NOT deserve the name GTA.

EDIT: Also, like the guy above me has said.  How on Earth can you control cars in the air?  How can you flip them back over when upside down?  It might be a "helpful" feature, but it's total pussy bullsh*t.  Rockstar just keeps making these games more and more casual, it's not in the true GTA spirit, especially for someone like me and the next guy who's been there since the start of either 2D or 3D.  Personally, I started with GTA III and own III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.

V is the worst.

• Raptor013, sqre, GTA_fear and 8 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 24 July 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Theres always those type of people that will never be happy no matter how something turns out 

I agree with Militia. GTA V is pretty decent if you don't consider it as a GTA game and as a different open-world game instead, if that makes any sense. I just can't classify it as a GTA. It just doesn't do it for me. Nothing about it feels like GTA, even the typical running over people/cop chase crimes because you seem to get punished way too harshly for it. I can play this game, explore, and somewhat enjoy it but not as a GTA. It just feels like an ugly duckling amongst the other GTA games, with the exception of rubbish games like GTA Advance.

• Raptor013, sqre, IGhostUlt and 4 others like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Yeah, that comment from the guy you quoted is just as bad as when I say I love San Andreas; some idiot will reply something like "Here comes the SA Fanboys"

:lol:

What these people are saying is just boring and tasteless about now.  You, me, and the next guy explained our positions numerous times.  If they don't understand by now...Well, then they may have a mental retardation, I guess...It is the only plausible explanation I can think of, seriously.  This forum...

• sqre likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

I would be willing to ignore my problems with both the game and the story if I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. With all these supercar DLCs and no chance at an EFLS DLC....story is not going to age well, and I sure as sh*t aren't playing online. All I can do is complain. That and play IV.
  • Raptor013, sqre, Official General and 5 others like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

It's kind of in-between for me. I'm neither satisfied nor unsatisfied.

Why isn't there an option for that in the poll?

• theGTAking101 likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

It's kind of in-between for me. I'm neither satisfied nor unsatisfied.

Why isn't there an option for that in the poll?

Because there really is just one or the other no in between
its basically are you satisfied with what you got for your money?

Yes or No?

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

The way I view GTA V is... An absolutely fantastic game, but not the best GTA game... I just feel like its lost a lot of what makes a GTA game what it is... not denying it is probably the best game in the series... but not the best GTA in the series. Does that make sense to anyone? 

• Revenge of the Donut and Sofa like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by Militia, 23 July 2014 - 11:24 PM.

The way I view GTA V is... An absolutely fantastic game, but not the best GTA game... I just feel like its lost a lot of what makes a GTA game what it is... not denying it is probably the best game in the series... but not the best GTA in the series. Does that make sense to anyone? 

No, because there was only GTA games in the series prior to V, that felt like a GTA game whereas V does not.

• DonMichaelCorleone likes this

MetalliDeth91
  • MetalliDeth91

Promoter of Earthbound Causes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

I enjoyed it, though I thought there could have been a bit more to it. 

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

No, because there was only GTA games in the series prior to V, that felt like a GTA game whereas V does not.

That's the point I was trying to make, just badly. :p It just seems to have lost a lot of the hallmarks of the GTA Series... and it actually feels like Rockstar just tried too hard in some respects. Take myths for example. One of the best parts of San Andreas was people creating myths, and even some in GTA IV, like Ratman, but in V they've been added in, which just kills it. Nobody can wonder if there are UFOs, because there are. Nobody can wonder if Bigfoot is in the game, because he is. Playing V just doesn't give me the same feeling I get when I play other GTA games, but I still love playing it because it's a great game in itself. 

• sqre, GTA_fear, Choco Taco and 2 others like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:41 PM Edited by FEAR THE SATURN, 24 July 2014 - 12:06 AM.

gta 5 was a good game.but not good enough.the chiliad mystery is the most i like in the game.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

I'm not satisfied with the lack of steak in this game.
  • ddyoung, Che Guevara_187, Mr. Dreemurr and 1 other like this

PM-ME-YOUR-TITS-GIRL
  • PM-ME-YOUR-TITS-GIRL

Proud Trump Supporter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

I was caught up in day-one hype, as everyone was. The 800 million, the this and the that.

When I put it in, and launched the game, I was giddy. Seeing a new GTA after 5 years.

I played through the story once, and thought it was amazing. Then I browsed the forums and played through the game again.

Then the disappointment hit. I realized that in that first-timer rush I let my emotions get in the way of rationality.

I look at the game now, and it still feels like it hasn't surpassed San Andreas in fun nor content.

• Raptor013, sqre, Kalerney and 3 others like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

If I had no knowledge of the other GTA games I would possibly consider GTA V to be one of the best open world games ever made, but as a long time GTA fan, no. It honestly doesn't satisfy my GTA urges. It takes more than a big map and shiny graphics IMO.

It's a really good game on its own, but not a very good GTA.

• Raptor013, sqre, Kevert and 9 others like this

Hotband
  • Hotband

A Cheesehead

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

I would have been satisfied if the music selection was actually decent, and not to mention the 'annoying' turbulence when flying an aircraft which is really stupid.

• Raptor013 and GTA_fear like this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

If I had no knowledge of the other GTA games I would possibly consider GTA V to be one of the best open world games ever made, but as a long time GTA fan, no. It honestly doesn't satisfy my GTA urges. It takes more than a big map and shiny graphics IMO.

It's a really good game on its own, but not a very good GTA.

I agree with this. Great game if it was a stand alone open world gta clone. But as a gta game it disapoints.

I feel like gta v would have even worked better as a movie than a video game. Some of the lines are very witty and the game itself is fast paced which is why it could just be condensed and turned into a 2 hour movie. Most missions are just filler anyway like stacking the crates with the crane at the docks, the boring submarine mission, yoga, and that hang ten mission wich was literally just a cutscene.

A gta game needs a long campaign with side characters that dont just appear and dissapear abruptly like tanisha, simeon, agent sanchez and many others.

Jeremy jahns said it best when he was reviewing gta v.

You can fly but its not the best flying game. You have all these cars but its not the best driving game. You have 3rd person shooting but its not the best 3rd person shooting game.
  • Raptor013, sqre, Exocortex and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users