Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V/ Rockstar Games Appreciation Thread.

43 replies to this topic
ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

For £32 for the game ( thanks tesco) plus £36 worth of cash cards, I've had 20 full days worth of entertainment. That's about 4 days in SP and 16 online.
I'm more than happy with that.

tesco's peasant, Argos4Lyf :p

£28 for the game, £31 on cash cards and 17 days online. Well worth it :)

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

GTAV is a technical masterpiece, I don't think anyone is disputing that.

GTAO is another story, sure you can play DM, race etc. A jack of all trades but most certainly a master of NONE. 

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

Well yeah a master of none, but it does them all competently enough, which is a pretty big feat in itself. Don't think I've noticed a single element of the game where I've thought, "this is unplayable".

• AlabamaFatts likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

I appreciate rockstar's works, until i see their actions regarding to gtav and (especially) gta online. I slowly and have lost my respect to them until now.

Well i always open my eyes and see how it is looks like. Just because i like rockstar and gta, doesn't mean everything about them has to be positive and i have to close my eyes to the negatives. And for me, current rockstar have negative outweigh the positive.

Pretty sure my comment here gonna attract some fanatics who close their eyes for rockstar telling me to stop playing and sh*t, which gonna make me laugh reading that.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Rockstar is okay, but GTA V really disappointed me. GTAO was and is an ambitious project, but I really think that they should've waited and let most of the focus go onto GTA V. Online really should've been released as its own game.

Rockstar is a great company but I really think they should've done better. I mean, this is one of the companies that was responsible for revolutionizing the gaming industry. I rly hope they didn't get too cocky and pulled a EA on us.

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

"Appreciation thread" Rockstar don't appreciate any of you! They are in it to make money.

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

The 32 Year Old Veteran - "I'm gettin' too old for

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

I am a Rockstar fanboy. any other game I have is to hold me over until the next game comes out. YES, not everything is perfect, but each tittle put out is better than the previous. I have yet to experience these "game breakers." I will admit I hated the driving on GTA5 for the first couple days, but got over that pretty quick. any real complaint I've had I've GTAO is about the community. the glitcher/modders ruined my experience a little bit when I was given more cash than i ever need, but i stayed away from spending it, & continued to play like a peasant.
for me it boils down to "am I having fun" and 10 months later the answer is YES.

For a 32 year old veteran, you should've known that if there is any debate of which there are already numerous threads, it is this one.

But for the sake of argument I can say with full confidence that I love this game very much. It's a great game and it dwarfs any of their previous games. A few years from now it will be legendary. But does that also mean that I have to respect their shady business methods and the somewhat obnoxious way of communicating with their fanbase?

You're exactly right, and I did realize that there are other threads related to this same topic, but I continued to post this because I felt that the message had gone to the wayside, and people had forgotten what they had previously heard. The amount of negativity by others, in their posts and comments is proof of this. Like those other posts, I'm sure that this one will also fall down, and be relegated to the back pages, never to be seen again, and the message probably forgotten, but that is exactly why I think it was necessary to make this post. Just to bring to light again all of the great things we should realize about this game. If we continue to drown ourselves in the negative, we'll never be able to see the positive again. I'm sure I've voiced the very same opinion as some who have posted before me, but the only goal here is to bring that enthusiasm and respect for the Cast and Crew of this game back to the surface. That being said, your post was a breath of fresh air, and just the kind of experience that should be shared around here. I'm sure that everyone who worked on this game greatly appreciates your sentiments. Keep on playing, and keeping on enjoying it for your own reasons, not anyone else's. Thanks for the input.

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

well said OP

AlabamaFatts
  • AlabamaFatts

The 32 Year Old Veteran - "I'm gettin' too old for

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by AlabamaFatts, 23 July 2014 - 08:29 PM.

I appreciate rockstar's works, until i see their actions regarding to gtav and (especially) gta online. I slowly and have lost my respect to them until now.
Well i always open my eyes and see how it is looks like. Just because i like rockstar and gta, doesn't mean everything about them has to be positive and i have to close my eyes to the negatives. And for me, current rockstar have negative outweigh the positive.
Pretty sure my comment here gonna attract some fanatics who close their eyes for rockstar telling me to stop playing and sh*t, which gonna make me laugh reading that.

Very true. As everything shouldn't be about the positives, but I just feel the positives outweigh the negatives when you compare this game to all the others. As a whole, I honestly think the replayability and the sheer amount of quality content exceeds the negative aspects by a lot. But I'm sure you have your reasons for feeling the way you do, and I respect that. I personally have never seen such a vast amount of options, and choices given to the gamers as this game has given us, and hope that it just gets recognized a bit.
  • iliev77 and Mr.Smith187 like this

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

Op doesn't know punctuation, nothing to see here so move along.

Ass kissing a single game & a billion dollar company smh. Just pay the $60 and get off your knees

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

^^ this guy...

troll.gif

• jackjoejim likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

I agree with the OP. Though I've been upset about a few things, nothing has made me downright hate the game or it's developers. R* has given me no reason to hate them, as they have provided me with more hours of entertainment than any other game developer out there. With games like GTA, RDR, Bully, Max Payne L.A Noire, how can I even dislike them? I don't care about peoples Shark Card conspiracy's, or all these other stupid threads people make about R*. GTA V/Online is a masterpiece, it may have some bugs but no game is EVER perfect. Especially online. People seem to forget that this is R*'s first attempt at something this big, and tbqh, I think even through the roadblocks they have done a bang up job. Also big middle finger goes to anyone who dislikes my opinion.

• Mr.Smith187 likes this

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

Rockstar games are the only games that I will buy a new system to play.

Okay, maybe Bethesda, too.

• Cant-B-Faded likes this

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

The game was totally worth the money. It's just so frustrating at times, we all need to vent.

P.S. You use lots of big words for someone who doesn't know the difference between past and passed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users