Grand Theft Auto - The Misunderstood Video Game

6 replies to this topic
tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before, but I figured I'd post and see what feedback I'd get. Mainstream thinking has the Grand Theft Auto series heavily misunderstood. Many think of shooting rampages and mindless explosions when they think of GTA, but true GTA enthusiasts like us would know better. It bothers me when people portray it as a game in which there's no objective other than to blow up cars, kill innocent people, steal cars, etc. It really sheds the wrong kind of light on the series, and people don't give it the kind of credit it deserves.

• PooyanCyrus, Tikhung and Wavesittich like this

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

Well, yeah, but what are you gonna do. Some people are good at resisting education.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

I agree with you OP. What great about the GTA series is the details that Rockstar put in their games. Parodies of real life. It's incredible.

• tokyocean likes this

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by tokyocean, 23 July 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Well, yeah, but what are you gonna do. Some people are good at resisting education.

I can't do anything about it. I was just providing a commentary on the situation -- nothing more, nothing less. When I state my opinions on such topics, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm asking for a civil rights movement or a second American Revolution.

I agree with you OP. What great about the GTA series is the details that Rockstar put in their games. Parodies of real life. It's incredible.

True, but I think the civilians could be a lot more realistic. I mean, I feel as though 99% of the NPCs are outspoken, voicing exactly what they think instead of keeping to themselves. In reality, most people would stay quiet even when they see someone's strange behavior.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by Im2akillerfish, 23 July 2014 - 07:19 PM.

I believe that those who think it's just mindless violence should finish at least one GTA. I bet that if somebody who thinks GTA is just a murder simulator played through GTA IVs story mode, they would have a different angle on the series.

It's like food and kids. They complain how something tastes bad while haven't even tasted it.

• tokyocean and matajuegos01 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

I don't really mind it. In fact, it's a bit funny seeing comedians say GTA consists of beating up hookers and nothing else and that jack lawyer dude trying his very best to get it banned under silly claims.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

I don't really mind it. In fact, it's a bit funny seeing comedians say GTA consists of beating up hookers and nothing else and that jack lawyer dude trying his very best to get it banned under silly claims.

jack tompson was disbarred so he can't do any of his sh*t anymore, what a time to be alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users