Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's with the bubble head effect in IV and V?

14 replies to this topic
justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by justinlynch3, 23 July 2014 - 04:10 PM.

This is referring to the cockpit/over hood view.

On many racing racing games like Need For Speed, I love using the hood view.    This is not the bumper view, but instead the view set from behind the hood of the car.   A example (from a older game yes, but just example) 94629-need-for-speed-underground-2-windo

But is it just me or do R* attempts at this view always wind up sucking ass.   I swear our players are treated like bubble head dolls or something.   I imagine R* is trying to add realisum, but I always find myself literally unable to use this view in GTA cause of the shakyness, which sucks as I like racing and views like this are good racing views.

Should R* lay off the bubble head effect or something.    At the end of the day the game would be better being fun, then super realistic.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Ah, nfs underground 2 :')
  • Demetri_FTO_1. and BigJoe_1 like this

BJMartin
  • BJMartin

Meth, not even once.

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Well, to be honest, if the car shakes, the camera should shake. Don't crash or something like that.. 

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

Ah, nfs underground 2 :')

I think so, looks like it.    I just quickly google'd a hood view.

Well, to be honest, if the car shakes, the camera should shake. Don't crash or something like that.. 

If it was only crashing I wouldn't mind.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Man on a mission

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

I tell you how much i hate the way the FP view is in this game. It just doesn't feel or look natural & irl you can see the whole dash not just over the hood lol. I don't understand that the developing team for midnight club who also worked on this game didn't implement the first person view from that game heres an example:
2s1ncpc.jpg

justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

I tell you how much i hate the way the FP view is in this game. It just doesn't feel or look natural & irl you can see the whole dash not just over the hood lol. I don't understand that the developing team for midnight club who also worked on this game didn't implement the first person view from that game heres an example:
2s1ncpc.jpg

Some games has both over hood and cockpit view.    I choose over hood, I like it better in games.

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

2s1ncpc.jpg

Some games has both over hood and cockpit view.    I choose over hood, I like it better in games.

I don't understand why you would prefer over-the-bonnet views instead of a proper cockpit view.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

If Rockstar wanted to implement a hood view, they should've kept the GTA IV one. Nothing was wrong with it, but we're stuck with crap in GTA V

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:47 PM Edited by MantisFang, 23 July 2014 - 04:49 PM.

I think you mean bobblehead dolls.

I prefer a bubble butt to a bubble head.
  • Demetri_FTO_1., Vanilla Poison, Static and 1 other like this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Man on a mission

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

2s1ncpc.jpg

I don't understand why you would prefer over-the-bonnet views instead of a proper cockpit view.
Because it feels more natural & increased peripheral vision hey to each their own. It adds a little more of a challenge too.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

R* tried to make GTA V a high budged Saints Row game and they did that with succes.

IMO Driver SF did a way better job with their driving though.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Man on a mission

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:06 PM Edited by BlackAce23, 23 July 2014 - 05:09 PM.

R* tried to make GTA V a high budged Saints Row game and they did that with succes.

IMO Driver SF did a way better job with their driving though.

Your spot on with the saints row reference even the f**cking cops are the same in both games with hyper car speed & relentless ramming. The only class of cars that feel realistic handling wise are muscle cars but the others feels WAY TOO arcady.

hotrider567
  • hotrider567

PC Master Race

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

2s1ncpc.jpg

Wow, Midnight Club LA has a more detailed interior and it was made in 2009 by the same company

Static
  • Static

不名誉より死

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

2s1ncpc.jpg

Wow, Midnight Club LA has a more detailed interior and it was made in 2009 by the same company

It was also a game ONLY  about cars and racing, so I imagine the spent the bulk of there time on the car models/interiors.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

I think the reason there's no cockpit view is because the interiors of the cars look like ass close up, so don't pass the standard of quality they've set themselves. If they were as detailed as in dedicated racing games then the games performance would pay the price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users