Microphone for GTA Online

5 replies to this topic
Assualter
  • Assualter

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys, I play gta on the ps3 without a mic which kinda sucks sometime.

I have my SMS Audio Street headphone and the cable has a mic on it built-in. When I tried connecting it to the PS4 controller it worked on the PS4. Now I connected the PS4 controller(with th headphones connected) to my PS3 hoping that the headphones and mic will work, both does not.

Is there a way I can make it work? I tried the Audio Outpot Settings but it shows no device there.

PS3_Pan
  • PS3_Pan

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

You cannot connect headphones to the ps3 usb slot or via Bluetooth, only your chat feature will work.  If you want sound you have to have an external sound source for your headphones, which will then in turn make your headset not function as a mic unless specifically designed that way like the TB xp400/500's, ect.

This what you were looking for?

Assualter
  • Assualter

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by Assualter, 23 July 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Not exacly, I dont care much about the headphones but the cable that connects my headphones to the PS4 controller has a mic built-in that im trying to make him work. So far I cant even make my PS4 controller work on GTA. The controller is connected via USB to the PS3 and the headphones are connected via the headphones cable to the controller. The black box on the cable is the mic.

Spoiler

PS3_Pan
  • PS3_Pan

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Google tells me that this will not work for you, the audio port is not compatible nor is the ps4 controller for GTAV on ps3.  Sorry.

Assualter
  • Assualter

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

I see, thanks for your help!

KenniCrazy
  • KenniCrazy

Run Up or Get Done Up

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

PS4 controller not compatible with GTA 5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users