higher bounties?

47 replies to this topic
CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

i think bounties should be a bit higher, 9k max its abit low. make it 25-50k but i doubt it would ever happen.

R* keep money stuff low to prevent people from spreading wealth which have been a massive fail if you ask me.

samething goes with the betting cap of $2,500 which is ridiculously low.

they should rise all caps or even better remove them!

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

Yeah! Higher bounties and all people spending time in private sessions to win their own bounty. (Or giving it to a friend). I think they are ok. You can get a few grands if you hunt some heads... but not enough to encourage obsession. XD And not enough for going to private session for 48 minutes.
Money corrupts everything.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

The progressive bounty system in RDR was sweet, wish they'd bring that back.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

For all those that think it should be higher, why do you think so...what purpose would it serve?
Besides exploiting money...which i dont care personally, but you know R* does

RossCA
  • RossCA

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Do you guys think its a good idea for higher bounties? like $100.000 or $1.000.000?

I'd like to see it as high as 20k and anything over 10k will be a different color skull on the map like blue or green. 

Pathum
  • Pathum

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Sure, I would like to see bounties increased. but I don't think it'll work.

If it is raised just slightly then it makes no real difference so why do it? So it then has to be up 2x or more.

If I get a bounty of 20k (what I've seen mentioned in this trhread generally) on me though, I don't go out for a joy ride or stroll over the pier. I get in missions and play the 20k out. Nevermind higher amounts.

Maybe I join a friends session and split the money. Or I just sit in my appartment watching tv in-game, eating something in real-life.

My point is, higher bounty would probably make me avoid contact in public sessions.

Maybe because of the recent moneyglitching there is a group of players that don't care about that money and just go all out. And there will always be the Warriors that wanna win it.

I don't know if other players would stay in a session and defend themselves. I might, once or twice. If others will fight more than I then it could work to up the pay-out.

But if not it would just be NPC's wasting their money.

I'd welcome the income but to make it work and turn it into actual bountyhunting with higher rewards there should be more restrictions on a bounty.
Things I can think of would be no: bounty has; no off-radar, no remove wanted level and no escaping the session via start menu. Instead the only way out is to get to your home or garage. Then you can go away.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Sure, I would like to see bounties increased. but I don't think it'll work.
If it is raised just slightly then it makes no real difference so why do it? So it then has to be up 2x or more.

If I get a bounty of 20k (what I've seen mentioned in this trhread generally) on me though, I don't go out for a joy ride or stroll over the pier. I get in missions and play the 20k out. Nevermind higher amounts.
Maybe I join a friends session and split the money. Or I just sit in my appartment watching tv in-game, eating something in real-life.
My point is, higher bounty would probably make me avoid contact in public sessions.

Maybe because of the recent moneyglitching there is a group of players that don't care about that money and just go all out. And there will always be the Warriors that wanna win it.
I don't know if other players would stay in a session and defend themselves. I might, once or twice. If others will fight more than I then it could work to up the pay-out.
But if not it would just be NPC's wasting their money.

I'd welcome the income but to make it work and turn it into actual bountyhunting with higher rewards there should be more restrictions on a bounty.
Things I can think of would be no: bounty has; no off-radar, no remove wanted level and no escaping the session via start menu. Instead the only way out is to get to your home or garage. Then you can go away.

^^^^ the text book version of what ive been saying.

Simon.C
  • Simon.C

Car enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

The highest I want is a 200mill bounty :D

ShiviSRT-10
  • ShiviSRT-10

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

Maybe Zancudo could put a $100k bounty on you occasionally when you steal military vehicles like the tank or jet? :p

• d1g1t4lp3n3tr8r likes this

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Maybe add a bonus to the bounty according to the bounty's mental state

HiddenInTheBushes
  • HiddenInTheBushes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

If anything the limit for bounties should be increased to 5K. I'm sick of NPC's placing 1K bounties on my head.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

How about this:

NPC's bounties only can reach $10000
Player bounties can reach $50000

But... the higher the bounty you put in someone, the larger the time you won't be able to set bounties.

This post contains way too much common sense for gta forums. Reported.
  • Mayochiki likes this

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Trying to change

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

there is a reason they took away the high bounties and gave us 9k max.

buddy23
  • buddy23

Better Than You

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

I hate that there is a limit on the amount of bounties you can set in a day. i go to set a bounty on someone 'you have reached your limit for bounties today" :cry:

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

lol would be funny as hell everyone on the map going after the person with a $1million, bounty 

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

How about this:

NPC's bounties only can reach $10000
Player bounties can reach $50000

But... the higher the bounty you put in someone, the larger the time you won't be able to set bounties.

This post contains way too much common sense for gta forums. Reported.

You have too much SWAG and never reported you. No fair :(

• Jolly Swagman likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

You have too much SWAG and never reported you. No fair :(

Damn right ive got too much swag. This one's a double sleeper

350356_3259011_zps08a42d80.jpg

DrummerDave
  • DrummerDave

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Not as much as 1m but like 15.000 or 20.000 would be cool. i love to give bounties back so it would be awesome to see low level players reactions :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users