Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V sells 32.5 million copies worldwide as of today.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

As of today, 32.5 million copies of GTA V have been sold to actual customers; making it the best selling game of 2013, and the best selling game on PS3 & Xbox 360 (17.4 million copies just on PS3 alone.) (15 million on Xbox 360 alone) Honorable mention: GTA V is also the highest rated game of 2013, with an average score of 9.7

Congratulations Rockstar, you left last gen with an awesome boom.

Wow, this such a groundbreaking and an amazing achievement, who ever would have thought GTA V would have sold millions of copies ??  :sarcasm:

Either you part own Rockstar North Games, or you are a shareholder, or you are getting paid some kind of handsome royalties from sales of the game. 

If it is none of them, then I don't see what the point of this thread is all about. 

How can any fan of this series or this company (I have been since 1998) not be just a little bit pleased with how successful Rockstar have been with GTA 5?  It brings more money into the company which will provide a bigger budget for the next game, and it is a brilliant reward for all of Rockstar's hard work. 

But apparently to be pleased with all this must mean we have an ulterior motive? GTADUDE05 must own part of the company, be a stock swindler or perhaps he’s the guy that makes sure all the tea is “irish” at Rockstar Edinburgh? Otherwise why the f*ck should he care? It's just absurd! You sound like you don't give a damn about the thousand plus artists, writers, designers and programmers who spent nearly 6 years of their lives working on this game.

You come off so bitter and hateful. Is “entitled” tattooed on your neck, too? Perhaps your ass?   

@ The Chicken Man

The tea is Irish ? What the f*ck is that supposed to mean ? Lool that alone just shows me what utter bullsh*t you talk in that response. Anyway relax, you're taking this a little too seriously, like many extreme Rockstar ass lickers on here. 

The Chicken Man
  • The Chicken Man

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

If that's supposed to be construed as sarcasm, I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

Look at the yoga comment. THAT'S sarcasm. Yours isn't.

"What's the point of this thread if you're not making money from this news?"

Yeah...That's not sarcasm. Not normal sarcasm. Maybe some twisted, personal sarcasm or something.

It was sarcasm but both bitter and aggressive as usual and hardly witty nor funny.  

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

If that's supposed to be construed as sarcasm, I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

Yeah...That's not sarcasm. Not normal sarcasm. Maybe some twisted, personal sarcasm or something.

It was sarcasm but both bitter and aggressive as usual and hardly witty nor funny.  

That's exactly the point. My sarcasm in that particular comment was not meant to be funny nor witty. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Great achievement but this figure was already noted a few months ago by Take Two Interactive. So VGchartz are behind as usual.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

It surprises me time and time again how fast those topics can get derailed. Get back on-topic, will you?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

You can be a shareholder in TakeTwo for just $23.09, by the way. It's actually not that much of a big deal :)

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

That's exactly the point. My sarcasm in that particular comment was not meant to be funny nor witty. 

So your post was just to belittle? Why then would anyone take it seriously? 

You obviously took it seriously enough - enough to preach a fiery sermon on why all GTA fans should worship Rockstar, lick their asses and lay a red carpet for them anywhere they land their feet. 

Anyway I don't want to derail this thread, I've already made my point laced with a nice dose of hard, straight sarcasm. I've nothing more to say. Be free to discuss the crystal-clear and obvious fact that V was always gonna sell millions, like it's massive news.Like GTA has never sold this big before. But like Masterfocker said, it is a forum. do your thing in peace. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

GTA HAS never sold this big before lol. Nor this fast.
  • Cezar24 likes this

The Chicken Man
  • The Chicken Man

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

So your post was just to belittle? Why then would anyone take it seriously? 

You obviously took it seriously enough - enough to preach a fiery sermon on why all GTA fans should worship Rockstar, lick their asses and lay a red carpet for them anywhere they land their feet. 

Anyway I don't want to derail this thread, I've already made my point laced with a nice dose of hard, straight sarcasm. I've nothing more to say. Be free to discuss the crystal-clear and obvious fact that V was always gonna sell millions, like it's massive news.Like GTA has never sold this big before. But like Masterfocker said, it is a forum. do your thing in peace. 

I don't understand why my reply to you is deleted for me but not for you?

Anyway, I took it to PM with you. As for this topic, the news is out of date but it's still relevant. The next gen version is going to put GTA 5 in the top 4 highest selling games of all time which is quite ridiculous for a game so many people bitch about all f*cking day long. 

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

This news does not fit in with my "GTA V is an utter failure" narrative, perhaps I'll lash out at the topic starter.

• Deji, Jimbatron, MilezDawg and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Whoo f*cking hoo. Not impressed, nor amazed, because V is still a disappointment to me, and that's all that matters to me right now. I could not give a sh*t if V sold 500 million copies, I'd still feel the same way about it, and that's feeling letdown.

But if it gives you butterflies in your stomach then please, revel and enjoy in your euphoria and happiness. 

The Chicken Man
  • The Chicken Man

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

This news does not fit in with my "GTA V is an utter failure" narrative, perhaps I'll lash out at the topic starter.

Perfectly put. 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

GTA V has actually sold-in ( or shipped ) more than 33 million units; T2

Congrats to Rockstar and their team.

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by GTA DUDE05, 23 July 2014 - 05:28 PM.

32.5 million copies"shipped" or sold into retail" 32.5 million at about 60 US dollars a piece(on average),comes out about $1,950,000,000,we are now only talking about the retail disc version,haven't include the actual downloadable digital copy.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 23 July 2014 - 05:28 PM.

Whoo f*cking hoo. Not impressed, nor amazed, because V is still a disappointment to me, and that's all that matters to me right now. I could not give a sh*t if V sold 500 million copies, I'd still feel the same way about it, and that's feeling letdown.

But if it gives you butterflies in your stomach then please, revel and enjoy in your euphoria and happiness. 

No one told you to give a sh*t about this. You came into the topic knowing you don't give a sh*t and now you're flaming others for no reason. You need to go to the doctors because there's something wrong with you. No one is trying to change your opinion of the game either so get the f*ck out of this topic.

And on top of that, you seem to have a grudge against people getting excited over this. How pathetic lol. Get....a.......life.

• _Kindled_, The Chicken Man and Cezar24 like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 23 July 2014 - 05:29 PM.

Alright we get it, you don't like the game, now stop bitching about it in every single f*cking thread. This thread is to congratulate the success not hate on it. In case you didn't know, a lot of people here are congratulating the success. Why flame someone for liking the game, just to prove your stupid point?  And I don't care if it's your opinion, you've made your point for the past eleven months the games been out. There's a whine and complain thread for a reason.

You're the most obnoxious user on these forums in a while, you know that. But now, I see it. I see that you may just be a troll looking for some attention. You've got the attention, buddy, you've got it for a while. So, are you happy? Or do you just want someone to agree with you, that the game sucks to? This was the wrong thread to pull that sh*t. I dislike the game COD, I do very much, there is a sub-forum for that and I do not complain abut it on every thread I see. No one told you to worry abut this sh*t.

Now, please, do us all a favor and log out, and never log back in again. Please.

• Deji, MilezDawg, TJtheS2000fan and 4 others like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Another topic shot down in flames...incredible.

Closed.

• TheMcSame likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users