Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will we ever see a GTA game based in the Midwest?

10 replies to this topic
TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Almost everytime the Midwest gets mentioned as part of the GTA Universe, it's said to be a pretty uninteresting place overall.

Are the writers playing on popular sentiment, or is it a veiled message implying that they have no interest to ever focus on this part of America.

• universetwisters and MythicRare like this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

I don't think midwest is an uniteresting part of America, it actually has lots of potential for a GTA game.
But at least for games between V and VI (if there will be one, ever) and the VI itself, it's unlikely to happen. They have 3 undone cities: SF, LV and VC. And putting VC in the famous frustrating VIce city thing, is a big money printing machine, because many people loved VC.

So, for now, there's no midwest. After VI, perhaps.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

I hope we can, like maybe some Bismark-esque city with Ludendorff on the outskirts of it. That close to the border, the plot could revolve around smuggling and stuff. Hell, that would be a better story than V's
  • theGTAking101 and Zello like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rebel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

the midwest is the best part of america and is the only place gta hasent been except north yankton briefly. we have so many things that could be brought to the table in gta. just look at detroit or gary. but that dosent mean the midwest is a bad place. those are just the bad areas. we have the great lakes small towns farms big cities. we have almost everything except deserts sadly.

squeezx
  • squeezx

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Sorry but the Midwest just sounds boring. The only major city is Chicago and it's been done already. I live in missouri. And I can tell you it's pretty dull. No majestic mountains, no beaches, no flashy cities or skyscrapers. Just a lot of corn and farmland. Unless you want a GTA where you're a farmer it is going to suck.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:02 PM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 28 July 2014 - 08:02 PM.

I'm not from USA and only cities I know how they look are NY, LA, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Las Vegas, Detroit... so I don't care about any other city actually.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

If they ever visit the Midwest, it'll only be to Chicago. I might be biased considering that I'm from Chicago, but honestly, anywhere else would pretty boring. Even Detroit is uninteresting, it's just known for being a massive sh*thole where Eminem comes from.

• acidmobster likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

The holier than thou killer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Yes. It'll feature three cities, parodying Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. The state will be called Gray Valley and will feature two protagonists. Remember this information for the future.

• Zello likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by Zello, 28 July 2014 - 11:57 PM.

I hope they do set a GTA in the Midwest the question is what city or cities will it be based on and the time it takes place in. A Chicago/Milwaukee game could work or Detroit. Why not try Cleveland?(Ok maybe not Cleveland no one wants to go to Cleveland :p) If they ever do a GTA in the Midwest I hope its a period piece and not present day.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

As someone who lives in the Midwest, fat liberals with funny accents and rolling plains of wheat, hay, and sh*tting cows don't really excite me.
I found much of Blaine in GTA V to be a disappointment. Unless you do something like Red Dead; packing several biomes all-together (desert, plains, snow, urban, grassy hills, rocky mountains) then another nature-centric GTA doesn't interest me.
I'd rather have compact and detailed GTA IV Liberty City or even San Andreas' version of the state than GTA V's vast expanse of bland city and untraversable mountains. 

gjohniu27858
  • gjohniu27858

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

Nah, and I'd prefer that R* doesn't make one taking place there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users