PS3 GTA4 Complete Edition: TBOGT & LAD install freeze

2 replies to this topic
piershot
  • piershot

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

I have the disc version (not dl) of GTA4 Complete Edition, had no problems with 4, completed game. When I attempt to install TBOGT, the install bar gets to around 98% and stops. I left it on for about 20 hours, no progress. I deleted the Game Data (for Liberty City Stories, not for GTA4)and attempted install of LAD, same problem, frozen at 98%.

I have tried everything I could find, including signing out of PSN, deleting Game Data, and installing but it will not go past 98%.

On each of the versions install page, the into music plays for a few seconds, then cuts out as the install starts.

Are there any other methods? Should I delete all Game Data related to GTA4 and attempt again?

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Are you sure the disc isn't scratched or anything?

Have you tried clearing the system cache?

piershot
  • piershot

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yes, here's what I just tried: Deleted all Game Data files/cache for both GTA4 Liberty City Stories (TBOGT) [2800 MB] and GTA4 [3800 MB]. I attempted to install TBOGT which again went quickly to 98% and froze, I noticed that during installation I could hear background music until it got to 98%, when the music stopped as well. When I attempted to exit using the PS button/Quit Game, it froze, beeped 3 times and restarted.

Then I attempted an install of GTA4 again, and it completed, with zero problems in about 7 minutes.

The disc is brand new, I opened it, put it in the PS3 and had not removed it since.

I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the TBOGT and LAD portions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users