Quantcast

» «
Photo

Floyd and Debra [Spoilers]

39 replies to this topic

Poll: Should they have been killed? (112 member(s) have cast votes)

Should they?

1. Yes (20 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. No (30 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

3. Just Floyd (1 votes [0.89%])

Percentage of vote: 0.89%

4. Just Debra (61 votes [54.46%])

Percentage of vote: 54.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote
lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Was there any need for them to be killed?

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

I would've preferred it if they hadn't of been killed.

It seemed a waste to watch Trevor break Floyd down and not see Floyd turned into one of his mindless followers.

Anyone else think Debra was gonna turn out to be total bullsh*t and Floyd was making her up all along?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

I would've preferred it if they hadn't of been killed.

It seemed a waste to watch Trevor break Floyd down and not see Floyd turned into one of his mindless followers.

Anyone else think Debra was gonna turn out to be total bullsh*t and Floyd was making her up all along?

That would have been all kinds of sad... But then again that would explain why Floyd seemed so devastated after Trevor broke Debra's picture, almost as if she was real "You damaged Debra..."

Anyway, no it didn't make sense for Trevor to kill them, but he only does what he feels to and reacts on impulse by his own admission, so yeah, it's kind of a moot point.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

trevor is a total piece of sh*t.  no respect for anyone.  thats why i killed him at the end.  he didnt deserve to live.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

I don't know how to vote. They didn't deserve to be killed, but story-wise I like how it played out. The Trevor character yo-yos between getting the player to feel sympathy for him (coming off the heels of the Patricia affair at that point) and then giving you every reason in the world to hate him.

• Staten and Cutter De Blanc like this

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Floyd was a whiny bitch.

Anyway, I imagine that Debra killed Floyd, not Trevor. Floyd had the knife and Debra must have got at least one shot before going out , and she obviously didn't shoot Trevor.

• Jenia likes this

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

I also don't feel like Trevor killed Floyd. Floyd grabbed the knife after Debra mentioned another man and pulled a gun out, Floyd was always so pent up and pushed around and this Revelation was his breaking point. I think all the new abuse he had been taking from Trevor is what finally pushed him to reacting in such a violent way. I think Debra killed Floyd and Trevor took her out for not only being a threat to him, but for betraying someone she was supposed to be loyal to. I sometimes think Floyd and Trevor had suffered similar childhoods and Floyd is the submissive side that comes from abuse with Trevor being the angry side.
  • Cutter De Blanc, OneManCrimeWave, Im2akillerfish and 4 others like this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by im_stoned, 23 July 2014 - 09:11 AM.

Debra deserved to die. Floyd just needed a firm beating and for someone to explain to him that woman aint all that...... infact their the opposite ! The more you try to make them happy the more they hate you. The more you treat em bad the hornier they get it's f*cked up but every man learns this lesson the hard way. Woman are pretty scummy when it comes right down to it.

I'm not saying all woman are ''like this'' but an alarming majority are infact ''like this''. All they care about is what you have and getting it out of you.

I'm glad rockstar had the balls to portray this kinda poisonous relationship because they happen a lot and it's a shame a good hearted caring person like Floyd ended up with that despicable creature with no heart, empathy or soul

Was Floyd a bit strange ? sure ! but he worked hard and he tried his best to make people happy and he got mocked, belittled and bullied because of it.

I have a lot of empathy for Floyd but debra is worst than a bag of sh*t in the desert.

• OneManCrimeWave and Sergiu like this

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

I also don't feel like Trevor killed Floyd. Floyd grabbed the knife after Debra mentioned another man and pulled a gun out, Floyd was always so pent up and pushed around and this Revelation was his breaking point. I think all the new abuse he had been taking from Trevor is what finally pushed him to reacting in such a violent way. I think Debra killed Floyd and Trevor took her out for not only being a threat to him, but for betraying someone she was supposed to be loyal to. I sometimes think Floyd and Trevor had suffered similar childhoods and Floyd is the submissive side that comes from abuse with Trevor being the angry side.

Huh, you actually made an intelligent post, cheers!

BoT I think Trevor is too much of a politically incorrect morally wrong psychopath to give a damn between murdering someone, except maybe his mom. But according to the wiki and even the game, Floyd never seemed to have a bad childhood. In the game he even says he stole a pencil and felt guilty ever since, so if he was abused as a child, he'd say it or it would be implied, also considering Floyd is the "normal" one and the closest to a role model in the game, as he's a nice pleasant worker at the docks for 10 years until Trevor came along. if anything, I was hoping that Floyd would at least live, but oh well, nice guys finish last, or in this case, dead.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

I don't think so. Floyd never did anything to really deserve it, especially after Trevor invaded his personal space.

• CartmanKusanagi and Revenge of the Donut like this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Yes, because it was hilarious. I actually laughed out loud when the scene just cut to Trevor leaving the apartment covered in blood.

Even though Debra was a real c*nt, neither of them deserved to be killed but that didn't make it any less funny for me, and the whole scene was there to show just how crazy Trevor really is.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

No, they shouldn't have been killed but LolTrevor is so whacky and wild and unstoppable and a complete c*nt and a piece of sh*t. 

• Sergiu likes this

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

No, they shouldn't have been killed but LolTrevor is so whacky and wild and unstoppable and a complete c*nt and a piece of sh*t. 

Aren't you also the guy who defended Trevor when he killed Johnny?

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Only debra should've died. that bitch.

i bet Trevor used L3 + R3 on her.

• PM-ME-YOUR-TITS-GIRL, KingKock and Revenge of the Donut like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:39 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 23 July 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Aren't you also the guy who defended Trevor when he killed Johnny?

Yes. But I hated Johnny's incessant self-pitying bullsh*t more than I hated Trevor stomping on his stupid fat face. I think there was far more justification for that, than for killing these two. I mean - head of a rival gang? Sure, kill him. Annoying woman that you've just met, who is rightfully defending her pussy-whipped fiance when finding the arsehole that trashed her home, her husbands career and generally ruined their lives has returned? No, didn't need to happen. 

Sorry, I would ask something about you but I have no idea who or what you are. 

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Huh, you actually made an intelligent post, cheers!

BoT I think Trevor is too much of a politically incorrect morally wrong psychopath to give a damn between murdering someone, except maybe his mom. But according to the wiki and even the game, Floyd never seemed to have a bad childhood. In the game he even says he stole a pencil and felt guilty ever since, so if he was abused as a child, he'd say it or it would be implied, also considering Floyd is the "normal" one and the closest to a role model in the game, as he's a nice pleasant worker at the docks for 10 years until Trevor came along. if anything, I was hoping that Floyd would at least live, but oh well, nice guys finish last, or in this case, dead.
Do I often make posts that lack intelligence?

Trevor may be the type of person to kill whoever, but he still had his loyalty and honor complex. Debra was no one to Trevor except a person who betrayed someone he liked, that was more than enough for him to kill her. My theory on Floyd being abused stems from some brothers I've known that came from abusive and broken families. In three of these cases, one brother was always very submissive and followed rules more than he should've, did anything to please people even if it affected him negatively, and spoke of his childhood as if it was perfect. The others were always angry, used people for anything, abused whatever for a rush, and would bring up their bad upbringing to justify all of their angry actions.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

No Floyd didn't deserve to die, and I'm actually surprised Trevor could have killed him, but I guess that's the point; it was a plot device just to show how psychotic and unpredictable Trevor is. Although his line was funny. "You people are not very f*cking nice!"
  • Revenge of the Donut likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

They died right at the moment when we found out that Debra was cheating on him, it would have been interesting to see how that Bob was like... maybe he's a future DLC character? Someone who will try to get revenge Devin's death (his brother?)

Haha

No but seriously, I would say they both deserved a treatment by T.... Floyd was so miserable that death would be a huge relief,poor guy was at the wrong place at the wrong time once again XD
And Debra was a piece of sh*t, she deserved it. I mean she sweared, wtf?

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Floyd was unwillingly brought into it. It was clear from the start that never had a chance. I don't really care either way since they were minor characters, but I kind of wish that apartment would've become available. Especially to Franklin since he lives so far from the beach/helipad/airport. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

I would say only Debra deserved to be killed cause in the end she did pull the pistol out on trevor. Floyd didn't need to be killed, but need to be killed cause he would've sung like a canary.

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Cultivating Mass

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

I'd have preferred it if Trevor had killed Floyd for being spineless and kidnapped Debra & taken her to the Altruists. 

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by Bozzah, 23 July 2014 - 02:56 PM.

I would love to know how he killed them

they need to give us that cutscene :(

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Trevor should have killed Bob!

• im_stoned and Revenge of the Donut like this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by im_stoned, 23 July 2014 - 03:39 PM.

if flloyd and debra leave here tomorrow would you still remember them. ?

Spoiler

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

I don't know how to vote. They didn't deserve to be killed, but story-wise I like how it played out. The Trevor character yo-yos between getting the player to feel sympathy for him (coming off the heels of the Patricia affair at that point) and then giving you every reason in the world to hate him.

??? kidnapping another man's wife made you feel sympathetic to Trevor ??? 

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

If anyone, it's Debra who deserves to die. But neither really deserves to be murdered, definitely not Floyd.

Debra presumably cheated on Floyd because he is too much of a pushover; normally I'd say it justifies her death in this game, but part of the reason why Debra wore the pants in the relationship was because Floyd allowed her to walk all over him.

Women like Debra usually don't get married until they're older, the stereotypical man in America likes that impressionable younger attractive woman, not a stuck up professional woman with a strong personality (just like Molly Schultz). It shouldn't come as a surprise that Debra took full advantage of Floyd in this relationship, as f*cked up as it is.
  • Cutter De Blanc and Revenge of the Donut like this

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

??? kidnapping another man's wife made you feel sympathetic to Trevor ??? 

No, what came after. I didn't think I'd have to state the obvious.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

No, they shouldn't have died. Their murder is one of the things about Trevor that really rubs me the wrong way.

I didn't care that much on my first playthrough, but on a repeat playthrough, I put myself in their position. If someone suddenly invaded my house and trashed it beyond repair, made themselves at home, conned me into doing highly illegal activites and basically ruined my life, I'd flip out at some point.

Yes, Debra and Floyd were threatening him, but who wouldn't break after having to deal with his sh*t all the time? He should have willingly left on his own accord instead of brutally murdering them.

• CartmanKusanagi and Revenge of the Donut like this

ItsThatGuy!
  • ItsThatGuy!

Why is Goofy a talking dog but Pluto is a DOG DOG?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Every Rockstar Game someone ends up dying.

LonerStoner97
  • LonerStoner97

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Who killed debra? IMO i think its Floyd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users