Quantcast

» «
Photo

PS3 Loading Screen Frozen! Can't get Past it!

3 replies to this topic
DeltaGhost
  • DeltaGhost

Duh Sweg Doh

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:34 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 23 July 2014 - 09:25 AM. restored font size

Hey there,

I have a 160GB PS3 Slim, and whenever I try to play my new GTA 5, I can't. It won't let me do anything. I load the game up. I get to the title screen (Loading Story Mode [X] Online). I wanted to play story, so I didnt press anything. And it just doesnt load! Its just go's through the pictures and doesn't join the game. (I also tried online). I have endlessly looked for anwers online. People get there problem fixed, I try and guess what. No progress. Been going on for a week now I believe. I've watched videos, forums etc. Its driving me crazy! Before I was able to play FLAWLESS. No lag, no freezes, no crashes, NOTHING! And it just suddenly stops. Rockstar, if any of you guys are seeing this. PLEASE help me. Thank you.

Here is what I have tried so far:

- I have Restored File System

- I have Rebuild Database

- Deleted it, installed it multiple times

- Deleted nearly ALL my save data on me PS3 (Only have Ghosts, BO2, BO, InFamous & GTA 5).

- Got my disc reader repaired

- Cleaned my disk with a cleaning kit. (Just in case you were wondering, no scratches at all).

And more...

The game worked fine one day, I was just walking at the pier, and my entire console froze. I figured "Just a crash". I turned it off, and turned it back on. I then loaded it up again, and it did what I said. I have tried different TV's. 

Please don't tell me: 

- Sign out or turn off internet - already tried both

- Don't tell me delete install/game. I already did multiple times

- Please only suggestions. Don't post your problems. Make a seperate topic please.

- Don't tell me to restore. Already have.

If you have any suggestions at all, let me know. I am desperate. 

Thanks again,

- DeltaGhost

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Hello, please try playing your disc in another console, either a friend who plays GTAV or a games store will be able to help.

When you have done this, please pop back and let us know what happened.

Thanks.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Do you use autosave?

Perhaps the autosave got corrupted-- I would back the auto save slot up somewhere (flash drive or external hard drive)-- and then delete it from your console and see if you can get past the loading screen.

///edit///

Strike the above-- create a new user on the PS3 (or use a different user)-- and try starting the game from that user. If it loads up then it was likely the most recent save file is corrupted.

DeltaGhost
  • DeltaGhost

Duh Sweg Doh

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Do you use autosave?

Perhaps the autosave got corrupted-- I would back the auto save slot up somewhere (flash drive or external hard drive)-- and then delete it from your console and see if you can get past the loading screen.

///edit///

Strike the above-- create a new user on the PS3 (or use a different user)-- and try starting the game from that user. If it loads up then it was likely the most recent save file is corrupted.

I do use autosave, and I have already made a new account. Still doesn't work. Thanks for the suggestions though.  :colgate:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users