Your history with GTA

22 replies to this topic
da_guuch
  • da_guuch

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

The first time I heard about gta I was in the 6th grade and someone brought a gaming magazine to school. We were all excited because of the details the ad gave. Killing,carjacking you name it,gta has it. Sometime later I got the game and fell in love instantly.

Later when gta2 came out I was even more excited. My father had passed and we had extra money on account of the life insurance. We needed a new tv anyway so I convinced my mother the insanely large big screen was a far better deal than the others. If I'm gonna mourn it had better be with a 5ft tall 4ft wide 3ft thick between 300-400lbs non hd tv, because hd was unheard of at that time. But we loved it and still brought in the harvest on time.

Flash forward to gta vice. I saw the tv commercial and I sh#t myself with anticipation. I got off work early so I could go to best buy and get it but they were sold out istantly. One of the employees whispered to me that ci rcute city had just put out 20 more copys and I went there imeditly and acquired a copy.

San Andreas! I did not want to go trough the same bs I did with the others, so i ordered online for home delivery. Easily spent more time on san andreas than any other game.

Lc stories and Vc stories never realy played. Lc for a minute but didn't really care for it.

GtaIV I saw the commercials for but couldn't do anything cause I didn't own a new aged console. Once I did,I fell in love with the graphics but not the game.

GTA V I like other nerds learned of v's release a year before it happened. Instead of having it mail ordered I wanted to experience a midnight release, so I waited for several hours (less than two actually) got home,installed and played happily ever after.

So what's your gta history?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:47 AM Edited by theNGclan, 23 July 2014 - 02:47 AM.

http://gtaforums.com...ta-series-chat/

Go there buddy ^^

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Yellow car!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Not much. I first got into GTA in January of 2013 with GTA IV. Loved it.

Got GTA V on release. Loved it.

Got GTA SA. Loved it.

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

My mom bought all the GTAs for Christmas because I'm 6 years old and I don't have a job. :D

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

My mom bought all the GTAs for Christmas because I'm 6 years old and I don't have a job. :D

For some odd reason I believe you.

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:02 AM Edited by MrSemiFunny, 23 July 2014 - 03:04 AM.

I was expecting someone would reply with this. I'm not really 6 years old BTW. 25ui1bs.gif
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

I think you forgot to put a 2 in front of that 6.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

I was expecting someone would reply with this. I'm not really 6 years old BTW. 25ui1bs.gif

I repeat, for some odd reason I believe you're 6 years old. You're not gonna convince me with a gif also your posts don't tell me otherwise. Nice try kiddo :)

EpicWafflez515
  • EpicWafflez515

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:38 PM Edited by EpicWafflez515, 23 July 2014 - 03:41 PM.

I feel like a noob. My first GTA I played was last year 2013 and it was GTA4 (which was my cousin's), I played it just to get use to the controls for GTA5 and I only played to highest 10-15 missions before My cousin took it back.
Then December, once school was over for Winter Break, my mom took me to Target and bought GTA5, which she promise to get, but when I got home to install it notice I didn't have any memory left convince my mom to buy a 16gb USB flash drive the same day.

March 2014, I bought GTA San Andreas for Xbox but didn't have a hard drive to play original Xbox games.
June 2014, I buy GTA Liberty City Stories for my Vita but barely play it bow
July 2014, finally got a hard drive and playing San Andreas (finish the final mission just two days ago)

Well that is my history I guess...

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I got into GTA 3 after I secretly watched my dad play it in 2003 whilst my mom was having one of those Pampered Chef parties she used to have all the time. When nobody but my sister was home, I played the game and loved it. My dad didn't want me nor my sister playing the game so we kept it a secret for a while. I enjoyed San Andreas at my neighbor's house and I also played Saints Rows there but I still liked GTA better.

So when IV came out, my dad bought it and I did the same thing with it that I did with III and absolutely fell in love with the game and it's dark story. It was something I always enjoyed when my dad wasn't home until he finally "allowed" me to play it in 2009 and got me EFLC right after Christmas. I had more fun with TBoGT than I thought I would too.

In the summer of 2011, my sister and I visited my cousins in North Carolina and we played a lot of Vice City there. When we came back, I bought San Andreas digitally on the Xbox 360 and thought it was the funnest GTA for a while. I did watch the GTA V trailer that year but my hype for the game didn't really rise until May of 2012. That's when I hopped on the hype train and played some SA and a lot of IV (learning that this game was a masterpiece) in hype for V. I lurked in the V section a lot around that time and it was fun, lots of stupid threads, lots of fun thinking threads, and lots of speculation. My copy for V came the Saturday after it's release and it was great at first but then after a while I just got bored and tired of it. And the fun sub-forum that I used to know just got retarded as well. I played V again this year and learned to enjoy it more but it still feels like the least enjoyable GTA I've played at times.

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Started with GTA 2 way back in '99 on PS2, played every installment since alongside Getaway and Max Payne.

Loc14
  • Loc14

King of Los Santos

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Started with Vice City in 2006, it was pre-installed on my then-new PC, love at first sight.

After sometime i either got III or San Andreas, not sure, but i know i got addicted to SA and ignored III.

Later started playing SA-MP, modding and stuff.

Hardly cared about IV tho, only tried it in 2010 and it didn't impress me.

In 2012 i got IV just because it was the next chapter of GTA.

The GTAV trailers&stuff got me hyped as hell and it was the first game i got on release.

Most of my time in gaming was spent in GTASA, like, 5000-6000 hours in base game + SA-MP + MTA.

I think the only other games that i got more than 200 hours of gameplay are Vice City, Skyrim and V.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Started with GTA 2 way back in '99 on PS1*, played every installment since alongside Getaway and Max Payne.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

1998 with GTA 1 when I just started high school...

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

I guess you live in the U.S or not from Europe,right? cus i see people saying 1997 and others saying 1998 so the Original was released in Europe in 1997 and the following year in the U.S (I read that on Wikipedia and it on Gamefaq's Database).

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

Had a friend who had a demo of the first game back in the 90s. We did it on PC. Then I played GTA 2 on ps1. So fast forward a couple of years to 2001. I went to buy a game, and had a lot of money that month. I went there to buy Age of Empires II for ps2. I saw GTA 3. Had no idea it was out, and I hadn't heard anything about it. I wasn't following the community at all back then. So I bought GTA 3 as well. It was an impulse buy. Went home and started Age of Empires II. After playing that for 2 hours and realizing it was sh*te, and those type of games belong on PC, I threw in GTA 3 for the heck of it. That's when I got hooked for real. I've bought every main release on the release day ever since. I remember small stories about all those days. Like how much I had to sh*t while playing GTA SA. That's for another time though.

Can't wait for GTA VI either. 5 years between games is way too long. Preferably 3 years, but max should be 4.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Ok, so here's my GTA: San Andread sh*t story.

I followed the news religiously on the net. I had moved out from my childhood home and was living in another city. I had to really scrape the barrel money wise every month. I was saving up for SA for months on end. The month of the release, I could afford it and some chips, soda and cake. I had to be REALLY careful with money though, so for that whole month up to the release, I had a cupboard full of tasty goodies. Of course that meant that I had to live off water and cheap noodles for the whole month. So I did.
The release day came and I was getting it at midnight. Got the game, darted home, and put it in the ps2. I delved into the chips, cakes and soda. Of course I didn't realize that a whole month's worth of noodles and water will cleanse your system to the brink of not being able to take much more. I went from living like a starving monk to living like a fat Texan over night. Then, just as I was playing the mission where you have to tag the houses around Ganton, my body reacted. How do you ask? I got a SEVERE case of the runs! That was still my record of playing GTA. 14 hours, only stopped by toilet visits, which there was A LOT of. I was loving every bit of the game, so it was pretty annoying to sit there, loving it, and suddenly my stomach went RRRRRRRRRR, followed by a huge stinky fart and me bolting to the toilet with both hands holding my cornhole closed. Oh the memories!!!!

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

I guess you live in the U.S or not from Europe,right? cus i see people saying 1997 and others saying 1998 so the Original was released in Europe in 1997 and the following year in the U.S (I read that on Wikipedia and it on Gamefaq's Database).

No. I'm an Aussie (Ignore my bogus Antartica flag lol). I didn't play it until sometime in 1998.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 July 2014 - 12:59 PM.

^Alright,Cool :) but anyways even though you didnt play the game on it Initial/Original release date in 1997 (European version) i think that a long time to be with a Legendary Franchise, I guess you are also a series vet then :)
  • Miamivicecity likes this

leon443
  • leon443

---

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

My first GTA was Vice City , i played it at one of my friends birthdays at his PC and i loved it. You can pretty much say that GTA Vice City got me actually involved into PC games and its other features. :)

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

The first time I heard about GTA was when I went to Incredible Universe back in 1998 and I came across a copy of the very first GTA game for PC. I looked at the description and the rating and I was like "Wow!" I could tell it was a crime simulator. I heard about other ones as I saw ads for GTA2 back in the day but the first GTA game I have actually played was GTA III, and I remember it was on Saturday in early March or late February of 2002. I was 15 at the time and the moment I played it, I was instantly hooked. My uncle had the game, by the way. I told myself to get a PS2 because I wanted that game. I have become a fan ever since.

I pretty much have every GTA game except for the 2D top-down games and the portable ones like GTA Advance and Chinatown Wars. I DO own "Liberty City Stories" and "Vice City Stories" but those are the PS2 copies. I might get myself a GBA to get the GTA game for it, and I might buy a PSP for "Chinatown Wars."

One more thing, I DID, at one point, have the 2D games when I bought a boxed set at Best Buy back in 2004 and I remember playing them and I wasn't feeling them. I am reconsidering buying those games.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well It started when GTA SA came out back in 2004, my brother picked it up and he played it. I was not as experienced with open world games like gta back then as I am now (I used to play few games back then too, I was only a young kid)

But when he played it: It was amazing. I only sat and watched him going around killing people and do random stuff. It was so awesome. I played it too, and as years went by GTA game one of the biggest games I played. its a part of my childhood

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

I first heard about GTA 3 from a friend from my class in 2003 when I was around 10 years old,then I played GTA 2 a few months later when another friend borrowed it to me.I got GTA VC in 2005 and also got GTA 3 a few months later.I got GTA SA in 2006 and played GTA VC and SA for a very long time,until last year.I didn´t get GTA 4 and EFLC because I didn´t have a last gen console until the end of 2013(I´ll try to get them soon).At the beginning of the last year I got GTA VCS and LCS.When GTA 5 was released,I got my Xbox360 and GTA 5,and I started playing GTA Online around a month and a half ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users