Have you ever seen idiots trying to knock you off on a non-contact rac

54 replies to this topic
passwordcd
  • passwordcd

What has been seen...cannot be unseen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Well, while we are on the subject, if I happen to be in a race that is full contact, I'll stay in it even though I may fly off into space from someone who likes to pit.  Stuff just happens. I like both modes of racing, and sometimes you meet some pretty good people.  Okay, now that I've said that, think I might go pit someone.  :lol:

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

In my experience the rammers are usually pretty bad at racing. Odd that someone here thinks non contact makes it easier to win. You still have to finish ahead of all the other cars, you just have to do it with skill, not throwing in the random element of spinning better drivers out to give yourself a chance.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:51 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 25 July 2014 - 03:52 PM.

people like the racing on this game. The people who crash into you make it a super toxic enviroment. Get your 50 wins and dont touch public races with a barge pole. Got everything I need and Im outty.

I hate non contact it's so easy for people to win in that case

Did you mean..."it's so hard for me to win"?

The only time I tried non-contact was a stock muscle car race, without traffic.

I started 2nd, I finished 2nd because I had no chance of catching 1st because since he started first; all he had to do was not f*ck up. In some cases non-contact can be a free win to however starts first in line.

This is a simple case of spreading misinformation if I have ever seen it. Non contact take ALOT more skill.
You cant ram the  better player out of the way with your precious catchup so therefore its a free win?

More like you couldnt take a better racing line than him and you got left behind. Non contact is all about pure racing. Apex those corners and hammer out of the corners. You know the old slow in fast out? Use your brakes to go faster? These are the bread and butter of real racers. Not rammer jammer til you get lucky which is GTA racing in a nutshell ( not the actual GTA racing where you shoot but gta the game)

pure racing my ass, it;s a glorified time trial and doesn't make any sense

no contact races should be decided on the fastest time, not position

you could start in the back and outrace every1, yet still lose because you didn't catch the guy who started in first

that's not pure racing, it's bullsh*t!

at least in regular races you can catch up and overtake people by using superior lines or positioning in turns.

in any real race with other racers it is impossible to take the ideal racing line every single time

it's what you do instead that separates the real racers from the ramming idiots, but none of this plays any part in no contact

it's just a time trial with a semi-random winner being decided at the end

nicky9499
  • nicky9499

Law Abiding Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

at least in regular races you can catch up and overtake people by using superior lines or positioning in turns.

So...you are telling me there is no such thing as racing lines and corner strategies in non-contact?

Ok then, village idiot.

• Above Omnipotence and Wavesittich like this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:43 PM Edited by CenMan, 25 July 2014 - 04:52 PM.

people like the racing on this game. The people who crash into you make it a super toxic enviroment. Get your 50 wins and dont touch public races with a barge pole. Got everything I need and Im outty.

I hate non contact it's so easy for people to win in that case

Did you mean..."it's so hard for me to win"?

The only time I tried non-contact was a stock muscle car race, without traffic.

I started 2nd, I finished 2nd because I had no chance of catching 1st because since he started first; all he had to do was not f*ck up. In some cases non-contact can be a free win to however starts first in line.

This is a simple case of spreading misinformation if I have ever seen it. Non contact take ALOT more skill.
You cant ram the  better player out of the way with your precious catchup so therefore its a free win?

More like you couldnt take a better racing line than him and you got left behind. Non contact is all about pure racing. Apex those corners and hammer out of the corners. You know the old slow in fast out? Use your brakes to go faster? These are the bread and butter of real racers. Not rammer jammer til you get lucky which is GTA racing in a nutshell ( not the actual GTA racing where you shoot but gta the game)

pure racing my ass, it;s a glorified time trial and doesn't make any sense

no contact races should be decided on the fastest time, not position

you could start in the back and outrace every1, yet still lose because you didn't catch the guy who started in first

that's not pure racing, it's bullsh*t!

in any real race with other racers it is impossible to take the ideal racing line every single time

it's what you do instead that separates the real racers from the ramming idiots, but none of this plays any part in no contact

it's just a time trial with a semi-random winner being decided at the end

It's pretty rare to find someone who is so equal in skill to you that you wouldn't be able to make up for the difference at the starting line when you're the better racer. But I do agree it's unfair nonetheless and players should all start from the same position.

And about what you said earlier, that ramming is not a good strategy to win races, that's not always true. If you do it at the start of the races, there are too many cars around and it's very likely to fail. But it's really easy to pit someone on an empty road who is overtaking you without taking a big risk yourself. I don't do this unless they do it first though. Unless when someone is in my slipstream right before the finish line, then I'll throw my car in front of his and purposefully pit myself across the line. :p

edit: I do think ramming is a legitimate tactic and it's not cheating or anything. I don't like to use it because it's still often an asshole thing to do, but if you decide that you want to ram me I'm not going to get mad. Even if you're being an idiot and knocking both of us out of the race. Rammers choose to use a feature of the game which is allowed and nobody should get mad about that, especially now that we have non-contact racing.

Oh and it is a time trial. But there's nothing wrong with time trials. I bet you won't be watching the Tour de France tomorrow. :p

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 25 July 2014 - 05:11 PM.

So...you are telling me there is no such thing as racing lines and corner strategies in non-contact?

Ok then, village idiot.

I never said such a thing, but basically yeah

in no contact races there's no such thing as superior lines since every1 can be on the ideal line all the time 

same with strategy really, there is only 1, breaking late and apexing all the turns perfectly etc.

doing anything else will cost you the race

in regular contact races though you can't all take the ideal line all the time so it comes down to who takes the superior line to come out the turn ahead 

and there's multiple strategies to overtake people, you could do it on the straights by slipstreaming or in the turns by just taking the better line, simply cutting them off or out braking them.

none of this applies to no contact where you're basically racing by yourself and every1 is just trying to hit the ideal line on every turn.

add the obvious and undeniable imbalance caused by the starting positions and no contact becomes this glorified time trial with a semi-random winner being decided at the end

if that's pure racing,they can put me in with the ramming squeakers any day XD

It's pretty rare to find someone who is so equal in skill to you that you wouldn't be able to make up for the difference at the starting line when you're the better racer. But I do agree it's unfair nonetheless and players should all start from the same position.

And about what you said earlier, that ramming is not a good strategy to win races, that's not always true. If you do it at the start of the races, there are too many cars around and it's very likely to fail. But it's really easy to pit someone on an empty road who is overtaking you without taking a big risk yourself. I don't do this unless they do it first though. Unless when someone is in my slipstream right before the finish line, then I'll throw my car in front of his and purposefully pit myself across the line. :p

edit: I do think ramming is a legitimate tactic and it's not cheating or anything. I don't like to use it because it's still often an asshole thing to do, but if you decide that you want to ram me I'm not going to get mad. Even if you're being an idiot and knocking both of us out of the race. Rammers choose to use a feature of the game which is allowed and nobody should get mad about that, especially now that we have non-contact racing.

Oh and it is a time trial. But there's nothing wrong with time trials. I bet you won't be watching the Tour de France tomorrow. :p

yeah the equal skill thing is more of a theoretical problem, no1 races perfect races every single time

but still it can lead to really boring races where overtaking some1 depends more on them messing up than anything you can do.

as for ramming

it certainly has it's uses, the point I was trying to make is that ramming every1 the entire time won't help you win races it only slows you down.

and I agree that it can be a legitimate tactic, though I often times get the feeling these rammers don't even do it to win, they just want to see the world burn.

a goal I can usually get behind, just not when I'm trying to win a race XD

ow and no I definitely won't be watching the tour EVER,watching a bunch of overpaid drug addicts on bicycles for hours on end isn't really my cup of tea XD

• CenMan likes this

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

yeah the equal skill thing is more of a theoretical problem, no1 races perfect races every single time

but still it can lead to really boring races where overtaking some1 depends more on them messing up than anything you can do.

as for ramming

it certainly has it's uses, the point I was trying to make is that ramming every1 the entire time won't help you win races it only slows you down.

and I agree that it can be a legitimate tactic, though I often times get the feeling these rammers don't even do it to win, they just want to see the world burn.

a goal I can usually get behind, just not when I'm trying to win a race XD

Even if they're just doing it to annoy me, this is GTA, not Gran Turismo. I don't like it when it's done to me, but they have every right to do it. And it is true that it can lead to boring races where you're just hoping the other one makes a mistake, but if you're the better racer than he will make more mistakes than you, even small ones like not taking a turn optimally can add up. I normally host races with catch up and slip stream off, and this leads to the same situation. If you crash early on or something, you have little chance of catching up again. Although in my experience most people crash or spin out at least once during a race, so I always stick with it and often he makes a mistake at the end and I still win. I enjoy victories when all seems lost and you think you're just staying in the race to be polite, and then your opponent f*cks up. :p

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I don't race much but I joined one of my crew mates races. some random joined and was calling me a hacker since he couldn't crash into me.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

Non Contact and Air race are to prove people's mentality in racing.

Even in Air Race people are still trying to ram. Are they f*cking serious???

Yeah, I don't know what crosses their minds. Someone once invited me to an air race, then the first thing he did is fly into me and ended crashing.

For the main topic...luckily I've found racers that acknowledge they are playing Non-contact and don't try to ram each other

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

The CAR and DRIVER makes THE difference in a 1 vs. 1 Non-Contact race, no ifs, ands, or buts.
  • GhostZodick likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 25 July 2014 - 07:09 PM.

The CAR and DRIVER makes THE difference in a 1 vs. 1 Non-Contact race, no ifs, ands, or buts.

even you can't deny the obvious advantage pole position gives you though

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

In a 1 vs. 1 race, there should be no advantage to both of the players as they should start at the same starting line.

• cuti8tushu likes this

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

This happened to me about an hour ago. Me and some friends were doing races and this one guy always bumps into people on purpose and he came charging at me full speed hoping to knock me off course. Then he just drove through me. It was funny lol
  • cjdavies and GhostZodick like this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Playa

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by cjdavies, 29 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

I just did a off-road race and I always choose the Sanchez and for once I wasn't rammed off it by the other vehicles e.g. Buggy.  I didn't know it was until I saw the Buggy going through another bike.  With that it was pure luck I went onto to win the race with 12 others (first time with so many), being lucky to avoid the minor obstacles which the others didn't.

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Illuminati

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

It's fun, it's even more fun in standard when you've sussed the idiots out inside the first few corners so that when they do  go to take you out you just touch on the brakes and see them smash into a barrier.

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

In a 1 vs. 1 race, there should be no advantage to both of the players as they should start at the same starting line.

Lol you guys want fair but only like one person mentions how everyone should start on the same line in the beginning. 

Even better, how come we all don't use the same car to be even more fair? lol

It's GTA guys..

GTA mean Grand Theft Auto....   Not .

Grand Theft Amiable

bmg1001
  • bmg1001

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

Yup, have some people try to hit me in The Commute in No Contact. Only time I knock out other people is when I see them knock out others themselves, karma, if you will.

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

I would do it just for the giggles and to troll myself. If anything I would get the guy in on it. I have no problem with letting him win if I can knock into Him and reach my characters dream of flying.

DarkMart
  • DarkMart

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Non contact race is all about skill. But I agree with one point : winners in non contact race should be decided by the time, not by the position. But that should ony be in non contact race.

TeamDarkstar
  • TeamDarkstar

Juan Wheeled Faggio!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

If I wanted competition in racing, I'd stick to Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo. GTA racing is just hilarious.

• GhostZodick likes this

passwordcd
  • passwordcd

What has been seen...cannot be unseen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

If I wanted competition in racing, I'd stick to Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo. GTA racing is just hilarious.

Oh, I definitely agree with you, but the racing is a nice change from the other stuff going on. Some of the races players have created are pretty good....

• GhostZodick likes this

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

I played non contact once lol, and no nobody tried it and i think i did a couple times, habit

RedlineDrifts
  • RedlineDrifts

Professional Driver

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

Lmao @ all the rammer noobs replying to this thread, condescending on every skilled driver like were the f*cking noobs.

• cjdavies, Above Omnipotence and Wavesittich like this

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

L.....O.....L I'm laughing my ass off as well, RedlineDrifts.

It's even funnier seeing supposedly 200 and over levelers get left in the dust when Non-Contact is on. LOL
  • TeamDarkstar, RedlineDrifts and GhostZodick like this

cuti8tushu
  • cuti8tushu

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

What's even more idiotic, is when other players flinches when someone tries to ram them LOL.

I know i'm one of those idiots ha.  

Half of GTAO is the loading screen... I like multi task and well, i'm not good at it lol. When I come back and I see the race about to start, i'm thinking it's just a normal race :p

• RedlineDrifts likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users