Topless Vehicles

26 replies to this topic
eroch
  • eroch

Self-Absorbed

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

I have a bit of a beef with the topless variants of cars released in the High Life Update. I can see the slowpoke responses coming from a mile away, but I'd like to get my thoughts out. 

I don't really understand why they added the ability to pay for a convertible version of cars instead of just adding a option in LSC to buy a roof or not.

Topless cars:

Banshee

Coquette

Stinger

Voltic

Forgive me if I'm imagining things, but I remember using a Coquette in Single-Player near release and having the option of buying a roof. This is backed up by the trivia on the wiki page for the Coquette. Besides wasting space on the vehicle purchasing websites, topless cars are also much more expensive than their (topped?) counterparts in some cases. The Stinger Topless is $21,000 more than the standard Stinger, even though the Standard Stinger has a felt roof which could logically be placed down anyways. 

This situation is also annoying for people like me who actually own some of these cars (I own a Stinger and a Voltic.) The only way i could possibly remove or add the roof to my cars is by buying a whole new car. Not that i would ever think of putting a roof on my Stinger, but the option should at least exist for people who want it.

What are your thoughts?

• Timely, itrpatrick and TCMike like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

What is up with these new account guys asking for thoughts/opinions ect?

• Anger Personified, Killzone3265, RoachKiller_416 and 3 others like this

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

At first I thought you were talking about topless cars as in convertibles, but you're talking about how they simply remove the entire top part of the car, without adding the ability to put the roof back up like the two versions of the 9F. Knowing that, I actually agree with you that it should be an option to install or uninstall the roof in LSC for these cars.

A car that should also have the option should be the Entity, as a version of it's real life counterpart is able to remove the roof section.  

I'd imagine it's a lot like how both you and I have technical support questions as our first posts.
:p

• Ninja_Gear and TCMike like this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Pippin' like a reticle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

The Coquette has the option for a carbon fiber roof. I got stuck with the roofless version back when I bought it in November and the first thing I did was put the roof on it because I was bullet magnet without it.

Instead of the option of paying even more money for a roofless version (bcuz kesh kurds huehuehue), the top could just phase on and off of the roof like in Test Drive Unlimited 2 with the non drop top convertibles. Yes it has an effect on "teh realism", but it's better than dropping money on something you'll want to change on a regular basis.

iProGam3r
  • iProGam3r

Hakosuka or Hachiroku?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

I like what we have now so no, no to this thread.

eroch
  • eroch

Self-Absorbed

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Because I noticed no other thread talks about how little sense the situation with Topless Vehicles make, but there's 1000 threads all complaining about jets or tanks or chradders. So instead of having people reading make dupe topics later on, they can reply to this one with what they have to say.

• Blingy, billy-pilgrim and Timely like this

AllDay808HI
  • AllDay808HI

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

Because I noticed no other thread talks about how little sense the situation with Topless Vehicles make, but there's 1000 threads all complaining about jets or tanks or chradders. So instead of having people reading make dupe topics later on, they can reply to this one with what they have to say.
I swore a [locked] thread like this had existed before.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

im still waiting for the next "what cars from previous titles do you want" thread

Zhake
  • Zhake

I own LSPD tint in the regular Pistol and looks gr8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

So do you prefer the "veterans" who never make threads and only complain or insult just because they don't like the post?

• Blingy likes this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

Best driver at UPS

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:36 AM Edited by BigJoe_1, 23 July 2014 - 01:37 AM.

How about a Targa top vehicle.

A Surano Hardtop it's was so crappy the fact that R* can give us a hardtop convertible BMW but they can't give us a hardtop version of the one in game car the resembles the modern Jaguar F-Type.

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

"Don't say my cars topless, say the titties is out."-Nas
  • Blingy, Ermac., KoingWolf and 4 others like this

AIDSfromMeth
  • AIDSfromMeth

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

i have the topless stinger

AtchooMatchew
  • AtchooMatchew

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

My initial thought was, "What the hell is this guy into?"

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

You don't understand why they added an option to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars instead of tens of thousands?

The same reason everything is expensive as f*ck.

My thoughts? You couldn't handle those.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:20 AM Edited by jcph3, 23 July 2014 - 07:21 AM.

I think R* should have left it alone, if you want a roofless Stinger you have to buy one 6 times to get it!!! 

Still the best $2.8 million I ever spent  :cool:

Stinger_pan_2.jpg

• Anger Personified likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Because a topless version is more sought after therefore driving the prices up

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

so much stuff to add for nextgen...  brilliant!

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

mmmm topless vehicles.....

i hope the high roller update allows more than one hooker in my convertible topless while driving across Los Santos

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

So do you prefer the "veterans" who never make threads and only complain or insult just because they don't like the post?

Yes, I rather have some old hag bitching and a good old fashioned flamewar, then a new guy acting as if he's getting a hard one by hearing our thoughts and opinions. 

eroch
  • eroch

Self-Absorbed

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

Yes, I rather have some old hag bitching and a good old fashioned flamewar, then a new guy acting as if he's getting a hard one by hearing our thoughts and opinions.
I'm not getting a "hard one," I simply wanted to bring attention to a seemingly reasonless feature in this game that is only detrimental to those owning these vehicles. By asking other people's opinions, I hoped to see either A: more of an interest in strange features of the game like this or B: see if anyone had a solution.
  • Blingy likes this

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:31 AM Edited by gorskiegangsta, 01 August 2014 - 12:38 AM.

Topless Coquette (aka. Coquette 2) has an LSC option to add a carbon roof. Coquette1 has a non removable painted roof.

You don't understand why they added an option to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars instead of tens of thousands?
The same reason everything is expensive as f*ck.
My thoughts? You couldn't handle those.

How does having specific buy options make it 'expensive as f**k'? Previously, one had to use trial and error to get a specific version of a car (regular Stinger being a good example). Some have spent over 2M total on that. Now it's less than 900k.
  • Blingy likes this

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Merryweather IMF

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

I'm not getting a "hard one," I simply wanted to bring attention to a seemingly reasonless feature in this game that is only detrimental to those owning these vehicles. By asking other people's opinions, I hoped to see either A: more of an interest in strange features of the game like this or B: see if anyone had a solution.

Don't listen to em.

A lot of people on here are complete idiots & and are passive aggressive as f*ck. Not to mention the amount of kids on this forum, it's downright sickening. 

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

this will never be implemented into the game for the same reason you can't take rust off a voodoo. For instance, the stinger topless and soft top are two completely different cars as far as the game thinks. Therefore rockstar compromised with us by allowing those (like myself) who want a topless stinger can just buy it instead of getting lucky and maybe getting when you purchase the hard top variant. Was it right no. But its a simple fix and that's what rockstar's all about I'm afraid.

tommyboy9413
  • tommyboy9413

Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

I have a bit of a beef with the topless variants of cars released in the High Life Update. I can see the slowpoke responses coming from a mile away, but I'd like to get my thoughts out. 

I don't really understand why they added the ability to pay for a convertible version of cars instead of just adding a option in LSC to buy a roof or not.

Topless cars:

Banshee

Coquette

Stinger

Voltic

Forgive me if I'm imagining things, but I remember using a Coquette in Single-Player near release and having the option of buying a roof. This is backed up by the trivia on the wiki page for the Coquette. Besides wasting space on the vehicle purchasing websites, topless cars are also much more expensive than their (topped?) counterparts in some cases. The Stinger Topless is $21,000 more than the standard Stinger, even though the Standard Stinger has a felt roof which could logically be placed down anyways. 

This situation is also annoying for people like me who actually own some of these cars (I own a Stinger and a Voltic.) The only way i could possibly remove or add the roof to my cars is by buying a whole new car. Not that i would ever think of putting a roof on my Stinger, but the option should at least exist for people who want it.

What are your thoughts?

You forgot the Peyote and Manana.

Agent_Ace
  • Agent_Ace

heavy sniper > jets

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:05 AM Edited by Agent_Ace, 01 August 2014 - 01:11 AM.

Don't forget the Tornado.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

I thought this was a pretty decent topic, to be honest. I thought it had a good topic idea, and good first post with actual meaning. You're right, OP. We should have options for this, I don't understand why we don't. In a strange way, I like the Daytona with the roof up in the game more than the convertible. I wish it didn't have those goddamned tall ass seats.

And then a lot of you guys came into here with a big dick and tried to act like a couple of King f*cking Dingalings. I'm the type of nigga you love to hate, but Jesus I seriously f*cking despise majority of you that have posted in this topic. You've been here for a game release, stop acting like you saw the first coming of Christ.

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Yeah I wish this was an option in LSC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users