Next Gen Transfer - Multiple Consoles.

51 replies to this topic
JÄGER
  • JÄGER

สายด่วน miami

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

My ps3 psn account is different from my ps4 psn account (different names) will I still be able to transfer?

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

All your info is saved on the socialclub cloud so on PC you'll log onto your social club account etc which will allow you to load your character on there, if you link your xbox account to your social club when you have a ps4 one or vice versa I'm pretty sure you can use the character.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

It should be characters being synced across platforms.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

A while back ago, R* confirmed that we will be able to transfer our current gen (Xbox 360 and PS3) gen characters to next gen (XBOne, PS4, PC) when the game releases. That got the majority of the community happy (myself included), but I'm not quite satisfied just yet.

Some of us have multiple consoles, and multiple friends with whom we want to play this game. I was wondering what R* will be doing for these players. I, for example, want to buy the game on the PC for the mod community, but I also want it on the Xbox One for playing with a large number of my friends. 

I personally would prefer that R* does something where they save characters on the cloud. They're currently doing this, but what I mean is that the characters are on the cloud, and that we can access them from any console by simply logging into our SC accounts on that console. Also would be great to save characters using this feature.. What I mean is that if we level up on the Xbox One, we also level up on whatever other next gen consoles we have (maybe even current gen).
So like, I am level 67 for example. I level up to 68 on PC, but decide I want to go play Xbox One. I level up to 69, but then get bored again and go back to PC. Once I log into the PC, I am level 69 since I had that level on Xbox. Same goes for money, properties, vehicles, etc.

What does everyone think? Could this happen or am I just dreaming? What does everyone think will happen? Let me know!

PC is barely a fraction of the customer base, and they are not all playing on the same standard equipment. It makes no sense.

djdest
  • djdest

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

So what would happen when you have a modded car that you own on the PC, how would it appear on the PS4 for example?
It sounds like a major headache that isn't needed.

I doubt it would ever happen (and I hope it doesn't!) 
There really is no need to want to play the same game on multiple platforms, it makes no sense.

Choose the one you prefer most and stick to it

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

I'm also hoping this transfer isn't just a one way thing, but I honestly cannot image that we're able to transfer between different consoles more than once.

Just let us all start from scratch. No cloud saving errors, modded money, or crazy exploits. 

f*ck no. So everything we worked to accomplish since launch should just go away? I for once wouldn't be interested in the new-gen releases if that was the case.

People who glitch, hack, mod or whatever will not stop just because everything is reset. Yes people who don't have glitched or hacked money have a disadvantage over people who did, but that will not change regardless of a reset. People will still do it.

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

... I'm waiting to see if we can have our player "travel" into whatever city gta6's online will be based in... then we can start to build some serious stats

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Beginning PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:58 AM Edited by The7thOne, 23 July 2014 - 09:58 AM.

This concerns me, I always thought from the day I created my character on launch that "This will be my character, my step into the online world of GTA. I will start from Los Santos, and heck, maybe one day explore the entire world"

Think about it. If let's say, a level 1000 (legit) wants to transfer his/her character to multiple consoles, but can only choose one? Doesn't make sense.

Also, your character is tied to your Social Club ID, it's in the cloud.

Another thing, considering the fact that GTAO will be getting map expansion DLC, it would only, and ONLY make sense to make your character cross platform.

That is all.

Bartell
  • Bartell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

Right I'm just confused now

I have a PS3 and have played GTAO since launch. I'll be upgrading to PS4 version and transferring to that but I have two questions:

1) can I still go between PS3/PS4 using the same character after transfer or once transferred is PS3 info lost?

2) I have an XB1 too - If i wished to play on that is it possible with same character that i use on PS3/4 or do I need to start over?

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Why are you all going off topic to debate a feature which has already been announced? There's no reset. Character migration was a big part of the next-gen announcement, so the chances of that changing are almost non-existent. Get over it.

OT: I'll also be buying the game on PC and a console (PS4 for me). I'd love for this to be a feature but I think that the ability to have an account on multiple platforms would be such a game changer that they would announce it at the same time they announced the character migration feature. Could be in the works, but I doubt it.

I set up a secondary PSN and did all the dirty underhanded things I don't do on my main account, so at least if I have to pick an account to transfer to PC, I'll have one with enough money to function. All I want from PC is movie editor and what I hope will be an easier to use Content Creator anyway.

Bartell
  • Bartell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

There really is no need to want to play the same game on multiple platforms, it makes no sense.

I play for the social aspect and will play over PS3 and 4 and probably XB1 as I have different gaming friends on each! It isnt a prefer most thing its purely a social thing to game with different people for me - so there is a need to me.

Crossed Sabres
  • Crossed Sabres

Bad Bish

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by Crossed Sabres, 23 July 2014 - 05:26 PM.

I play for the social aspect and will play over PS3 and 4 and probably XB1 as I have different gaming friends on each! It isnt a prefer most thing its purely a social thing to game with different people for me - so there is a need to me.

Me too, this is what I posted earlier, but I don't expect people to read through threads.  The ADHD these days is at an all time high.

I have friends on both Live and PSN that I'd like to play with.

I think another issue is the allowance of user-created jobs on one platform.  There are a ton of cool races available for Xbox that I'd like to play on PlayStation, why is this such an issue?  Nothing about the game is different in terms of the creator and they're stored in the R* cloud.  I don't see why something like this can't be addressed either.

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

I was wondering something similar just yesterday, I have a 360 & Xbox One chances are I'll get GTA5 for the One and my crew will all still be on the 360. It would be handy to transfer just one of my characters so I can play on either system, can't see it happening though.

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

I really don't care about anyone's stats honestly, hell mine are positive and speak for themselves as to what type of player I am (as far as im aware), but I rarely mention them on the forums, and it's only fair if we lose them amd start over together.

That is your opinion and has little to do with fact.

My opinion is it's not fair, as I have been playing the game from the start and thus have a right to keep my level.

I dislike selective replying... What's the point in even continuing to debate something if 90% of what's said is ignored for cheap jabs? 

To reply to that out of context quote, stats are not a conclusive way to tell something about someone and how they play the game, but mine at least show that I do play GTAV and successfully compete at what it has to offer online. All meaning that my opinion isn't a valid candidate to just be shrugged off and grouped with, as you put it, "lower levels." 

It's your opinion that my opinion is unfair, and that's perfectly fine, I've already explained myself probably a little too much. 

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

To reply to that out of context quote, stats are not a conclusive way to tell something about someone and how they play the game, but mine at least show that I do play GTAV and successfully compete at what it has to offer online. All meaning that my opinion isn't a valid candidate to just be shrugged off and grouped with, as you put it, "lower levels."

As I said, if you really believed as you say, you'd end all the talk/typing and put your money where your mouth is...i.e...start from zero.

mrpodo100
  • mrpodo100

Grandmaster Sexy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

I hope there's a N64 version coming out soon. Maybe SNES too.

Jeffryyyy
  • Jeffryyyy

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

will not happen, they are currently happy that the PS3 problems arnt on the 360 version (modding/hacking)

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

PC is barely a fraction of the customer base, and they are not all playing on the same standard equipment. It makes no sense.

I don't think 5,000,000 potential PC customers is barely a fraction considering Xbox One hit that many a few weeks ago.

I hope there's a N64 version coming out soon. Maybe SNES too.

Already came out.

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

if it's gonna happen, it's gonna be between consoles only because pc mods.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Honestly, I'm also for a total reset of GTA Online for the new generation. Just let us all start from scratch...

Meh, speak for yourself, I'm not interested in losing my level 360 and level 161 characters cause other people want us to all start, "even stevens".

Only people that want that are people who are of lower levels.

Yeah seriously dude, what Malev said. 

I don't feel like starting at the bottom of the barrel on my characters again. If you wanna start fresh, make a new account. 

As for the thread itself, I think that's how it should be. Your characters are saved on the cloud, not the system. So say if my PS+ subscription runs out on PS4 and I can't re-subscribe right away, I could just plug in my PS3 and still be able to play online until I was able to on the PS4. 

Not to mention the fact that it's entirely do-able and would be an excellent selling point and perhaps even make R* more money in the long run since it would most likely encourage those who have both a console and a gaming PC to buy those versions in addition to their old gen version, that person would essentially be buying the game 3 times. 

Futo4life
  • Futo4life

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

If i have a ps3 but get the xbox one version for next gen, will my character switch over?

Zidnex
  • Zidnex

Wizard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:36 AM Edited by Zidnex, 04 August 2014 - 04:37 AM.

Honestly, I'm also for a total reset of GTA Online for the new generation. Just let us all start from scratch...

Meh, speak for yourself, I'm not interested in losing my level 360 and level 161 characters cause other people want us to all start, "even stevens".

Only people that want that are people who are of lower levels.

Spoiler

Not to mention the fact that it's entirely do-able and would be an excellent selling point and perhaps even make R* more money in the long run since it would most likely encourage those who have both a console and a gaming PC to buy those versions in addition to their old gen version, that person would essentially be buying the game 3 times. 

Completely agree with you man. It would probably make Rockstar more money because a lot of people would be buying it cross platform. We already have the game, I can tell you I would not be buying it in next-gen if there were no character transfer (well, not until some exclusives are released) because I don't want to pay for a game that I already own. But since they did add character transfer, I will be buying it and many others will be too. Same goes for cross platform via the cloud. I will not be buying cross platform if I have to restart, it's not worth my time. But if they do have cross platform, hell, I'll even buy a PS4 so I can own it on all of the new releases (X1, PS4, PC)!

If i have a ps3 but get the xbox one version for next gen, will my character switch over?

Yes, you can transfer from whatever current gen console to whatever next gen console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users