Next Gen Transfer - Multiple Consoles.

51 replies to this topic
Zidnex
  • Zidnex

Hiding from the US since 2001

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

A while back ago, R* confirmed that we will be able to transfer our current gen (Xbox 360 and PS3) gen characters to next gen (XBOne, PS4, PC) when the game releases. That got the majority of the community happy (myself included), but I'm not quite satisfied just yet.

Some of us have multiple consoles, and multiple friends with whom we want to play this game. I was wondering what R* will be doing for these players. I, for example, want to buy the game on the PC for the mod community, but I also want it on the Xbox One for playing with a large number of my friends. 

I personally would prefer that R* does something where they save characters on the cloud. They're currently doing this, but what I mean is that the characters are on the cloud, and that we can access them from any console by simply logging into our SC accounts on that console. Also would be great to save characters using this feature.. What I mean is that if we level up on the Xbox One, we also level up on whatever other next gen consoles we have (maybe even current gen).

So like, I am level 67 for example. I level up to 68 on PC, but decide I want to go play Xbox One. I level up to 69, but then get bored again and go back to PC. Once I log into the PC, I am level 69 since I had that level on Xbox. Same goes for money, properties, vehicles, etc.

What does everyone think? Could this happen or am I just dreaming? What does everyone think will happen? Let me know!

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I think it's a waste of time and resources . You represent a small number in the community .
  • Clueless Muffin, Toke, NecroNeedle and 3 others like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 22 July 2014 - 10:11 PM.

You are just dreaming. Lets leave it at that.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Yes, it's how it should be.

For me it's mostly because we have two X360's in the house, and me and my partner go online together, if we get an Xbone then chances are we'll only be getting one.  So when one of us was playing alone, we'd use the Xbone, but if playing together we'd use the X360's.

The only possible problems I can see would be

- IF "the cloud" is actually on servers that run the game service - e.g. XboxLive, and

- IF someone hacked one version - the huge RP and huge cash would end up on every other platform as well.

I'm not expecting it, but it is a feature I'd be very interested in seeing.

Johan
  • Johan

Kaioken!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Uh.. isn't that how it's going to be? At least that's what I assumed when they first announce that, not sure why you're not taking it the same way.

• Heists likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

I think it's a waste of time and resources . You represent a small number in the community .

That's why I'm not expecting it :(

Uh.. isn't that how it's going to be? At least that's what I assumed when they first announce that, not sure why you're not taking it the same way.

All I'm expecting from what they said, was that I'd be able to start up an XBone and import an XBox360 profile so I didn't have to start my character from scratch.

It would be fantastic if it actually did let you switch between as you wish.

• ~TKP~ likes this

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Exploits and modding will always be problems on the current generation of systems. The new generation should be a refresh for GTA Online, and as such, a one way transfer would work best. 

Honestly, I'm also for a total reset of GTA Online for the new generation. Just let us all start from scratch. No cloud saving errors, modded money, or crazy exploits. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Exploits and modding will always be problems on the current generation of systems. The new generation should be a refresh for GTA Online, and as such, a one way transfer would work best. 

Honestly, I'm also for a total reset of GTA Online for the new generation. Just let us all start from scratch. No cloud saving errors, modded money, or crazy exploits. 

I think you'll find the next-gen version unlocks new glitches. Possibly not as severe but lot of it will be new code - untested by the bulk populous. I wouldn't expect it to run perflecty.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Right now, booting up your gamer profile on another Xbox will just load your characters without even having a save file present because of the cloud. So my guess is, you just enter your SC ID and it will load your characters without any problems.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

Right now, booting up your gamer profile on another Xbox will just load your characters without even having a save file present because of the cloud. So my guess is, you just enter your SC ID and it will load your characters without any problems.

Can you do this between PS3 and Xbox?

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Honestly, I'm also for a total reset of GTA Online for the new generation. Just let us all start from scratch...

Meh, speak for yourself, I'm not interested in losing my level 360 and level 161 characters cause other people want us to all start, "even stevens".

Only people that want that are people who are of lower levels.

• Toke, ZeroF0rce, RoachKiller_416 and 1 other like this

BarryRiley
  • BarryRiley

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

As one of many people who will be going from 360 to PS4 it would be handy, but extremely unlikely

ZeroF0rce
  • ZeroF0rce

Invite-Only Maestro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Honestly, I'm also for a total reset of GTA Online for the new generation. Just let us all start from scratch...

Meh, speak for yourself, I'm not interested in losing my level 360 and level 161 characters cause other people want us to all start, "even stevens".

My main character is barely 100, and my second char. is like 32 and even I don't want evens at launch. That'd be pretty crappy

• Miss Malevolent likes this

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

I am speaking for myself? 

And I am not a lower level, just someone who doesn't see too much of a point in keeping my meaningless stats from an online game that was obviously with issues from the start. 

With all the bugs and exploits in the game, any new content offered will be meaningless if we all still have hundreds of millions of dollars in glitched and/ or gifted money. At the least it'll mean that everyone who played by the rules now will be at a disadvantage to those that didn't, because we won't be able to afford any of the cool new stuff. That's messed up in my opinion, why not start over with ways for players to make money using the economy Rockstar envisioned from the jump? Instead of grinding Roof Top Rumble 150 times every day. 

My opinion might not be popular, but I feel it's at least valid, and not really possible to write off by calling it something "lower levels" want. Unless you're the type to just put fingers in your ears to any argument.  

• Maineah likes this

Zidnex
  • Zidnex

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by Zidnex, 22 July 2014 - 10:40 PM.

And I am not a lower level, just someone who doesn't see too much of a point in keeping my meaningless stats from an online game that was obviously with issues from the start. 

With all the bugs and exploits in the game, any new content offered will be meaningless if we all still have hundreds of millions of dollars in glitched and/ or gifted money. At the least it'll mean that everyone who played by the rules now will be at a disadvantage to those that didn't, because we won't be able to afford any of the cool new stuff. That's messed up in my opinion, why not start over with ways for players to make money using the economy Rockstar envisioned from the jump? Instead of grinding Roof Top Rumble 150 times every day. 

My opinion might not be popular, but I feel it's at least valid, and not really possible to write off by calling it something "lower levels" want. Unless you're the type to just put fingers in your ears to any argument.  

Wait, I get what you're saying for the most part. Even though I am not for this idea, I understand where you're coming from.

But then you say "instead of grinding Rooftop Rumble 150 times every day."

What does that mean? People who are grinding that are obviously getting their money legit. It's not their fault that they actually play the game and dedicate themselves to it. I personally think that if someone goes and grinds money legitimately, then what's the problem with that? The person got their money legit, and they should be allowed to keep it. 

Just my 2 cents. Maybe I misunderstood, maybe you didn't specify correctly, I'm just going by what I read.

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

I have two consoles and could care less about moving stuff over. I don't care what anyone else does, but I am starting fresh. I have already deleted a 160+ and 75. Goofing around on a 30 here and there just waiting. I am hoping it will feel a least a little new and get me excited about it again.

I also can't wait to be in all the lobbies with some real noobs. I remember it being insane on the first Gerald mission.

• godziller likes this

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by KoingWolf, 22 July 2014 - 10:50 PM.

Spoiler
Wait, I get what you're saying for the most part. Even though I am not for this idea, I understand where you're coming from.

What does that mean? People who are grinding that are obviously getting their money legit. It's not their fault that they actually play the game and dedicate themselves to it. I personally think that if someone goes and grinds money legitimately, then what's the problem with that? The person got their money legit, and they should be allowed to keep it. 

Just my 2 cents. Maybe I misunderstood, maybe you didn't specify correctly, I'm just going by what I read.

It's not that grinding that or any other mission nonstop is any kind of problem to me, it's that making money should be much simpler. When GTA Online was announced and even after it launched, we've seen a lot of possibilities that Rockstar has wanted to use to allow players to make money. From heists, to the stock market, and better paying missions. They haven't been able to do any of it, instead focusing seemingly most of their efforts on stomping out the next big glitch. (At least I'd hope so, otherwise they are busy doing... who knows what?)

Presumably, if we were to start over, we'd be given these options and more to make plenty of money to actually enjoy the online component, instead of having to grind out missions and making the game more of a chore. So basically, everyone gets reset, at least money wise, and can make money a lot easier in the next generation. 

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

I find that stupid to have to buy a second the game whereas we bought it on old-gen, if rockstar had announced the kind of GTA V version next-gen, much of players would not have taken GTA V version old-gen and they would have taken it at his exit on PS4 and Xbox One, therefore rockstar is malignant because they will earn much more money thanks to the people who for the second time will buy GTA V on next-gen simply because graphics will be better. I prefer to keep my PS4 for GTA VI when it leaves.

Zidnex
  • Zidnex

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

Spoiler

It's not that grinding that or any other mission nonstop is any kind of problem to me, it's that making money should be much simpler. When GTA Online was announced and even after it launched, we've seen a lot of possibilities that Rockstar has wanted to use to allow players to make money. From heists, to the stock market, and better paying missions. They haven't been able to do any of it, instead focusing seemingly most of their efforts on stomping out the next big glitch. (At least I'd hope so, otherwise they are busy doing... who knows what?)

Presumably, if we were to start over, we'd be given these options and more to make plenty of money to actually enjoy the online component, instead of having to grind out missions and making the game more of a chore. So basically, everyone gets reset, at least money wise, and can make money a lot easier in the next generation.

I get what you mean now. Yeah, I agree with you, I would much rather prefer that people can have a larger amount of stuff to do rather than having to grind for money. I think the best way to go at this point is no big money reset, seeing as how many players have bought the Shark cards, but yeah right away do the variety for all the people so people don't need to grind. I'm not sure on how they can do a money reset, that's why I would much rather them not do it. Like I said, people have bought shark cards, people would get mad, etc. 

eroch
  • eroch

Self-Absorbed

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Allowing you to use your account on any console at any time probably won't ever happen but I'm waiting for the day when a dev/publisher grows a pair and allows at least a one-way transfer between Xbox, Playstation, and PC instead of just from 360-One or PS3-4.

Zidnex
  • Zidnex

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Allowing you to use your account on any console at any time probably won't ever happen but I'm waiting for the day when a dev/publisher grows a pair and allows at least a one-way transfer between Xbox, Playstation, and PC instead of just from 360-One or PS3-4.

Whatthey are doing is a transfer from current gen to any next gen console. So if you have a 360 right now, and you get a PC or PS4, you can transfer to that.

• ~TKP~ likes this

eroch
  • eroch

Self-Absorbed

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by eroch, 22 July 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Whatthey are doing is a transfer from current gen to any next gen console. So if you have a 360 right now, and you get a PC or PS4, you can transfer to that.

You mean they are allowing us to do that, or that you want that to happen? I'd love for that to happen, but I don't know if it will.

buddy23
  • buddy23

Better Than You

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

What about the exclusive content that will be on the ps4? You won't be able to access it if you want to get back on to your 360 for example.

I think it is a good idea though. The more flexible, the better.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

And you can do that, don't migrate, start from zero. Your problem and people like you is, you're only fine with a reset if everyone else gets reset too.

If you really believed as you do, then don't migrate start from zero and don't concern yourself with others accounts not being reset.

X S
  • X S

Fuggedaboutit

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by Crossed Sabres, 23 July 2014 - 12:51 AM.

Bought GTA V for PS3 and can't wait to migrate to Xbox One.  NEVER ONCE have I lost a connection using Xbox Live, but I constantly get disconnected on PS3.

I bought it on PS3 because it was one disc, and I like to buy single-player games on PlayStation.  I bought all my Multiplayer games for 360, but I never expected GTA Online to become what it is today.  I should have purchased it on 360, and I still regret it.

Here's my dilemma though, I made some good friends on PS3 that I like to play with, but I'd like to play with the friends I have on Xbox as well.  Seeing that many of my PS3 friends may or may not be migrating to next-gen, let alone the Xbox One, I will have to leave them behind to continue my progress on next-gen.  Even if I bought a PS4 just to play with my PlayStation friends, I'd have to create a separate account just to play on Xbox One.  But that's dead in the water because there's no way I'm going to shell out $400 just to play GTA V on PSN.  Has Sony even improved their network yet?

First world problems...  :r*:

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

And you can do that, don't migrate, start from zero. Your problem and people like you is, you're only fine with a reset if everyone else gets reset too.

If you really believed as you do, then don't migrate start from zero and don't concern yourself with others accounts not being reset.

But... I enjoy the game.

I really like my cars, the property in the country on my secondary meth headish character is awesome, the Valentines Day mask is neat, and I really like the musket. Come GTA Online on PS4 I doubt I'd be able to get any of that back without months of /work/ if it's based on the current broken system of making money. I don't play games for another job, I play them to relax.

In a perfect world, we lose the money, the stats, and the leaderboards are cleared, but we keep the stuff. The money is earned back through a refined GTA economy. No more grinding and such, as I've tried to explain with my previous posts on this thread.

What's with this "problem with people like you" business too btw?

You're far too quick to judge and throw me into some pool of others, but all I have is a different opinion than yours, that's all. I don't loop you in with stat elitists and all that just because you want to keep your stats.

I really don't care about anyone's stats honestly, hell mine are positive and speak for themselves as to what type of player I am (as far as im aware), but I rarely mention them on the forums, and it's only fair if we lose them amd start over together.

For example, you get to keep those 50 race wins to unlock Turbo, while I have to scrape them together again, using stock cars? That's work, there's no fun there. I also have to re-unlock all that sh*t I did before for the tattoos and car mods? That's just stupid to put myself through, and it doesn't define some issue in my character or flaw in my opinion.

Mobile, sorry for any weird formating or spelling errors.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

I really don't care about anyone's stats honestly, hell mine are positive and speak for themselves as to what type of player I am (as far as im aware), but I rarely mention them on the forums, and it's only fair if we lose them amd start over together.

That is your opinion and has little to do with fact.

My opinion is it's not fair, as I have been playing the game from the start and thus have a right to keep my level.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

given R*'s record with the online launch of this game a one way/time transfer that actually works would be all i would ask for. having a real time cloud update across all platforms is a bit of a pipe dream i think.however i would not waste my money on this title on a next gen system. same game made to look a bit more pretty doesn't do it for me. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

I'm nearly back to 5mil legit and I'm happy to go to ps4 with no money. But what I really need now to continue playing is advanced gear with a high lock levels. I'm running out of reasons to play as I approach level 300. Especially now that all the new hooker rich glitchers afforded buzzards. I'd love to see new choppers and planes that unlock at level 200, 300, even 500 at this stage and by ps4 we are going to need level 1000 unlocks.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

I'm nearly back to 5mil legit and I'm happy to go to ps4 with no money. But what I really need now to continue playing is advanced gear with a high lock levels. I'm running out of reasons to play as I approach level 300. Especially now that all the new hooker rich glitchers afforded buzzards. I'd love to see new choppers and planes that unlock at level 200, 300, even 500 at this stage and by ps4 we are going to need level 1000 unlocks.

I don't understand why they didn't add some sort of 'prestige' system with high-in-demand unlocks every 100 levels up to 1000 (i.e. mansions)...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users