How will rockstar prevent heist grinding

19 replies to this topic
Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Do you think there will be a timer or something or the heists will take hours of planning or exremely hard or maybe there is a risk involved? Like having to pay for materials to do the heist and if you fail that all goes to waste?

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

*clicks start heist*

[You must wait ##:## before you can start another heist]

• kilopm, ZeroSafe5615, FAT CURRY and 2 others like this

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

By not having them in the first place?

What did I win for providing the correct answer?

• PaperChasin11 likes this

PS3_Pan
  • PS3_Pan

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

No, they wouldn't be bothered to code in a timer.  R* instead will just let you sit in the clouds with a picture telling you to buy cash cards for two hours instead of loading you into a session.

• Fearx-- likes this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

It will cost three times more money in ammo to do it than you will make

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by mareepx, 22 July 2014 - 09:41 PM.

I imagine that along with planning, heists would be missions that last around half an hour.

Now taking into account funmw2s findings, when replaying a heist the max take is $450,000.

So one would have to pull off a perfect heist to get that $450,000

And lester takes a 20% cut doesn't he? That's $360,000.

If you share that equally between 4, that's $90,000 each for 30 mins. I'm pretty sure you earn more $ by doing RR for 30 mins.

Shared between 6, that's $60,000 etc.

And in 30 mins of heisting I would expect lots of ammo to be used.

remember each RPG rocket costs $500, and each sticky bomb costs $510-600 (my price varies)

so ammo costs may take quite a bit out of the take.

EDIT: so basically not very grindable

• DaTwista, kilopm, FAT CURRY and 1 other like this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Pippin' like a reticle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

*clicks start heist*

*1 hour after heists come out and the cool down is discovered*

"Hey YouTube, what is up guys, this is AnnoyingYouTuberTwat666 with a video today on how to bypass the heist timer. First I'd love for you guys to like and subscribe to me if you haven't already because liking my videos and subscribing really helps my videos get out there. Also a shout-out to my homie XxxYolo666swagXxx for discovering this glitch, I'll link to his channel in the description and put a big old annotation in the video so you can check out his awesome gaming videos."

• Gantons Most Wanted, Lamborghini1335, Day Reaper and 8 others like this

PS3_Pan
  • PS3_Pan

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

*clicks start heist*

"Hey YouTube, what is up guys, this is AnnoyingYouTuberTwat666 with a video today on how to bypass the heist timer. First I'd love for you guys to like and subscribe to me if you haven't already because liking my videos and subscribing really helps my videos get out there. Also a shout-out to my homie XxxYolo666swagXxx for discovering this glitch, I'll link to his channel in the description and put a big old annotation in the video so you can check out his awesome gaming videos."

*5 minutes later* "with that said lets get started its really simple takes like 10 seconds and is one step and you're done" *10 seconds later* "thanks for watching now enjoy me talking for 5 more minutes about liking and subscribing and random news going on in my life today."

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

I reckon that heists will have aimbot enemies that spawn directly behind you and such.

• Lamborghini1335, Fearx-- and Wavesittich like this

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

POGO The Wonder Monkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Why prevent it at all?

Just cause you either don't have the time or friends or skills too grind doesn't mean you should sh*t all over everyone elses fun.

As long as they are not being hacked, grind, grind, grind away. its the only real way of ranking up and gathering funds.

Been grinding Method to the Madness with friends, getting $17,000 (or so) and 5680 RP every 7 minutes or less..

They changed Coveted, but the RP is still low and not worth the effort. That helicopter they send after you? I blasted it out of the sky with my Buzzard, but it still showed as actively flying even though it was a burned out carcass on the ground, the people inside were still alive and shooting at me.

If U R not grinding for cash & RP then U R not playing the game. Free mode is a huge waste of time and ammo.

So when Heists finally come out (most likely not until PS4 and PC are released) they better be worth OUR time and effort or NO one will be playing them.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Why prevent it at all?

Just cause you either don't have the time or friends or skills too grind doesn't mean you should sh*t all over everyone elses fun.

As long as they are not being hacked, grind, grind, grind away. its the only real way of ranking up and gathering funds.

Been grinding Method to the Madness with friends, getting $17,000 (or so) and 5680 RP every 7 minutes or less..

They changed Coveted, but the RP is still low and not worth the effort. That helicopter they send after you? I blasted it out of the sky with my Buzzard, but it still showed as actively flying even though it was a burned out carcass on the ground, the people inside were still alive and shooting at me.

If U R not grinding for cash & RP then U R not playing the game. Free mode is a huge waste of time and ammo.

So when Heists finally come out (most likely not until PS4 and PC are released) they better be worth OUR time and effort or NO one will be playing them.

Soo.. why do you grind for cash & RP if you think free mode is a waste?  To be the richest & highest rank doing piss poor jobs?  doesn't sound like that much fun to me.  BTW grinding RR by myself gets me 18.5K every 5 minutes.

• Wavesittich likes this

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'd imagine that's what the job points are for, you'd have to earn x amount to open the heist.

Ikeblaster
  • Ikeblaster

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:04 AM

1st time 100% cash

2nd 30% cash

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

It should be just like in the normal game, except if any of the setup missions are failed, the entire heist is automatically failed.

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

prep time plus heist execution time plus minimum number of required players plus diminishing returns on repeating heists

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Heists in online? I will believe it when i see it.

RicoSuave87
  • RicoSuave87

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

The bigger question I have is how is R* going to deal with the people who intentionally sabotage the heists for everyone OR pulls a Joker via the Dark Knight and kills everyone mid-robbery

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:57 AM Edited by maybeanotherone, 24 July 2014 - 01:57 AM.

The bigger question I have is how is R* going to deal with the people who intentionally sabotage the heists for everyone OR pulls a Joker via the Dark Knight and kills everyone mid-robbery

It will work like contact missions where we can't kill eachother.

you die you loose your cut.

we won't be able to sabotage anything but our own role...

that's why heists will have varied outcomes.

heist will need prep missions and crew, there will be no option for quick heists with randoms.
you need friends and crew

mrdiamond666
  • mrdiamond666

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

***Why did you make the names have 666 in them? Most 666 players in games are usually cool, not like those fake @$$ "christians".... those are the ones to watch our for!!!***

*clicks start heist*

FedoraTheExplora
  • FedoraTheExplora

#GameSphereMasterRace

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

By not having them in the first place?

What did I win for providing the correct answer?

A cookie with rainbow chocolate chips.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users