Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you use the flashlight mod?

75 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use the flashlight mod? (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use this magical flashlight?

1. Yep. (43 votes [19.37%])

Percentage of vote: 19.37%

2. Nah. (103 votes [46.40%])

Percentage of vote: 46.40%

3. Sometimes/on some guns (70 votes [31.53%])

Percentage of vote: 31.53%

4. What's a flashlight? (6 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote
LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

I only have a flashlight on a basic pistol and I rarely use it,I have it just in case I want to see something better in the dark.I don´t think I ever used it in combat,maybe only against NPCs in a few missions.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

only in magic land. The Silencer does nothing other than nerf the damage and range of your gun. You can go in the middle of the desert with no one around and fire off a couple of Silencer shots, One star and Police start coming after you.

The light has no use! there is no where on the map dark enough that the light is going to help you in any way. Just makes you easier to spot

So what you are saying is, you simply do not understand the functions of either mod.

So what you are saying is, you do not understand that the mods have no function other than getting "Fully modded" award. If the nice thoop thoop sound and a flashy, blinky flash light does it for you, then awesome

Lol you show your age, and grasp of the subject matter with these incoherent ramblings.

Do I use a fleshlight?  Bit of a personnal question isn't it?

Oh wait, misread the OP.

only in magic land. The Silencer does nothing other than nerf the damage and range of your gun. You can go in the middle of the desert with no one around and fire off a couple of Silencer shots, One star and Police start coming after you.

The light has no use! there is no where on the map dark enough that the light is going to help you in any way. Just makes you easier to spot

So what you are saying is, you simply do not understand the functions of either mod.

dwight-schrute-meme-generator-are-you-me

There are several functions and uses he makes no mention of in his idiotic ramblings, but i assume with your meme you don't understand them either?

We seem to understand them a lot more than you ever will.

Elsy
  • Elsy

War never changes...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

I only use it on my second tier weapons same goes with the silencer. A little variety is always welcome.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Only on my normal/starter pistol. IF I didn't remove it too.

bluefoxx
  • bluefoxx

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

never waist of money

spelunking.uranus
  • spelunking.uranus

Can I have a cheesburger? LOL

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

there is no flashlight mod.  You can buy a flashlight attachment for guns in the ammunation but there is no mod.  Do you also think that using your controller to make your character in GTA walk forward is hacking?  LOL :D

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

I have it on a couple of the assault rifles as imo it looks great, and on the AP Pistol.

Also handy for pointing things out to people when exploring

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

there is no flashlight mod.  You can buy a flashlight attachment for guns in the ammunation but there is no mod.  Do you also think that using your controller to make your character in GTA walk forward is hacking?  LOL :D

If it is over your head i will explain, the gun is modified to carry a flashlight, hence the term mod. Dictionary.com might be a good place to work on your word comprehension and vocabulary.
  • Crunch McThornbody and JayDM420 like this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

If it is over your head i will explain, the gun is modified to carry a flashlight, hence the term mod. Dictionary.com might be a good place to work on your word comprehension and vocabulary.

You might want to check out Condescension.com, although it sounds like you've already spent a lot of time there.
  • Sangers likes this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

Estuans interius...

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

In retrospect, if I were a PC gamer and GTA V was on PC, I'd consider getting a flashlight mod (as long as it's better than the attachment, of course). Of course, I'd also pack in some realism mods, mods that make it darker simply so I can feel better when using the flashlight, and so forth.

I envy you, PC gamers. I truly do.

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

No. It's got terrible range (about 5 metres), can be seen by others from 3 miles away, looks ugly, and is turned on by default.

I have it on my P90 (or PDWR of whatever you gun guys claim it is) for when it's needed, but the only places dark enough are the gang attacks under the Highway (near the SP Police buffalo spawn) and the RR garage in evenings before the lights turn on. Both of these situations I never experiance :/

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

I quickly realised that when fighting other players in freeroam it tells the other player you're aiming at them and where you're hiding, so no more flashlights on my guns ever.

I also turn off my car lights when driving, makes it harder to spot you from a distance and I actually find it easier to see the road & obstacles without them turned on.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

You might want to check out Condescension.com, although it sounds like you've already spent a lot of time there.

Lol, your link appears to be broken.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

In retrospect, if I were a PC gamer and GTA V was on PC, I'd consider getting a flashlight mod (as long as it's better than the attachment, of course). Of course, I'd also pack in some realism mods, mods that make it darker simply so I can feel better when using the flashlight, and so forth.

I envy you, PC gamers. I truly do.

Im sure pc gamers will mod it into a spotlight :p
  • Joekill95 likes this

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

Self-explanatory. I've considered using it due to the minor annoyance of trying to take out specific NPCs in the dark, but so far, I've only ever used it once.

TBH, I don't find it all that useful, honestly. Plus, I could see it giving away your position in PvP, so that might be another downside. I know you can turn it off and all, but still.

First poll, please don't hurt me...!

This is the general problem with the flashlight mod. There is a seldom very slight advantage use against NPCs, but its a huge burden because although you can try to turn it off, it often defaults to turning back on and will surprise you and give your position away to other players. Risk far outweighs reward, I removed flashlight from all my weapons.

I suck at deathmatches, so I need every little bit of advantage I can get - no flashlights, all black paint, all black clothes and black mask, silencers on everything.

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:20 AM Edited by TheGoodSgtScooter, 24 July 2014 - 03:22 AM.

As the Mayor of Paleto Bay, I make sure that my officers and security guards have a flashlight on them at all times of the night.
As for me however, I have it some guns that I feel lose something in the dark, although they did come in handy in the Great War of Paleto Bay and Los Santos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users