• Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

az_thestrainlogo.png

CREATOR: Guillermo del Toro
NETWORK: FX

The first solid series about vampirism in a long time?
"A thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease
Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral
outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team,
and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself."

Don't be put off by the slightly corny summary above. I just finished watching the first two episodes,
and I found them pretty spectacular. Actors seem genuine, and it's really well written. It's got such
an intense feeling to it, which you rarely get from these sorts of shows, maybe with the exception of
Lost and True Blood to a degree. More than worth a watch. At least check out the trailer. :^:

DISCUSS!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

It's been pretty good so far. It feels like quintessential del Toro. Especially with the little French girl.
  • Azazel likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

Yeh I watched the first two episodes and it's looking like a good series so far. Been waiting for a good horror series.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

It looks great, but I'd argue that it's the first solid vampire show in a long time. From Dusk Till Dawn is pretty damn solid.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

The whole thing on how the contagion is being covered up is really ruining it for me. A rapid spreading contagion that makes people look like monsters yet the whole world doesn't know about it? After the incident at the old folks home, a cover up would have been impossible.

Twitter must not exist in this series.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Did you miss the part where that blonde chick messed up the internet so nothing would work properly?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

Did you miss the part where that blonde chick messed up the internet so nothing would work properly?

Ah, I forgot about that.

Regardless, out of the around 50 people at the old folks home and all of the people at the Intersection where the FBI Agents died, one of them would have talked to the press and the police officers that respond would have flipped out to seeing the dead bodies.

Wether the internet is up or not, hundreds of people witnessing monsters running around would be impossible to contain so it keeps giving off a "Thats stupid" feel.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Well in their defence New York is a very big city, and seeing as even phones don't work well...

N7Operative84
  • N7Operative84

N7 Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:11 AM

As someone who doesn't watch a lot of TV, I find this show refreshing. It is something different , in contrast of what TV offers which is , dumb generic fluff. I am glad , it got picked up for another season.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Been enjoying this show more and more each week. Tonight's episode in particular has made things even more interesting. Really good show, lovin it.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

Glad they finally introduced Quinlan, this guy's creepier than any other character.

phunkism
  • phunkism

I'm a grill btw

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

I loved last episode, Quinlan is based as f*ck

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm hooked on this show. Started off a bit... slow, and we had to watch an idiotic comment about a plane, but otherwise, top stuff.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

It's really hitting it's stride. Action packed.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

It's one of the best shows around right now, hopefully it won't suffer the same fate as TWD where the first season is great and it gradually gets worse from the second season.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:50 AM

I sure hope this series is done playing "Wheres my Ex-Wife?".

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 4 days ago

It's one of the best shows around right now, hopefully it won't suffer the same fate as TWD where the first season is great and it gradually gets worse from the second season.

I think it's worse. All the characters turned into c*nts. Must be some kind of record. Too much bitching, irrational moaning and plot holes galore. And if you're going to reveal the face of the master vampire this early on, how about not making him look like he could be employed at Gringotts? He looks like a cross between a goblin and Yao Ming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users