Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Jets be more accessible?

98 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Jets be more accessible? (188 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like Jets to be more accessible (eg spawning at airport etc)?

1. Yes, but have separate lobbies for those who want them to spawn everywhere (8 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

2. Yes, all lobbies should have much easier access to jets (30 votes [15.96%])

Percentage of vote: 15.96%

3. No (150 votes [79.79%])

Percentage of vote: 79.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

I know many would probably prefer they were even harder to obtain than they are atm. But I for one would like to see more of them.

I remember the glory days of GTA IV Gay Tony, dog fighting in buzzards endlessly. I'd enjoy lobbies that are filled with people in Jets.

• XXCrimsonXX likes this

tommyboy9413
  • tommyboy9413

Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Yes and no. Mostly no because they're already overpowered and if they spawn everywhere, there would be tons of them flying everywhere destroying everything. Tanks are already bad enough.

m3tal z_DKI
  • m3tal z_DKI

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

No.

MichaelK91
  • MichaelK91

Come on over and lick my Banana Bread!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:38 PM Edited by MichaelK91, 22 July 2014 - 01:40 PM.

I would say as well, yes and no. I wish you had an option where there was "No, but have separate lobbies for those who want them to spawn everywhere". As if they spawned in every lobby everywhere, a lot of people would not want to play GTA because of immense trolling jetfags. I would prefer there are lobbies for those types of people, For people such as myself, who do not like armies of jets, it is fine just the way it is. Just like there is a counter to tanks (Sticky Bombs and RPGs), there should be a counter to jets (Stinger Missiles and SAMs).

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Only if there's an easier way to take them down from the ground. Currently the only 3 ways are with a tank, RPG or sniping, and every skilled jet pilot will never in his life get taken down by a RPG or sniper.

• Semperfiman550 and Lesbian_farts like this

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

I don't know how much more simpler you could make it to get one. If you grab the one in the hanger you don't even get wanted stars till your in the thing.

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Cloak and Dagger

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

I Love flying the Jet, but honestly the best way to make them accessible is just make a civilian variant with no weapons that you can buy on Warstock. That would enable us to train with the Flight engine for the Lazer, then when needed go and nick an armed one from the Military base.

Easiest way, really.

• ten-a-penny, Intoxica7ed, oidgod and 1 other like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:50 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 22 July 2014 - 01:52 PM.

comparin jets to IV's buzzard *facepalm*

anyway, jets should be buyable for maybe 5-10millions but it should only get delivered by pegasus at Fort Zancudo.

samething should be done to the tank, make them spawn at the fort.

all this while providing "innocent" players some sort of countering weapon

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Sprunk Can

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Dear God no. They're fun to fly if you're a competent pilot, but I see enough dicks and squeakers cause trouble with them as is. I shudder at the thought of R* letting those clowns just purchase one from Warstock. If they do, I hope they troll the hell out of those dirtbags by making it that you need to be level 100 and it costs 10,000,000 to buy. I'd imagine that's enough of a cap to deter the general population of squeaker pilots.

• NubcakeVII likes this

Akl3in
  • Akl3in

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

The last thing anyone wants is for more idiots in lazers flying around and blowing everything up

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Beginning PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Not on last gen.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by huckmonkey, 22 July 2014 - 02:06 PM.

They should be less accessable but purchasable for an extremely high price at rank 120 or higher. In which case they become easily accessible from multiple locations for a delivery fee by pegasus. Cops turn blind eye should not work in the base, and jets should spawn less.
  • MatthewH likes this

MichaelK91
  • MichaelK91

Come on over and lick my Banana Bread!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Dear God no. They're fun to fly if you're a competent pilot, but I see enough dicks and squeakers cause trouble with them as is. I shudder at the thought of R* letting those clowns just purchase one from Warstock. If they do, I hope they troll the hell out of those dirtbags by making it that you need to be level 100 and it costs 10,000,000 to buy. I'd imagine that's enough of a cap to deter the general population of squeaker pilots.

If I am to be honest, I am with you on this one.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

No

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

No Jets are fine as they are as are tanks now. 

• Jedi_n1te likes this

ShiviSRT-10
  • ShiviSRT-10

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

I think it would be better if they made some sort of vehicular deathmatch type thing for them, kind of like a lobby though, so that there is no time or kill limit...you just sort of enter the lobby, spawn in a jet and dogfight till you're bored, then you can quit. I'd hate for them to be easier to get in normal lobbies, as I'm getting quite good and atm I use them to take out tanks and get bounties, but if they were more accessible, I would definitely grief with them, so no to that! :p

TheJackalSega
  • TheJackalSega

Levelled Up

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Not on last gen.

Give me one good reason. One.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

No, let them as they are now -_-

ReignMillions
  • ReignMillions

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

The problem isn't the jets are easy/hard to get or anything like that, the problem is when someone is dominating a free roam in a jet, it is easy for him to camp Fort Zencudo and stopping anyone else from getting a jet to stop his killing spree. 

Where as if anyone can get one from anywhere on the map (like calling a buzzard) it would stop this and be a greater good. So many people have the option to buy a tank but I rarely see any in free roam any more, I think the same would happen if you could call a jet, they would instantly become less prestigious and would stop the one man mayhems.

• StormerBoy and BigBrother67 like this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

i aready withness a mama boy squeaker crashed his lazer jets to murrieta oil field . before i can even reach him , he leaves immediately

he's a douche as he think i'm a rapist while i just watching TV

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Sprunk Can

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

The problem isn't the jets are easy/hard to get or anything like that, the problem is when someone is dominating a free roam in a jet, it is easy for him to camp Fort Zencudo and stopping anyone else from getting a jet to stop his killing spree. 

Where as if anyone can get one from anywhere on the map (like calling a buzzard) it would stop this and be a greater good. So many people have the option to buy a tank but I rarely see any in free roam any more, I think the same would happen if you could call a jet, they would instantly become less prestigious and would stop the one man mayhems.

The way I tend to take out douchejets is by using my heavy sniper and picking the jet's health off until it explodes. It's a great method because they think only a tank or another jet can stop them, but I've taken down six or seven jets with this method.

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

your drinking buddy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

nope

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Only if there's an easier way to take them down from the ground. Currently the only 3 ways are with a tank, RPG or sniping, and every skilled jet pilot will never in his life get taken down by a RPG or sniper.

If the sniper has the right perch then there's a very good chance he'll down a jet, even of a good pilot. Two or three well-aimed engine shots and the smoke starts pouring and it's only a matter of time before - BOOM! The very top of a crane is a good perch because it's narrow and there's not much chance of splash damage.

Jets should not be more accessible. It would be the heights of tedium to see lobbies crowded with the f*cking things.

ReignMillions
  • ReignMillions

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

The way I tend to take out douchejets is by using my heavy sniper and picking the jet's health off until it explodes. It's a great method because they think only a tank or another jet can stop them, but I've taken down six or seven jets with this method.

Yeah that's all well and good, but not when he is a competent pilot and you find yourself caught in the open. 

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Sprunk Can

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah that's all well and good, but not when he is a competent pilot and you find yourself caught in the open. 

Run for a spot you can take cover in. Competence of the pilot is irrelevant. If you have a good spot to dash to when they fly by so you can avoid damage but snipe the jet with patient shots, that's all it takes. If you can aim with a sniper rifle, you can take down a jet if you're patient.

russler97
  • russler97

russeler97

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Yes, but you should have to buy the missiles and ammo for them say $1000 per missile?

ReignMillions
  • ReignMillions

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:40 PM Edited by ReignMillions, 22 July 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Run for a spot you can take cover in. Competence of the pilot is irrelevant. If you have a good spot to dash to when they fly by so you can avoid damage but snipe the jet with patient shots, that's all it takes. If you can aim with a sniper rifle, you can take down a jet if you're patient.

There are some places on the map there is no time to run for cover so I stand by what I said. If someone snipes, I'll take high strafes. 

Disclaimer: my video isn't monetized so the amount of views I get are irrelevant. I don't even like flying the jet, this is usually the result of getting annoyed by someone else in a jet, evicting him from the sky them subsequently taking it out on the poor fellows in the same lobby ...

All it takes is looking at the map now and again and stopping anyone heading towards the Fort.then I have freedom of the skies. People should be able to call for the jet to stop this happening. and like I said before, just because people can, doesn't mean they always will. Like with the tanks, I rarely see any of them anymore.

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

They aren't hard to get now, just get better at the game I guess

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

I know many would probably prefer they were even harder to obtain than they are atm. But I for one would like to see more of them.

I remember the glory days of GTA IV Gay Tony, dog fighting in buzzards endlessly. I'd enjoy lobbies that are filled with people in Jets.

AKA Scrubs who were bad at killing on foot so jumped into buzzards...

• GankThis110 likes this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

It's fine how it is now. Having Lester turn a blind eye for 5 cents helps too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users