Photo

Installer of Simple Native Trainer

18 replies to this topic
One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:14 PM Edited by One Man Standing, 22 July 2014 - 02:15 PM.

Hello, so I create installers for scripts, for beggining modders (as i were one), so I thought that I should help them! :evilgrin: 

:rampage: Do not repost my installers without my permission :rampage: 

Also, I accept requests for any other script mods.

I would really accept if you would credit me, and my youtube channel somewhere  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie: 

you could even make a video of my installer  :santa:  I also could installers for scripts for LCPDFR ;)

My first installer of Simple Native Trainer (only for GTA IV, not EFLC yet, if you want, just ask!)
 keybindings in readme file!  :r*:    :rah:   http://www.mediafire.../tinstaller.exe

By the way, I could make installer for your programs (off-topic)

One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by One Man Standing, 22 July 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Hello, so I create installers for scripts, for beggining modders (as i were one), so I thought that I should help them! :evilgrin: 

To everybody: I already said that this stuff is for begginers, who are stuck finding tutorials/don't understand anything.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Why make an installer for something that you literally drag and drop?

• InfamousSabre likes this

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

^ +1

One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

Dude, i already said for B E G G I N E R S who are stuck finding how to install or just don't understand anything

Jitnaught
  • Jitnaught

✰✰✰✰✰✰

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

You would have to really be a noob to not know to read instructions (no offense to you).

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:02 PM Edited by byteMe420, 22 July 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Well some people arent computer nerds like us so this is needed for people like that. Lucky for some people they know how to use a PC because maybe their job or maybe they study computers in school or maybe they are just giant video game nerds that are on PCs 24/7.

So to TS... in this forum, there is mostly a bunch of nerds that gather and discuss coding. This is why u are receiving negative comments. Put this in the Mod Showroom and maybe people there will appreciate it.

• Jitnaught and Wiebrendh like this

Noox
  • Noox

changeScriptAbility(&myScriptAbility, "improve");

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

This is something I don't get, you want to make an installer for the installer of a program?

NOLABaby8732
  • NOLABaby8732

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

This is something I don't get, you want to make an installer for the installer of a program?

Honestly, this makes since I used to code programs in VB.net and they wouldn't be compiled with an Installer... but they were literally drag  on desktop and run programs so they didnt need one...

Noox
  • Noox

changeScriptAbility(&myScriptAbility, "improve");

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Honestly, this makes since I used to code programs in VB.net and they wouldn't be compiled with an Installer... but they were literally drag  on desktop and run programs so they didnt need one...

I didn't understand what he meant.

byteMe420
  • byteMe420

allah akbar!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:24 PM Edited by byteMe420, 22 July 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Off the top of my head, if your app requires resources to be setup in windows to function and the install script only needs to be run once prior to use then an installer is good (In this case u should also write an uninstaller to properly clean whatever u do to windows... i hate installing apps that leave a mess behind). It is also good if u are releasing your app for public use and the install requires putting multiple files in the correct place.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by InfamousSabre, 22 July 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Instead of enabling people to be ignorant by making "an app for that", try writing a quick tutorial on how to read (irony) and/or follow instructions.
It would be a good idea to include a section for mod writers as well. One on how to write installation instructions, since some don't seem to include them at all.

Not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with these 'installers'. They won't benefit the community in any way.
OpenIV has this same feature using .oiv installation packages, and all It has accomplished is enabling the aforementioned ignorance, and stopping myself and a select other few from trying/using mods that use them (The latter is, of course, our own decision however). Keep in mind that OpenIV has the ability to modify game archives; something I seriously doubt your installers can do. (feel free to prove me wrong of course)

• Jitnaught likes this

One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

No, I meant, like you create a new program, without an installer, I could make one. 

One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by One Man Standing, 22 July 2014 - 08:50 PM.

To everybody. This was made for people who creates mods, and wants more people, to use and appreciate them but most of them don't read README files and don't have patience to look at the tutorial video. So they just throw the mod out, complaining it was useless to other people who MIGHT HAVE JUST downloaded it.

EDIT. just like NOLAbaby8732 said, the people don't read the readme file and simply don't understand to drag 'n' drop the files.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by InfamousSabre, 22 July 2014 - 08:56 PM.

To everybody. This was made for people who creates mods, and wants more people, to use and appreciate them but most of them don't read README files and don't have patience to look at the tutorial video. So they just throw the mod out, complaining it was useless to other people who MIGHT HAVE JUST downloaded it.

That bold area is their own personal issue. If they can't do a simple thing like READ, they have no business sitting at a computer in the first place.
Again, ignorance.

If you want to help these people, educate them.

• Jitnaught likes this

TemporaryAccount7
  • TemporaryAccount7

Needs help

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Guys appreciate him. atleast he did some work.

One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

Most of my friends don't know english too good totally HATE reading. That makes me sick. But, there are some others (like me) that READ and understand. So, they tell that the mod is total sh*t, and impossible to understand. That way, any other people will not download. That's the problem. Ineducated people. They won't let your mod become popular. Like in my country, lazy-to-read people are very much, AND if your mod is like ICEnhancer (might have misspelled), it would really need an installer: y'know multiple files...

Michael Wojtanis
  • Michael Wojtanis

Rinepim

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by Michael Wojtanis, 23 July 2014 - 03:33 PM.

I think this is bad idea.

If Your friend HATE read, do not understand basic instructions in readme [1. Copy "GTA_5_HUD.dll.net" and "GTA_5_HUD.ini" files into "Scripts" folder into main GTA IV folder"] they just are very young and should not play GTA IV. Today english is important to do ANYTHING on computer. You can also translate the basic instructions and most of them should be translated very good.

I do not know how others codders but i do not want be so popular. I make something to people who enjoy this.
And You think if somebody can't read readme and he will write in forum "HEY PEOPLE, MOD XYZ IS SHIIT BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW ENGLISH", he will be taken seriously? I make mods for adult people [adult in brain] for adult game. I know, today main target is 12-14 years old people... they click, listen, watch anything. If You will make videos for them = many views. This is normal.

Also - coding is not needed to get multiple files... We could seperate files and make script multi-thread but ScriptHookDotNet is great to do all in 1 file. Coding is wrong section. Map instalers, ped instalers, textures... That should be Your target. :)

Edit: My writing-english is very bad... But if somebody can't read english after playing english games, then he should wait some years when he get two-numbers age :)
  • leftas likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

If one can't do a drag 'n drop, he'll fail at specifying the game directory for the installer too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users