Photo

Lionel Starkweather was initially going to be in this game, wasn't

4 replies to this topic
The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

I remember about 10 years ago (Man, has it been 10 years already?), sometime before this game was coming out, I read how the character Lionel Starkweather, as in the insane director from "Manhunt," was originally going to be in this game. I thought it would have been interesting as Rockstar was probably going to have "Manhunt" linked with the GTA series. If I recall, there were a few references in the game to GTA, like the portraits from "Vice City" on the walls, same with Ryton Aide being in the first level. I also felt like the floor plan of Starkweather's mansion was a little similar to Tommy's mansion.

Anyway, I read how there was going to be missions for Starkweather, how he was going to shoot a movie with Steve Scott and all that stuff, but I read on the GTA Wiki how it was all scrapped as Rockstar felt that it didn't fit in with the game. Personally, I don't think it would have mattered as that portion could have worked as a strand for non-storyline missions like how Zero's missions were. Sure, Zero may have been introduced in the main storyline, but those missions were irrelevant for the storyline. I could make SOME kind of exceptions to the other non-storyline missions like the car showroom missions for the garage as that involved Cesar, and Kendl and Zero were seen in the cutscenes. Also, the heist missions had some kind of relevance because of Woozie and Zero being involved, not to mention a "friendly call" from Salvatore Leone after the heist was done.

I remember looking up the San Andreas page on IMDB back in 2004 and Brian Cox's name was listed in the cast credits for this game back then, and then it disappeared. I wonder if Rockstar ever had Cox do some voice work before the bit was scrapped. Also, anybody ever notice the pedestrian who looked like Starkweather? I thought that was an interesting nod to "Manhunt."

• BassicalyDrunK likes this

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Not to forget the blueprints of his estate

Starkweathersestate.jpg

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by lil weasel, 08 August 2014 - 04:29 PM. Caution for bad posting comment

Nice Bump.

<< Bad comment... If a post offends you, is in the wrong location, or violates a Forum Rule don’t respond to it. Just use the Report Post Feature to explain why you believe action is needed. If you have nothing substantial (and on the topic) to contribute do not post. >> {lw

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

So, is there any proper evidence for this aside from the unreliable GTAWiki?

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Fan Fiction.

It's only been discussed on dumb wikis, WikiGTA and GTAwikia.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users