Quantcast

» «
Photo

Psychological Descriptions of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor

18 replies to this topic

Poll: Psychological Descriptions (72 member(s) have cast votes)

What Word Would You Use to Describe Michael Psychologically?

1. Sociopath (20 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. Psychopath (7 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

3. Narcissist (35 votes [48.61%])

Percentage of vote: 48.61%

4. Neither of the Three (10 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

What Word Would You Use to Describe Franklin Psychologically?

1. Sociopath (20 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. Psychopath (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

3. Psychotic (4 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. Neither of The Three (46 votes [63.89%])

Percentage of vote: 63.89%

What Word Would You Use To Describe Trevor Psychologically?

1. Psychopath (50 votes [69.44%])

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. Sociopath (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Schizophrenic (11 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

4. Neither of the Three (3 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Now I'll just keep this short and sweet because I'll probably get a lot of tl;dr post if I don't (or maybe because I'm just to damn lazy to make a long post). So basically if you guys had to pick one of the three psychological terms I just listed for each character, (or the None of the Three option) which would it be and why. My list would have to be this:

Michael -  Narcissist 

Trevor - Surprisingly, None of the Three

Franklin - Psychotic

Discuss and Enjoy! 

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• V Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

Quick question OP, should your topic title be Psychological Descriptions of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor?

OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

Oh, my bad.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• V Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Sorted

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Going to take a break. Not sure when I'll be back.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

Michael = Narcissist

Franklin = Neither

Trevor = There should be an option for all of the above

• Revenge of the Donut likes this

Skeever
  • Skeever

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

Michael: Narcissist

Franklin: None

Trevor: Voted for Sociopath, because of his dominance over the weak (such as Ron and Floyd), although he definitely fits the description of the other two poll options, as well. Like someone else said, an "All of the above" option would've been good for Trevor.

Mr. Tibbs
  • Mr. Tibbs

I feel 10 feet tall right now, and as strong as an ox

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

Trevor: None

Mike: Sociopath

Franklin: Psychopath 

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

How do some of you justify Franklin and Trevor being none of them?

Skeever
  • Skeever

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Franklin isn't enough of a sociopath for me to vote for that option, him killing people (usually in self-defense) doesn't make him a psychopath, and I don't see him as psychotic. As for Trevor, I'm not sure why some people found him to be none of the three options listed in the poll.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:50 AM Edited by jkim_1, 23 July 2014 - 01:52 AM.

I went out on a limb and voted that Trevor is schizophrenic (his behavior also consists the traits of someone who has Bi-polar disorder and Borderline personality disorder). I think deep down inside that Trevor does not have malicious intentions against anyone.

I'll say that his killing of Floyd and Debra were malicious and uncalled for, but the two did pull out weapons against each other and Trev may have felt that his own life was in danger.

Other than that, Trevor's murders are usually reactive, not proactive. Being schizophrenic, you are unable to think reactively. Many schizophrenics will show erratic behavior in an uncomfortable situation while a "normal" person may be merely nervous and anxious. Trevor's murders of Johnny, Ortega, O'Neil's, etc. were a result of anger and distraught over the lack of success in his business (except for Johnny, which was a bunch of sh*t that piled up in the moment), so his logic was to just take them out. Logical thinking is usually also non-existent within people who suffer from schizophrenia.
  • G.S.T and OneManCrimeWave like this

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:34 AM Edited by Revenge of the Donut, 23 July 2014 - 03:38 AM.

Well Michael is overly defensive against practically anyone who criticises him, hypocritical and self-centred, plus he wants it all: dangerous criminal lifestyle as well as an ordinary family life (unrealistic expectations.) So I'd say he's a narcissist based on his egoism as well as the fact that he's very materialistic.

Franklin I chose non of the above, can't call him a narcissist he is nowhere near as false as someone like Michael, can't call him a psychopath either because I Don't see delusions of grandeur or him getting a thrill out of killing, as for sociopath, he Isn't controlling enough over others, I.e. you don't see him manipulating weaker people through fear/bullying as you see Trevor do to Floyd or wade, plus the fact that he cares for an animal (chop) goes against the sociopath profile too. Yeah he does kill for a living but he doesn't get off on it.

With Trevor it's tempting to say all of the above, but the fact that he mourns Michael when he thought he was dead, the way he was with Patricia, also the way tries to please you know who after the final mission by getting her meds then having the breakdown afterwards shows a side that craves love and acceptance which is a bit of a counter weight to the more psycho/sociopath if aspects of his personality, it's quite hard to actually pin down what Trevor is exactly in it's entirety.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

Sociopathy and Psychopathy is the same thing boy.

Michael is a narcissist and an egoistic maniac

Franklin is greedy and maybe schizophreniac because he TALKS TO f*ckING DOGS

Trevor possibly has antisocial personality disorder

Colognenigguh
  • Colognenigguh

OG

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Michael none of the above

Franklin psycotic he is normal most of the time but man he talks to dogs thahahh and maybe it could be a referencw to him smoking to much weed and not reacting positive about it

Trevor Psycopathic he definetly knows about his actions at least most of the times and is extremly manipulative to people

Mr. Tibbs
  • Mr. Tibbs

I feel 10 feet tall right now, and as strong as an ox

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Franklin isn't enough of a sociopath for me to vote for that option, him killing people (usually in self-defense) doesn't make him a psychopath, and I don't see him as psychotic. As for Trevor, I'm not sure why some people found him to be none of the three options listed in the poll.

Frank even said to Lester during the Hotel Assassination mission that he didn't like that he had to kill Brett Lowrey. 

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Frank even said to Lester during the Hotel Assassination mission that he didn't like that he had to kill Brett Lowrey.
than he says in the assassination with that guy with the hooker that he didn't feel bad any more?

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

As for Mike, I don't need to really elaborate on why he is a narcissist. One of my friends is just like him without the killing but he always talks about himself and it's annoying.

Franklin might just be a paranoid. He doesn't do well under pressure which might just be a sign of insecurity. You can cite his efforts to get back with Tanisha or when he is unable to make a decision when Devin comes to his house..... Mike or Trevor would've just known to plan on taking out Devin if they were in Frank's shoes.

JulioG45
  • JulioG45

dimebag hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Michael is for sure a classic narcissist,he was the highschool jock,hes so fake and shallow hes even fake to himself with his narcissistic delusions,Trevor seems to have the negative symptoms of schizophrenia because he rarely hallucinates,like the time he went looking for a pill truck for you know who,or when he trips and franklin laughs he leaves and asks a random grove street member what he said,and then knocked him out when the grove street member was innocent,I didnt think much of that until now,he was hearing voices, he is cold and sociopathic like people with negative symptoms of schizophrenia, franklin is really smart and slighly narcissistic but nowhere near michael, maybe it was a defense mechanism he subconsciously created when he was fat,as he may state when hanging out with michael,he reads books and makes beats or djs  if you look in his old houses room.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Michael - Stockholme Syndrome

Trevor   - Analrapist

Franklin - Straight up Busta

Terrell
  • Terrell

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

I agree 100%with jkim1 as labeling Trevor as a schizophrenic. He also punches out that cgf member who Trevor believes he heard an insulting voice from him. But going out on a limb is understandably intimidating seeing as how that completely undermines fans perception of Trevor as a badass, which makes à lot of them get defensive like their hero had been shown to not be what he was advertised as.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users