Photo

[Q|CLEO|SA] - StreamIniExtender crashes game at launch

12 replies to this topic
photodotexe
  • photodotexe

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by photodotexe, 21 July 2014 - 10:52 PM.

First post! Hello world!!

I've been searching the internet for about two months - troubleshooting this problem whenever I've had free time. It seems as if personally reaching out to the community is my last remaining option, as I'm clearly the only person who has documented having this problem. However, I'm still convinced I'm not the only person who is having it. Hopefully this thread helps other people as well.

I'm trying to use the GTA SA StreamIniExtender CLEO modification by Deji to remove the daytime heat haze, grass, and some vehicle lighting bugs on SAMP. When I'm looking to download the mod, most links just point to a site with a MySQL error. For example, one straight from this site: http://gtaforums.com...m-ini-extender/.

I was able to get my hands on a copy of the modification eventually, and it included a stream.ini file, a readme.txt file and a StreamIniExtender.cs file. I have CLEO 4.3.16 installed, though I've yielded the same results with 4.2a as well. I'm using the 1.0 US version of gta_sa.exe, though I've yielded the same results with 1.0 EU as well.

I'm putting Stream.ini in the GTA San Andreas root folder - replacing the one that was already there, and I'm putting StreamIniExtender.cs in the GTA San Andreas\CLEO folder, per the readme. When I launch the game (SAMP and Single Player), this is the crash I get: http://notepad.cc/deamochu99. Now, I've tried renaming "stream.ini" to "streamSAMP.ini", but it didn't seem to help. I'm also understanding that CLEO 4 is backwards compatible by naming .cs files .cs3 instead. I've tried that, and the game launches successfully, however that's because it is disregarding the file all together. If I open up the CLEO log file, these lines of text indicate a problem:

----With .cs extension (crashes game)----
21/07/2014 18:23:14.025 Searching for cleo scripts
21/07/2014 18:23:14.025 Loading custom script StreamIniExtender.cs...
21/07/2014 18:23:14.025 Registering custom script named StreamI

----With .cs3 extension----

21/07/2014 18:50:45.011 Searching for cleo scripts
21/07/2014 18:50:45.011 Loading custom script StreamIniExtender.cs3...
21/07/2014 18:50:45.011 Registering custom script named StreamI
21/07/2014 18:50:46.318 Unregistering custom script named StreamI
21/07/2014 18:51:05.686 Closing SoundSystem...
21/07/2014 18:51:05.686 Freeing BASS library
21/07/2014 18:51:05.686 SoundSystem closed!
21/07/2014 18:51:05.686 Deleting fxts...
21/07/2014 18:51:05.686 Unloading scripts...
21/07/2014 18:51:05.686 Deleting inactive script named StreamI
21/07/2014 18:51:05.686 Log finished.

I've even tried using a different computer, but I'm yielding the same results. I've tried on an AMD and Intel chipset. I've tried on an ATI and NVidia chipset. Nobody else has reported having this problem. How do I fix this!?

Thanks everyone!

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Luna is best princess!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:16 AM Edited by MrMateczko, 22 July 2014 - 09:19 AM.

Use the older 4.1.1.30f version of CLEO here:
http://rghost.ru/55004279 (official site was down at the moment, so used mirror)
And don't change the extension to cs3, just leave it as cs.
I don't find a reason to use newer versions.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Is this some kind of a joke?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by Deji, 22 July 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Well, starting with the "MySQL error" - amazingly I never updated the link to the mod, so it's pointing to an application on the website which no longer exists. There used to be a nice redirection to handle that, but I've also since updated MySQL-related stuff which obviously isn't reflected in the redirection.

Here's the proper link, I'll update it in the topic as well - you might want to make sure:
http://gtag.gtagaming.com/mods/

There's not much else I can say since you're trying to use it for SA-MP, which it doesn't support. The script is open source and I believe someone has attempted a SA-MP version, hinting that the original is known to not work in SA-MP, but I've no idea where in the web that is. Also, from the error provided I can see that the error is related to actually processing the script - according to SA-MP's "SCM Op" value, either the opcode 0446 was used incorrectly (in a completely different script, since SIE doesn't use that) or Stream Ini Extender has been re-compiled by an amateur who has caused the opcodes to compile incorrectly, thus making the script engine think the opcode 0446 is being used, when in fact it isn't. Re-downloading from the source should work if the latter is true.

And yes, due to an oversight in Stream Ini Extender, you'll have to use CLEO3 compatibility mode in the more recent versions of CLEO4 in order for it to work.

Finally, these lines do nothing but indicate the possibility that Stream Ini Extender is actually working perfectly and the problem is somewhere else:
An inactive script is one which has terminated itself, which is what Stream Ini Extender does after it has finished processing the stream.ini and applying relevant memory changes. After that, any crash is either due to memory it has tried to change (in which case your .exe is incompatible) or nothing to do with Stream Ini Extender at all, or at least, not it specifically, but possibly due to it being combined with another mod (e.g. SA-MP).

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Luna is best princess!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Is this some kind of a joke?

No, I had problems with newer versions, and no problems with this version.
Unless some CLEO script will require the newer version, I'll not use it.
Oh, and I don't play multiplayer, but he wrote that he has problems in singleplayer as well.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

No, I had problems with newer versions, and no problems with this version.

Why not bugreport it to Deji?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Luna is best princess!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:24 AM Edited by MrMateczko, 23 July 2014 - 10:25 AM.

As long as there's link to the older version, I don't feel the need.
And we're getting off-topic.
I'm just proposing a maybe useful solution, nothing more.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm just proposing a maybe useful solution, nothing more.

Lets look at that logically... CLEO 4.3 is 4.3, and CLEO 4.1 is 4.1. 4.3 - 4.1 = 0.2, so CLEO 4.3 is in fact at least meant to be 0.2 better than CLEO 4.1, so for you to suggest 4.1 hints you're not trying help but to push a biased opinion - either that, or you don't have a clue what you're talking about :p

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Luna is best princess!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

I do admit I've never done much testing on the latest CLEO, will check it out when I'll start modding SA again.
But still, back to the OP, just look at Deji's post and you'll be fine.

maurice96
  • maurice96

_Caspboy_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by maurice96, 23 July 2014 - 05:36 PM.

just run is cleo 3 compatibility mod like the rest of the world! Rename the file extension to .cs3

photodotexe
  • photodotexe

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Well, starting with the "MySQL error" - amazingly I never updated the link to the mod, so it's pointing to an application on the website which no longer exists. There used to be a nice redirection to handle that, but I've also since updated MySQL-related stuff which obviously isn't reflected in the redirection.

Here's the proper link, I'll update it in the topic as well - you might want to make sure:
http://gtag.gtagaming.com/mods/

There's not much else I can say since you're trying to use it for SA-MP, which it doesn't support. The script is open source and I believe someone has attempted a SA-MP version, hinting that the original is known to not work in SA-MP, but I've no idea where in the web that is. Also, from the error provided I can see that the error is related to actually processing the script - according to SA-MP's "SCM Op" value, either the opcode 0446 was used incorrectly (in a completely different script, since SIE doesn't use that) or Stream Ini Extender has been re-compiled by an amateur who has caused the opcodes to compile incorrectly, thus making the script engine think the opcode 0446 is being used, when in fact it isn't. Re-downloading from the source should work if the latter is true.

And yes, due to an oversight in Stream Ini Extender, you'll have to use CLEO3 compatibility mode in the more recent versions of CLEO4 in order for it to work.

Finally, these lines do nothing but indicate the possibility that Stream Ini Extender is actually working perfectly and the problem is somewhere else:

An inactive script is one which has terminated itself, which is what Stream Ini Extender does after it has finished processing the stream.ini and applying relevant memory changes. After that, any crash is either due to memory it has tried to change (in which case your .exe is incompatible) or nothing to do with Stream Ini Extender at all, or at least, not it specifically, but possibly due to it being combined with another mod (e.g. SA-MP).

Thanks for updating that link Deji, I just downloaded the mod and put the file in my CLEO folder (renaming the extension to .cs3). If those two lines of text suggest that things are working, then that's great! I'm SO sorry - I must have not read that it wasn't supported with SAMP. If I had known that, I wouldn't've even asked for help. I can't believe I missed that...

Well, right now the game is running fine on the latest CLEO release with the mod in compatibility mode. However, I'm not sure how I can be sure that it's actually working. Entering "nosound" doesn't seem to disable any audio, so I only assume it's not working. I also disabled heat haze and that seems to be gone, but it may just be the server I'm testing it on. Also, disabling the high texture clouds in the sky didn't seem to work either since they're still there - though they do disappear at some camera angles. Anyways, is this normal behavior?

Thanks!!

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Entering "nosound" doesn't seem to disable any audio, so I only assume it's not working. I also disabled heat haze and that seems to be gone, but it may just be the server I'm testing it on. Also, disabling the high texture clouds in the sky didn't seem to work either since they're still there - though they do disappear at some camera angles. Anyways, is this normal behavior?

Again, yes, it's bound to not work properly on SA-MP. SA-MP also happens to be a mod which likes to mess with the memory in order to achieve its desired effects, so if it chooses to mess with the same memory that INI Extender does, it's expected to cause conflicts and not work properly. If this happens on untouched single player, then there's a more valid technical issue, but this is relatively normal.

photodotexe
  • photodotexe

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Yes sir! It appears to have fully disabled audio in Single Player. Seems as if this is 100% related to SAMP. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time - hopefully others will learn from this thread!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users