Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think this game should have real vehicles

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this game need real vehicles? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GTA V needed to feature the real life counterparts of Rockstar's vehicles.

1. Yes. (12 votes [9.16%])

Percentage of vote: 9.16%

2. No. (119 votes [90.84%])

Percentage of vote: 90.84%

If the answer is No, why?

1. To keep the originality/tradition of the series. (102 votes [77.86%])

Percentage of vote: 77.86%

2. Because Rockstar's models look better. (14 votes [10.69%])

Percentage of vote: 10.69%

3. I voted yes. (15 votes [11.45%])

Percentage of vote: 11.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by Andreas, 21 July 2014 - 10:28 PM.

I always wanted to have real life vehicles in GTA, it would have made GTA V a lot better in my opinion. What you guys think?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Why would Rockstar add real-life vehicles after a decade and more of using awesome custom-vehicles?

If you want custom real-life vehicles then grab a copy for the PC and mod your game with the real-life counterparts.

• GroundZero, adictoGTA, KidAmnesiac42 and 8 others like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

why do you vote no on your own poll?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

How will adding in real life vehicles make it better? If anything, it'll ruin the immersion into the world Rockstar made with fictional brands
  • MiamiViceCity, Marwin, Hristov1984 and 8 others like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by Andreas, 21 July 2014 - 09:49 PM.

I don't see the point of having real vehicles in this game for a simple reason, and that is the fact that GTA has always been a parody of the real world. No game in the series had real vehicles, or any real brands for that matter. To acquire licenses for the said vehicles is expensive and only further increase the costs for the developer. I also see it as some kind of tradition of the series.

Why should they bother with real brands when the fake ones are just as good? Personally, I find them a lot more imaginative and they add to the immersion.
  • Hristov1984, alex3, SimsDaniel916 and 5 others like this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

Adding to what Andreas said, I doubt Toyota, Subaru or Ford would want their logos in a game where you spend most of the time running over people.

• Zito, Hristov1984, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 3 others like this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

How about some realistic driving

amirite?  

• Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

VIce City Again
  • VIce City Again

V is on PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc, 21 July 2014 - 09:58 PM.

Dude you made the poll make us vote for both questions, even if we said yes or no.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

No, it just wouldn't make sense because Rockstar parodies every other company out there so why would they have real cars? And no, GTA cars damn sure do not look better than real cars but they fit the game at least.

• Donut likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by Xerukal, 21 July 2014 - 10:13 PM.

Adding to what Andreas said, I doubt Toyota, Subaru or Ford would want their logos in a game where you spend most of the time running over people.

There's nothing quite like having innocent pedestrian blood splattered on the front logo of your company. It practically screams horsepower. 

Just ask Obey!

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by Andreas, 21 July 2014 - 10:33 PM.

Dude you made the poll make us vote for both questions, even if we said yes or no.

Good that you pointed that out. Edited the poll now; multiple choices are no longer possible, and in case you vote for 'Yes' you can vote for 'I voted for yes' on the second question.

Please everyone delete their votes, if needed, and re-cast them.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:41 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 21 July 2014 - 11:44 PM.

why do you vote no on your own poll?

I didn't?

I don't see the point of having real vehicles in this game for a simple reason, and that is the fact that GTA has always been a parody of the real world. No game in the series had real vehicles, or any real brands for that matter. To acquire licenses for the said vehicles is expensive and only further increase the costs for the developer. I also see it as some kind of tradition of the series.

Why should they bother with real brands when the fake ones are just as good? Personally, I find them a lot more imaginative and they add to the immersion.

I don't know what is more expensive, acquiring the rights the introduce the vehicles in-game or pay the designers to create the fake parodies...

And I think a Veyron looks waaaay better than an Adder the same way that the Sesto Element/Veneno looks better than a Zentorno. There are very few vehicles that are just as good as the real ones. And the Sandking is the only one that looks better than the real life Ford F250 imo

By that logic, they wouldn't want their logos in illegal street racing games either now would they?

How will adding in real life vehicles make it better? If anything, it'll ruin the immersion into the world Rockstar made with fictional brands

How can real life stuff ruin immersion?

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:59 PM Edited by Andreas, 22 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

The problem is, there is no guarantee that all vehicle manufacturers will agree with their cars being in a game like Grand Theft Auto. Especially since you can run over NPCs with them. Not to mention that the vehicles themselves can be smeared with blood, their tires can be popped, they can be damaged and they can even explode. I don't think that the aforementioned manufacturers would be eager to see their own cars ending up like that in a video game.

Secondly, even if Rockstar acquired licenses to use real life cars and the likes in their game, they still have to create them on their own. In other words, the effort to create vehicles, be it real life ones or parodies, is virtually the same. The only difference it makes is that they have to be imaginative and creative, if they go for parody models.

Lastly, I think you should take a look at some racing games that have real life cars in them. Most if not all of those games make use of primitive damage models. Like Vanzant and I said, vehicle manufacturers don't appreciate it when their cars get smashed in GTA or any other game for that matter. That's another disadvantage of going with real brands; you can not do whatever you want with them, there is always a compromise. This is not the case when you create fake brands.
  • TaviColen123 and BLOOD-MOND like this

cristian23_
  • cristian23_

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

I voted no because Rockstar shows more creativity with making models based off of real vehicles. Sometimes they combine 2 vehicles and they get a really cool car. Look at the Infernus for example. The Zonda rear actually went great with the front of the Murcielago. Sometimes they even make it better. For me the Buffalo looks better then an actual Charger. But it can have a downside. The Gauntlet was not a really good combination of the Camaro and the Challenger.
  • BLOOD-MOND likes this

the young hooligan
  • the young hooligan

Big Evil

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Pretty much this. Also, there's the question of money. In most cases, you have to pay the manufacturers to have their cars in the game, money that would have better use elsewhere.

• TaviColen123 and BLOOD-MOND like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

This :^:...I also voted no (infact many people did).

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

Not to mention i believe it has a bit to do with the damaging models as well.

R* was never great at car damage and they aren't real that much better now, but could you imagine what the damage would be like with real cars?  Pretty bad probably.  

Also, as mentioned, there are no real brands in the game anyways, so why just cars? 

So no.  No real vehicles.

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by Zito, 22 July 2014 - 04:36 AM.

I always wanted to have real life vehicles in GTA, it would have made GTA V a lot better in my opinion. What you guys think?

its I'm possible. it violates to many trademark and copyright laws. why do u think they made parodies of every brand in gta. Lindsey lohan is already up there ass do you want more people suing R*

quxxo
  • quxxo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

No. GTA has his own world.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Shao Kahn
  • Shao Kahn

The Emperor of Outworld

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

Nie.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm rereading the OP and still trying to figure out how real life cars will make GTA V better
  • Donut and Exocortex like this

Hristov1984
  • Hristov1984

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

If you had asked me 10 years ago, I would probably approve real life vehicles in GTA, but now I love their in-game counterparts. One of the great things about GTA universe is, that it's a parody of real life, so everything should be kept close to reality, but not completely identical.

• matajuegos01 and BLOOD-MOND like this

bshs95
  • bshs95

Standard Title

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

It just suits the world of GTA so well with parody cars and brands, so no. It would not make the game better with real cars. Although 10 years ago, I would have loved real cars in the GTA games.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

GTA is parodying real life, it would be very stupid to add even just a single real life brand in there.

• quxxo likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

Nope, i like the fake name tradition, but if they do decide to use real names it would not be the end of the world for me.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

I'm rereading the OP and still trying to figure out how real life cars will make GTA V better

Are you trying to imply that having the real cars which look miles better than the fake ones would make the game worse? How could that be? 

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

I chose 'No' then 'I voted yes'

Xenology
  • Xenology

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Because it's infringement of copyright and they don't have the authority to present those cars in game so they make seperate versions of those vehicles themselves due to copyright. How do people not know this?

Xenology
  • Xenology

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Also your poll is a trick question either way it goes backk to a car related question why not have an extra one that just says "Real life cars would suck in GTAV"?

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by walkingsickness, 22 July 2014 - 07:45 PM.

Lets see...why R* wouldn't want to have real vehicles in the game?

1.) Understanding the business aspect of this...working out licensing and contract details for each brand would be a nightmare.

2.) This game and what the public perception is for this game, doesn't go great with the "safety image" that car companies market to have.

3.) Having a real life vehicle crash and run someone over...and then have that on Youtube branded with a real company behind
it surly would not be great for their product. 

4.) This is and always will be a parody product based on R* brands. 

5.) Having real life vehicles in a product labeled "Grand Theft Auto" will also be pr nightmare. 

6.) Car companies (as of late) have been going through a mass recall process, which just adds on to more of a pr nightmare if real vehicles were
added. 

If there is anymore I can think of, I will be sure to add them. BTW...I voted no.

EDIT: Just thought of another one.....If R* could pull this off, then what would the modders work when re-creating vehicles for actual brands? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users