Dark-skinned, light-skinned stereotype

13 replies to this topic
GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Why is it that in this game, the dark-skinned guys (Big Smoke) are depicted as the nice and lovable characters but the light-skinned guys (Ryder, B-Dup) are seen as "assholes" who are so full of their selves? I thought it was the other way around. I'm not trying to piss anyone off. Just asking.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Hmm i wonder how you are even able to distinguish who is darker and who is lighter skinned considering that the graphic ain`t exactly high quality like in HD era and those faces are just a bunch of pixels with bad resolution?

Well they all look the same to me- their tan i mean, they are all african americans  :rol: and that`s the only detail i can see.

But anyways i think that`s not the point, the point is that half of them betrayed CJ at the end. I wasn`t so surprised about ryder because he seemed sneaky, besides he was dumb as f*ck but i was shocked that Big smoke turned out on CJ, he seemed so loyal and inteligent. But at the end it turned out he was just another bullsh*t babling, much-to-say-but-little-to-do kind of guy. And a crackhead, you can`t trust a crackhead.

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hmm i wonder how you are even able to distinguish who is darker and who is lighter skinned considering that the graphic ain`t exactly high quality like in HD era and those faces are just a bunch of pixels with bad resolution?

Well they all look the same to me- their tan i mean, they are all african americans  :rol: and that`s the only detail i can see.

But anyways i think that`s not the point, the point is that half of them betrayed CJ at the end. I wasn`t so surprised about ryder because he seemed sneaky, besides he was dumb as f*ck but i was shocked that Big smoke turned out on CJ, he seemed so loyal and inteligent. But at the end it turned out he was just another bullsh*t babling, much-to-say-but-little-to-do kind of guy. And a crackhead, you can`t trust a crackhead.

Really? Because to me, Big Smoke's betrayal wasn't surprising to me at all either. In fact, his betrayal was much more obtrusive that Ryder's. Here are the clues to his betrayal

1. He didn't attend CJ's mom's funeral.

2. In the mission Drive Thru, he tried to change the subject when CJ and Sweet were discussing their mom's murder.

3. On the same mission, he refused to shoot at the Ballas, deliberately using the food as an excuse for not doing so.

4. He lives in Idlewood, Ballas territory.

Those clues should've been obvious to everyone that Smoke would eventually become a traitor at some point of the game. Hell, if anything, his so-called niceness just made me more suspicious that he was bound to be a traitor.

Well I've digressed enough. So back on topic. Light-skinned people are known as supercilious jackasses who look down upon others, whereas dark-skinned people are known to be much more cognizant. Not all people are like that, but most of them are known to be.

• Boyz2Society likes this

Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

Are you colorblind bro? :D

Ryder and B-Dub are dars-kinned as well, how in hell are they white?

Not even cesar is light-skinned, onl polanski and toreno.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

for discussion of a specific character Big Smoke: Big Smoke Character Role?

I never noticed any difference in skin colour.

"Stereotype?" a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing. The whole games humour is based on those images.
for discussion of a specific character Big Smoke: Big Smoke Character Role?

I never noticed any difference in skin colour.

"Stereotype?" a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing. The whole games humour is based on those images.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Really? Because to me, Big Smoke's betrayal wasn't surprising to me at all either. In fact, his betrayal was much more obtrusive that Ryder's. Here are the clues to his betrayal

1. He didn't attend CJ's mom's funeral.

2. In the mission Drive Thru, he tried to change the subject when CJ and Sweet were discussing their mom's murder.

3. On the same mission, he refused to shoot at the Ballas, deliberately using the food as an excuse for not doing so.

4. He lives in Idlewood, Ballas territory.

Those clues should've been obvious to everyone that Smoke would eventually become a traitor at some point of the game. Hell, if anything, his so-called niceness just made me more suspicious that he was bound to be a traitor.

Well I've digressed enough. So back on topic. Light-skinned people are known as supercilious jackasses who look down upon others, whereas dark-skinned people are known to be much more cognizant. Not all people are like that, but most of them are known to be.

That`s true but you`d expect betrayal from Ryder even soner. Because from the moment CJ returned back to LS, that sneaky idiot was unhappy about his arrival and he didn`t even bother to hide it. He was somehow jelaous on CJ or he just hated him. The 1.st time i`ve played i knew he will eventually stab CJ`s back. however I didn`t expect that for Smoke. Yeah those things were maybe actual indicators on Smoke`s betrayal but than again stuffing his fat face with food in the middle of drive-by isn`t no deep filosofy for a guy like smoke. Just love with food.

Ryder-CJ "friendship" kind of reminds me on that one in LCS with Toni-Vincenzo.

Anyway i hated them all because noone of those characters wasn`t nice to CJ not even his own f*cking brother sweet. Those 2 idiots betrayed him but sweet was giving him a hard time from the day he got back in LS and fake-accusing him for stuff like brian`s death.

Bullsh*t, the only one who was good to CJ was Cesar, he was real friend and i liked him very much. 

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Are you colorblind bro? :D

Ryder and B-Dub are dars-kinned as well, how in hell are they white?

Not even cesar is light-skinned, onl polanski and toreno.

I didn't say they were white. I said light-skinned, as in light brownish color. Please learn the disparity between "white" and "light-skinned." Neither one of them are tantamount to each other. Jeez, people are so obtuse nowadays.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

So which is it:

better+felix.png

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Well oficer Tenpenny is quite dark, hell he is even darker than his voice actor Samuel L Jackson is but yet i don`t see anyone who wouldn`t love him :blink:

Anyway who cares about tan comnplexion anyway, you love some character on the base of what kind of person he is as a character not because he`s lighter or darker skin complexion.

And i never had a feeling that some other ingame character was judging the other based on the tan.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:18 PM Edited by lil weasel, 22 July 2014 - 04:40 PM.

Seems a little bit of speculation here. Since the settings of the TV/Monitor might have a bit of a play in hues...

I doubt many of us have the printed colour quality chart standards to set the screens by. Or would even bother to.

color-bars.jpg

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

Seems a little bit of speculation here. Since the settings of the TV/Monitor might have a bit of a play in hues...

I doubt many of us have the colour chart standards to set the screens by. Or would even bother to.

Yeah that too maybe but i mean just look at the sonny forelli in the last scene of VC, he looks so dark that you would almost say he`s black or at least dark latino. That`s just because of low resolution pixels.Add settings on the monitor/TV  and low resolution of HD era to that and you got quite confusing environment.

WSBPT
  • WSBPT

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

Is like that... light skin niggas is like they better because they was born wit light skin... like white folk

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Is like that... light skin niggas is like they better because they was born wit light skin... like white folk

I would say that ones who judging people based on their skin tan got to be realy retarded. Thinkink that a lighter skinned black people are better than dark skinned is realy f*cked up world`s view.

You judge people based on their characteristics- personality and not on their skin type. Whether this be in the game or in real world.

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Funny, you should wrote darker dark guy and lighter dark guy. It is ambiguous if you call a dark guy as a light guy. But, Smoke is so predictable to betraying Groove Street especially if you see the first cutscene or before Sweet and Kendl. He is not joining the funeral, only him. And for Ryder, quite simple, everybody can see it although Smoke is more famous than Ryder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users