4 replies to this topic
Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:00 PM Edited by Wolf68k, 22 July 2014 - 07:07 AM.

I'm sure there is at least a good handful of you that play ETS2. I recently found out about a mod that let's you play online.
Head over to http://www.ets2mp.com click on Download and follow the steps. It will require you to login to Steam and allow the website to access your Steam profile. This step is only to verify you own the game. Once it has done that it will give you a link to do the download. After that it's pretty straight forward, unzip and run the installer.
The installer will ask where your ETS2 game folder is. By default the path would be
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\ followed by the game name.

There are currently 2 servers to choose from; Europe #1 and US #1.

Because I get asked this a lot; the area for the Command Line you can leave blank, however if you put -nointro there it will stop the intro movies from playing and you can do this for the single player as well.

Also if you're using the public_beta of ETS2 1.11 then the mod might not work and the game could crash because of it. They won't be updating the mod until the 1.11 is officially out.

Keep in mind that this mod is in very early alpha as well.

They also have their own TeamSpeaker server so you can join up those folks on there and get a convoy going, plus they have a very friendly staff to help you with any problems you might have with the mod or other players.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:15 AM Edited by OysterBarron, 22 July 2014 - 03:16 AM.

Yes there are a few of us on here that do love a good simulator I've been on it since the alphas public release and only stopped playing when patch 0.5.1 came out. It is so much more enjoyable than single player and gave the game a different feel.

Here's a video from the first night of the alpha it was brilliant considering the original game devs said it would never work. Then this small group of modders come along and go er yes it will.

Obviously it's not without its knob ends that make you rage!!!!!

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Sorry to bump this thread but, i really have no idea about computers and i was wondering if i can run this game and maybe multiplayer

I have windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

processor- Intel R core 2 quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs, ~2.3GHz

Memory- 7168MB ram    3232MB used, 3419MB available

DirectX version-DirectX 11

Display

name-NVIDIA GeForce G210

intergrated RAMDAC

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:17 AM

Sorry to bump this thread but, i really have no idea about computers and i was wondering if i can run this game and maybe multiplayer

Display

name-NVIDIA GeForce G210

intergrated RAMDAC

You might get away with it for the singleplayer but the multiplayer mod could be a bit of a problem, especially in populated areas.

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:22 AM

Display

name-NVIDIA GeForce G210

intergrated RAMDAC

You might get away with it for the singleplayer but the multiplayer mod could be a bit of a problem, especially in populated areas.

Ok, thanks dude

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users