• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

And A 1980s American LaFrance Engine For Some Of The Rural County Areas, and Cities/ Towns:

Spoiler

That's an 80s fire truck? Lordy damn, that looks like something out of the 60s!

• ClaudX and Ivan1997GTA like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

And A 1980s American LaFrance Engine For Some Of The Rural County Areas, and Cities/ Towns:

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly.

• universetwisters and Ivan1997GTA like this

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

Tyla, I'm doing something like this too (gta concepts) it's perfect, but I don't think it is as perfect as yours, I really love this. Would love to see more of you. It was so goddamn perfect. Peace.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

LOL sh*t idea

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:59 PM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM.

Very nice concept, though a little thing about the vehicles: the Dukes is an Imponte vehicle (yes, it should logically be a Bravado, but that's how it was in IV), and both of the VW analogues should be BF-branded (since everything's confirmed nowadays). The Cutlass Cruiser also should have a different name, since Perennial is reserved for Dinka (actually, I notice lots of such model-manufacturer switcharounds - and other than Huntley S which was explained, HD Universe doesn't do that). But enough nitpicking.

Anyway, I love that it actually returns to the 80s. Ideas that try bringing Vice to the present they often end up bland.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

LOL sh*t idea

I can tell your head is too far up V's ass to point out specifically what's wrong with it.
  • Jeansowaty and Ivan1997GTA like this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

First of all I'd like to direct thanks to patrickm28 for the fire engine suggestions. They're lacking so I'm going to do something about them next update, along with bikes. Suggestions on those?

It seems the third fire truck is controversial so you guys are going to have to fight it out below as to whether it should or should not make the cut! If not, why not? What in it's place?

Thanks to everyone for the continued support.

I'll definitely do a 70s Brum, in fact thats what I'm thinking about most.I really want to explore the introduction of a multicultural Britain and it's impact on a nation on a come down from a long acid trip. My plan is you'll start as young football hooligan, fighting on the terraces and the streets. You'll then fall n with a group of armed robbers, robbing post offices and banks. As you rise in the underworld, you work with Triads, Pakistanis, Yardies and home grown gangs and uncover a conspiracy involving gangsters, politicians and the IRA.

This sounds absolutely amazing.

That's the trouble with being a local -- you don't realise the potential on your own door step.

Sweeney 2 is a great movie. The first one (Sweeney!) might be well worth you watching for an angle on political corruption. It's raw as and seems inspired by Lord Boothby and his dealings with East End gangsters.

And Sean Bean. Perfect. Just don't appeal to the habit of killing him off. :p

Tyla, this is amazing work my friend, I still recall your older GTA London concept fondly and this is even better, keep up the good work.

Bloody hell, someone remembers my London thread!

This is a huge compliment for me as I worked hard on that concept. Thanks a lot!

Tyla, I'm doing something like this too (gta concepts) it's perfect, but I don't think it is as perfect as yours, I really love this. Would love to see more of you. It was so goddamn perfect. Peace.

What kind of concept are you making? Which setting?

You should come over to the Creators Lounge and tell us more ;)

Very nice concept, though a little thing about the vehicles: the Dukes is an Imponte vehicle (yes, it should logically be a Bravado, but that's how it was in IV), and both of the VW analogues should be BF-branded (since everything's confirmed nowadays). The Cutlass Cruiser also should have a different name, since Perennial is reserved for Dinka (actually, I notice lots of such model-manufacturer switcharounds - and other than Huntley S which was explained, HD Universe doesn't do that). But enough nitpicking.

Anyway, I love that it actually returns to the 80s. Ideas that try bringing Vice to the present they often end up bland.

Thank you, and I can't help but admire your eye for the vehicles.

I moved the Dukes to the Bravado badge because I didn't want two full-sized muscle cars (the Dukes and Phoenix) sharing the same make. It defies logic it being sold an Imponte (which seems to be an umbrella term for 'muscle car brand' in GTA universe), I don't mind taking flack for that.

I haven't actually seen the BF brand in GTA so I'll likely change that. Thanks for pointing it out!

I switched the Monroe to Vapid as my basis for car (DeTomaso Pantera) I'm pretty sure was imported and sold as a Mercury in the US. I could be wrong. The Sabre I also switched to Cheval because I'm exclusively using the sports Monte Carlo SS.

And the Perennial... well, after the colossal heap of junk it was in GTAIV, I had to take a punt and attempt to restore it some dignity.  :p

More to come soon guys. :^:

• PowerKracker and Ivan1997GTA like this

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

I'm calling it Grand Theft Auto Liberty City, Tyla. It's really a great story. Btw, I made his backstory (early life). I still have a lot of work there. Characters, Locations, Vehicles, Features etc. are just some of things I still have to do, I'd like to have some help, but without help, I'm ok too.

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

Awesome concept Tyla. 

patrickm28
  • patrickm28

_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:33 AM Edited by patrickm28, 26 August 2014 - 02:47 AM.

Spoiler

That is an American LaFrance engine. They had basically used the same style from the 60s through the 80s - 90s. Its still basically the same today, but with a chrome grille.

I've always wanted to see an HD GTA game in the 80s. 

I would also like to see some Florida Highway Patrol Mustangs (GTA: Stallions) in the game. Especially the ones with the single blue beacon on the roof.

Spoiler
  • Tyla and Ivan1997GTA like this

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

First of all I'd like to direct thanks to patrickm28 for the fire engine suggestions. They're lacking so I'm going to do something about them next update, along with bikes. Suggestions on those?

It seems the third fire truck is controversial so you guys are going to have to fight it out below as to whether it should or should not make the cut! If not, why not? What in it's place?

Thanks to everyone for the continued support.

I'll definitely do a 70s Brum, in fact thats what I'm thinking about most.I really want to explore the introduction of a multicultural Britain and it's impact on a nation on a come down from a long acid trip. My plan is you'll start as young football hooligan, fighting on the terraces and the streets. You'll then fall n with a group of armed robbers, robbing post offices and banks. As you rise in the underworld, you work with Triads, Pakistanis, Yardies and home grown gangs and uncover a conspiracy involving gangsters, politicians and the IRA.

This sounds absolutely amazing.

That's the trouble with being a local -- you don't realise the potential on your own door step.

Sweeney 2 is a great movie. The first one (Sweeney!) might be well worth you watching for an angle on political corruption. It's raw as and seems inspired by Lord Boothby and his dealings with East End gangsters.

And Sean Bean. Perfect. Just don't appeal to the habit of killing him off. :p

Tyla, this is amazing work my friend, I still recall your older GTA London concept fondly and this is even better, keep up the good work.

Bloody hell, someone remembers my London thread!

This is a huge compliment for me as I worked hard on that concept. Thanks a lot!

What kind of concept are you making? Which setting?

You should come over to the Creators Lounge and tell us more ;)

I moved the Dukes to the Bravado badge because I didn't want two full-sized muscle cars (the Dukes and Phoenix) sharing the same make. It defies logic it being sold an Imponte (which seems to be an umbrella term for 'muscle car brand' in GTA universe), I don't mind taking flack for that.

I haven't actually seen the BF brand in GTA so I'll likely change that. Thanks for pointing it out!

I switched the Monroe to Vapid as my basis for car (DeTomaso Pantera) I'm pretty sure was imported and sold as a Mercury in the US. I could be wrong. The Sabre I also switched to Cheval because I'm exclusively using the sports Monte Carlo SS.

And the Perennial... well, after the colossal heap of junk it was in GTAIV, I had to take a punt and attempt to restore it some dignity.  :p

Maybe I called it wrong, lol. Sorry for my bad english. I mean I'm doing something like this (writing the story) y'know what i mean right. Lol

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Topic of the century.

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Thanks to all who took the time out to comment. Topic of the century has a nice ring to it!

Added both the LaGuardia and Williams Fire Truck to the current roster, along with updating the MTL.

The Williams will serve Fort Tequesta and the surrounding county while the LaGuardia serves Jaega entirely. Being severely underfunded, trucks will be called in from Vice City if a blaze roars too out of control (planned Arson missions: hint hint.) There'll be a Fire Chief car at some point. Probably this.

I've also added the Highway Interceptor, the Mustang with the blue beacon. Plus it reminds me of the LTD cop car from VC. Being chased down the highway by a souped up Ford and an R-body Chrysler... can you get any more 80s than that?

Thanks again Patrick.

I'm calling it Grand Theft Auto Liberty City, Tyla. It's really a great story. Btw, I made his backstory (early life). I still have a lot of work there. Characters, Locations, Vehicles, Features etc. are just some of things I still have to do, I'd like to have some help, but without help, I'm ok too.

I'm sure the back story you have so far is great, and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City sounds just fine to me.

I wouldn't dislike another GTA in LC at all. :^:

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Cowboys and Sailors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

This. Is.

Spoiler

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:06 AM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 27 August 2014 - 10:09 AM.

Well, "Imponte Dukes" was R*'s choice so we can't argue with that.

You haven't seen the BF brand? They're the ones who make BF Injection, a bunch of other offroaders and the Surfer van. It's a definite VW analogue due to its name (Bürgerfahrzeug), it's BAWSAQ description, as well as Tailgater's description in GTA Online saying that it's "better than a BF".

By HD Universe's conventions, I would imagine an older Perennial being perhaps something this:

CivicWagon3aEU.jpg

It was never supposed to be a dignified vehicle.

Also, since the Flight School update added the C2/C3 based Coquette Classic, the Banshee needs to be reworked to something else as well. Combined with my pedanticness, I'm not sure if Dodge's made a serious sports car prior to the Viper...

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Moonraker.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

You might find this guy interesting, though you may have already incorporated him:

http://en.wikipedia....Max_Mermelstein

MyDog
  • MyDog

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Not a bad concept. I actually do hope that GTA VI goes back to Vice City, maybe even back to the 80's.

Also...

Gara was born post-WW2 to Latvian migrant parents in the North End of Lenapia who simply could not afford a child and disposed of their newborn in a trash can

What the f*ck?

Acun_Pearce
  • Acun_Pearce

Indonesian Modder

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Wtf ? GTA IV : Vice

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

Ahh. I've been waiting for my first what the f*ck. Two in one go makes me a happy man. :^:

You haven't seen the BF brand? They're the ones who make BF Injection, a bunch of other offroaders and the Surfer van. It's a definite VW analogue due to its name (Bürgerfahrzeug), it's BAWSAQ description, as well as Tailgater's description in GTA Online saying that it's "better than a BF".

I haven't played GTAO, that probably explains a lot - no access to vehicle or BAWSAQ descriptions. I switched over the Electro and Club from Vulcar to BF not long ago.

As for the Perennial, what about this?

Spoiler

Also, since the Flight School update added the C2/C3 based Coquette Classic, the Banshee needs to be reworked to something else as well. Combined with my pedanticness, I'm not sure if Dodge's made a serious sports car prior to the Viper...

I can do something about the Banshee. Your pedanticness is appreciated - it's nice to have someone pay such an attentive eye to the vehicles!

There aren't any 80s Chrysler's/Dodge's worthy of the Banshee, IMO. There was the Dodge Daytona but this is already too similar to the Dodge Shelby Charger used for Gauntlet. There was also the Chrysler Conquest which was basically a rebadged Mitsubishi Starion... and I already have that included as the Maibatsu Thunder. There is this -- but I couldn't inflict that on you guys.

Below Dodge Magnum is probably the closest thing to a pre-modern Banshee that Dodge produced in the 70s/80s. What do you think?

Spoiler

Also the Coquette Classic -- I added that a week or two before Rockstar did. Coincidence much? Why do I always feel like... somebody's watching me? :whistle:

You might find this guy interesting, though you may have already incorporated him:

http://en.wikipedia....Max_Mermelstein

That I have -- Saul Saperstein! Pretty much got the entire cast of Cocaine Cowboys in here in some form:

Spoiler

Awesome to read about how duplicitous this guy was though. Always reminded me of Gonzales in Vice City. Thanks for the link :^:

Gara was born post-WW2 to Latvian migrant parents in the North End of Lenapia who simply could not afford a child and disposed of their newborn in a trash can

What the f*ck?

Not a nice way to enter the world. Horrible start to life, you'd agree? That's the moral metaphorical question: would this guy have thrown his life away to crime and prisons and hardship if he hadn't been dumped in a trash can? Would he be a CEO, a doctor?

That's the other side of the American Dream -- babies out of wedlock, kids born of affairs. Most of them dumped and taken into orphanages. For everything great that post-WWII America gave the world, what became of the rejects?

Hope you enjoyed the read!

Wtf ? GTA IV : Vice

Not sure what you're saying but I'll assume you've thought this is a mod for IV -- it isn't. This is a concept -- a presentation of ideas for the next GTA. Stick around the forums and take a look at some more. You'll enjoy it.

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:31 PM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 27 August 2014 - 10:38 PM.

Hmm.. Dodge Daytona's nice but far too much of a stretch to be a Banshee. Since we can't throw the GTA staple altogether, I have a crazy idea of having Banshee Concept - an extremely rare vehicle available in a single location only (like all those Sunshine Autos cars in VC), based on the 1989 Dodge Viper concept (one year off, but doesn't hurt that much):

Dodge-Viper_RT10_Concept_Vehicle_1989_80

I'm surprised, the BF Surfer is far more common in SP than Online - BAWSAQ is also an SP-only feature - so you can easily read all the descriptions of the companies featured on the stock market.. Vulcar however is officially a Volvo analogue, as it's stated to be the safest brand around, and Warrener is stated to be a Swedish vehicle. Maybe there's place for an old boxy 80s Volvo...

This idea of that Perennial is nice. Of course, the Cutlass Cruiser shouldn't be thrown away by any means (it's pretty cool for what it is - I liked driving it around in Driver San Francisco, even if it had no real purpose).

• Tyla and Ivan1997GTA like this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by Blingy, 27 August 2014 - 03:26 PM.

I love the idea of the Highway Foxbody, but whenever I see Highway Interceptor I just have to imagine this.

mad-max-interceptor-you-yangs.jpg

Any possible way to maybe include it as an Easter Egg? Like add it to the back of a certain Police Department, or get it rewarded to you after 100 Vigilante Missions? It's the perfect addition, having a game based in the 80's.

1973 Vapid Hawk V8 Interceptor

• Tyla likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Enough of present day GTAs. Go back in time, preferably the '60s.

RichyBeats
  • RichyBeats

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

Amazing idea man really! Read the whole thing it's unbelievable the level of detail you have went into!
  • Tyla likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

How are the 1980s present day?

• Blingy likes this

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:41 AM Edited by ObsydianRaven, 28 August 2014 - 01:42 AM.

Below Dodge Magnum is probably the closest thing to a pre-modern Banshee that Dodge produced in the 70s/80s. What do you think?

Dodge_Magnum_Troy_78_GT_1.jpg

If you don't use it then I'll gladly use it as the Banshee for GTA: CC.

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

How are the 1980s present day?

I think that was more directed at R* in praise of this thread.

I'd love one in any past period before the 2000's anyway. Would be good for not having too many supercars.

• ObsydianRaven and Payne Killer like this

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

One of the best concept threads I've read. Great work!

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Thanks to everyone who took the time out to read and leave something! :^:

Hmm.. Dodge Daytona's nice but far too much of a stretch to be a Banshee. Since we can't throw the GTA staple altogether, I have a crazy idea of having Banshee Concept - an extremely rare vehicle available in a single location only (like all those Sunshine Autos cars in VC), based on the 1989 Dodge Viper concept (one year off, but doesn't hurt that much):

I'm actually crazy enough about the Viper concept to make this idea work. It can be stolen as simply as in a mission and the player has the choice of keeping it or not. It would be nice to keep the Banshee/Viper association alive at the same time as making a commentary on the ailing American sports car industry.

I've rebadged the Cutlass Cruiser as the Classique Frigate -- also added the Vulcar Ingot (Volvo 760) and retooled the Flash (Volvo 480 Turbo) to the Vulcar brand. Thanks for the suggestions!

Any possible way to maybe include it as an Easter Egg? Like add it to the back of a certain Police Department, or get it rewarded to you after 100 Vigilante Missions? It's the perfect addition, having a game based in the 80's.

1973 Vapid Hawk V8 Interceptor

How can I say no to this?

Actually gives me a boss idea for a side mission/stranger freak that it can be used in. I'll iron out the creases and post it up. Thanks man!

If you don't use it then I'll gladly use it as the Banshee for GTA: CC.

Feel free, the Magnum seems perfect for Carcer :^:

• PowerKracker likes this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for taking the suggestions!

Meeting a stranger in the interceptor sounds like an interesting endeavor... Let me guess, you meet some strange leather-clad Aussie-accented vigilante and go hunting criminals with him.

• Blingy likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Holy f*cking sh*t you must be very bored in your free time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users