Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:11 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 17 May 2016 - 06:01 PM.

Something I'm deliberating doing for the next mission is to have two separate missions branch off afterwards depending on the actions of the crew you use to take down the Hustler's Convention. I know a lot of people disliked that it didn't really effect anything the people you chose to do heists with in GTAV, other than that the weaker ones would die. Would everyone like to see such a thing or would it complicate the story too much?

The sheer depth of your knowledge of all of the little places in the south Florida area never ceases to amaze me. For some reason Lorna sitting at the bar talking to Ariel reminded me of Chloe Grace Moretz's character (also a young postitute) talking to Denzel Washington in the movie The Equalizer although I doubt it was intentional. I liked the mission overall it was a classic chase but done really well with enough twists and turns to keep the reader interested. If I had to hazard a guess as to who those guys were I'd say they were either DEA or FIB (or some kind of government agency at least). If old Moe is based on who I think he is then it makes sense that he would be under their protection.

Thanks a lot man, I snagged one of those Florida travel guides not long after you encouraged me to give the location a second look and gave it a read :) I haven't actually seen The Equalizer to know the scene I just based Lorna on a friend of mine, I did also base Moe on someone I remember reading about being a smuggler in Alabama and tied to a government agency, though the name eludes me... who were you thinking of? 

I actually had him confused with Saul Saperstein :blush: I thought you had replaced him with Moe Magnussun which I now realise is not the case. I do know why though.. it's because you seem to have based Saperstein on Max Mermelstein (with a little bit of Frank Lopez thrown in) and Moe Magnussun also has the double M and seems to be mixed up with the government. I'm actually glad he hasn't been killed off because from the few lines of a description you have given him in the characters section I can see him being a good character when you eventually introduce him.

As far as the branching missions go I think it seems like a good idea and would add a lot more to the depth of the stories than the simple choice between a Smart or Load approach we got in GTA V. The Equalizer is a decent movie and puts a good spin on the old TV show with which it shares its name and premise. You can get a good sense of both Denzel and Chloe characters from this trailer here

Like Gara, Denzel's character is a badass with a somewhat mysterious past and Chloe Grace Moretz is a young abused prostitute with a hoarse vocal range who seeks to have revenge on her former pimp. The similarities are subtle but enough for me to instantly make a link between the two.

I actually had an idea the other day in relation to this story while listening to the story of a former mob associate who spent time in a notoriously heinous Brazilian prison. He doesn't speak much about it but does say that he spent a lot of time with a knife concealed in his ass for his own protection.

Basically my thought was this.. you know the way you spoke of your plans to have Gara do prison time during your story, well what if some of this time were served in a harsh Colombian jail as opposed to a comparatively soft American version of it. You could possibly flip the Tony Montana situation and have him perform a murder for somebody in power on the inside in order to buy his extradition to America where the rest of his time would be served. For a sweetheart deal a lot of men in his position would rat on all in sundry but for a simple tranfer he would probably carve some poor f*cker up real nice. This could also be his buy in to the Cartel, much like Johnny Depp who went into prison with a bachelor in marijuana and came out with a doctorate in cocaine, only to be shaking hands with Pablo Escobar a couple of scenes later. While you're at it why not have him do his time through a cheesy 80s style montage including a scene of him hammering away at a pig carcass in the snow :lol:  Seriously though is the prison thing something that you might consider or are you dead set on his whole stint being served in America?

• Tyla and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

My wings are useless

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:27 AM

The level of detail put into this concept never ceases to amaze me. While I'm not too hot on TV shows and movies (hence my inability to spot certain references) I still appreciate the amount of you've been putting in to your missions and other content. I mean, you can get the feel of driving through Vice City simply by reading the location section with the soundtrack playing in the background. It's simply brilliant.
Hope to see more updates in the future :)

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

I actually had an idea the other day in relation to this story while listening to the story of a former mob associate who spent time in a notoriously heinous Brazilian prison. He doesn't speak much about it but does say that he spent a lot of time with a knife concealed in his ass for his own protection.

Basically my thought was this.. you know the way you spoke of your plans to have Gara do prison time during your story, well what if some of this time were served in a harsh Colombian jail as opposed to a comparatively soft American version of it. You could possibly flip the Tony Montana situation and have him perform a murder for somebody in power on the inside in order to buy his extradition to America where the rest of his time would be served. For a sweetheart deal a lot of men in his position would rat on all in sundry but for a simple tranfer he would probably carve some poor f*cker up real nice. This could also be his buy in to the Cartel, much like Johnny Depp who went into prison with a bachelor in marijuana and came out with a doctorate in cocaine, only to be shaking hands with Pablo Escobar a couple of scenes later. While you're at it why not have him do his time through a cheesy 80s style montage including a scene of him hammering away at a pig carcass in the snow :lol:  Seriously though is the prison thing something that you might consider or are you dead set on his whole stint being served in America?

Wow man. That's a great idea.

Gara doing time in Entrometerse opposed to the US appeals to me a lot because already, Gara's done at least two stretches in San Andreas and one in Lonestar. Plus whatever juvie in his youth. It's fair to say he's conditioned to the American system so time served in Colombia would be a complete culture shock both to his character and the player.

I also like him hitting someone in the Colombian system to get a transfer back home a lot. I was planning this to be his out from prison in Vice anyway, so I wouldn't have to change much. Plus as you say, there's all the added credibility with the Cartel. ;)

I wanted to include prison time in the story to introduce people to the idea of ending up there when you get busted in free roam. Hopefully what goes down will show it doesn't have to be a half hour yanking it in a cell before you can roam the map again.

The level of detail put into this concept never ceases to amaze me. While I'm not too hot on TV shows and movies (hence my inability to spot certain references) I still appreciate the amount of you've been putting in to your missions and other content. I mean, you can get the feel of driving through Vice City simply by reading the location section with the soundtrack playing in the background. It's simply brilliant.
Hope to see more updates in the future :)

Much appreciated Rev. The main inspirations are Cocaine Cowboys and a couple Miami Vice episodes (namely "Smugglers Blues" and "Payback") which are easy enough to find if you ever have an hour or two you want to kill. I'd recommend Miami Vice anyway because it's the sh*t. :p

• Money Over Bullshit, ClaudeSpeed1911, MythicalCreature and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

I really should sit down and watch some Miami vice on my day off. And the actual show, not the sh*tty movie.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

I really should sit down and watch some Miami vice on my day off. And the actual show, not the sh*tty movie.

You can download every season from a good torrent website. Decent quality I'd say will take up about 40 gigs. Alternatively you could stream them if you don't mind it buffering every few minutes and eventually glitching out.

• (Ambient) likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:44 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 13 January 2016 - 09:56 AM.

I suggest getting a few ideas from "Moonbeam City", an 80's inspired cartoon currently running on Comedy Central.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

Any idea when we can expect a new mission man??

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

Any idea when we can expect a new mission man??

Things are busy at the moment and it's going to be a while before I get anything posted. The next mission is a heist though so I am sure it will be worth the wait. :)

• universetwisters, (Ambient), Roger Cheeto and 2 others like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:46 PM Edited by Phnx., 02 February 2016 - 04:46 PM.

>the next mission is gonna be a heist

giphy.gif

I'm waiting.

• Tyla and Bender like this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:17 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 22 March 2016 - 05:48 PM.

Wow man. That's a great idea.

Gara doing time in Entrometerse opposed to the US appeals to me a lot because already, Gara's done at least two stretches in San Andreas and one in Lonestar. Plus whatever juvie in his youth. It's fair to say he's conditioned to the American system so time served in Colombia would be a complete culture shock both to his character and the player.

I also like him hitting someone in the Colombian system to get a transfer back home a lot. I was planning this to be his out from prison in Vice anyway, so I wouldn't have to change much. Plus as you say, there's all the added credibility with the Cartel. ;)

I wanted to include prison time in the story to introduce people to the idea of ending up there when you get busted in free roam. Hopefully what goes down will show it doesn't have to be a half hour yanking it in a cell before you can roam the map again.

Just to expand on this man. I was thinking what if after his transfer to the American prison Gara hooks up with the imprisoned character Virgil Baca? He comes across as a version of Tony Montana who got arrested rather than killed so I'm thinking he would have similar connections and possibly also be tied to the Cartel. He could also doubly act as a type of Diego Delgado character and school Gara on how to eventually run his own organisation by cutting out the Cartel completely i.e. he initially acts as a go between but eventually sees you as a worthy sucessor to his throne, capable of achieving the heights he never could so through interactions similar to the ones between Niko and Gerald McReary he instructs you on how to break away from the Ortegas and establish your own pipeline from a connection in Bolivia that you can run through the Commonwealth and into Florida. I know you said you had plans for a Carlos Lehder type character but in order to not create a straight copy aspects of his personality and backstory could also be molded into Baca by having him be the owner of a dilapidated island fortress that he eventually gifts to the player upon successfully establishing this pipeline. I think this could be the set up for a really good end game scenario in which you could order in shipments of cocaine to your island and either have some of your men traffic them into Florida or do it yourself. You could then create an endless cycle of money and use it to buy anything you want.. cars, guns, planes, tanks, stupid furniture to put in your mansion.. even create your own personal zoo. Your own little Hacienda away from the city where nobody will bother you. And if you want to fly back in there at any time and have some fun, why not just call in your private jet and have the pilot take you there.. that is unless you want to drive one of your own go-fast boats and take in the beautiful ocean as you go.

• universetwisters likes this

NextGTA
  • NextGTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:24 AM Edited by NextGTA, 17 May 2016 - 09:24 AM.

Man I like everything in this thread. Vice CIty would be amazing for the next GTA title, only downside is the old 80s cars. I prefer modern day cars. I want to drive a Lamborghini Aventador in 80s Vice City, since it's all fiction, why not incorporate modern vehicles and weapons in 80s era Vice City? or make modern Vice City map but with 80s era style/gameplay/setting/story etc ?

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:17 PM

Man I like everything in this thread. Vice CIty would be amazing for the next GTA title, only downside is the old 80s cars. I prefer modern day cars. I want to drive a Lamborghini Aventador in 80s Vice City, since it's all fiction, why not incorporate modern vehicles and weapons in 80s era Vice City? or make modern Vice City map but with 80s era style/gameplay/setting/story etc ?

This is done to prevent anachorism. If the game takes place in the 80's, you gotta have vehicles that are manufactured only up to that decade.

• Money Over Bullshit likes this

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

My wings are useless

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

Man I like everything in this thread. Vice CIty would be amazing for the next GTA title, only downside is the old 80s cars.

What's wrong with 80's cars? :p
  • Zello and Ivan1997GTA like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

>prefers modern cars
>Lamborghini

Someone played a little too much GTA Online.
  • 018361 and (Ambient) like this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

This is done to prevent anachorism. If the game takes place in the 80's, you gotta have vehicles that are manufactured only up to that decade.

If this were the case why not have modern music aswell?? This is a concept set in the 80s if you want a VC Concept set in the present day then you're looking for a different topic mate.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

|PaletoStrong|[PBMO]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:14 AM

DON'T ABANDON THIS

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:21 AM

DON'T ABANDON THIS

He hasn't been on since September.

Hopefully if he comes back, he's got good stuff to show us.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:24 AM

DON'T ABANDON THIS

He hasn't been on since September.

Hopefully if he comes back, he's got good stuff to show us.

That, and he's got another concept - GTA: Liberty City 1978. I'm sure both of these will get updated whenever Tyla feels like coming back.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users