Disc Install Issues

14 replies to this topic
Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

Recently I deleted and reinstalled all DLC and the disc installs for GTA at the recommendation of a guy on the Rockstar Support Forums to fix a glitch with Trevor's Hangar. After I did it Random Events became extremely rare, vehicles would no longer stay in a safe house garage after I saved the game, and The Last One would not show up after two real weeks and countless tips on all sorts of forums. Someone said that deleting all saves and then deleting/reinstalling the installs again would help, and so far I have no idea if it did. I'm overcome by the fear that I won't be able to hire Packie, and if anyone knows a definite fix it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if it helps, I made the mistake of installing Disc 1 on September 17th and never deleted it until I was "fixing that glitch" and didn't because I never saw any issues with the game. Thanks.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

Hello, is your Disc 1 installed on your console memory or an external memory device?

Thanks

Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

Sorry I took a while to reply, it's on the console HDD.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:26 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 21 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

Sorry I took a while to reply, it's on the console HDD.

Thanks. A few people have experienced similar problems with the disc 1 data installed on the console memory. The most popular advice is to invest in a USB memory stick and install disc 1 data on that device.

This is what I have done and I have had no problems whatsoever.

Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by Cappin Murica, 21 July 2014 - 04:55 PM.

Does that mean I need to put other files like save games and DLC on the flash drive? The install's around 7 gigs and I only have 8 gig flash drives. I will be getting a large one in a little while though, but I wanted it to be for the Xbone.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Does that mean I need to put other files like save games and DLC on the flash drive?

No. Use the console memory for saves and DLC and just use the USB drive for the heavyweight installation data.

By the way, I don't use an expensive Xbox branded USB drive, just a normal sandisk stick that you can buy for around ten bucks.

Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:02 PM Edited by Cappin Murica, 21 July 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Gotcha. Thanks for the help, now I'm gonna try it out and see if it works.
  • ~Tiger~ likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Cool, please check back and let us know if you see an improvement.

Thanks

Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

I installed Disc 2 to the Xbox a while back to help with the loading screens... Should I move it to the USB stick or leave it? I assume it won't matter since I don't believe the file shows up on the storage menu, and I saw on a few forums that installing Disc 2 to the same drive as Disc 1 will cause significant problems with FPS and rendering.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:26 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 21 July 2014 - 11:29 PM.

Hello, disc 2 contains the game engine data files and so it doesn't actually install in the same way as disc 1 (which contains the map).

As long as D1 is on your USB drive you can use the console memory for everything else.

By the way, 'Good Housekeeping' is good advice. This might be a good opportunity to delete old game demos, unused music tracks and other stuff from your console memory that might be taking up unnecessary storage space 

Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

Now that someone's told me to clean the hard drive I guess I have to... I haven't bothered since there's 80 gigs left and GTA V was the last game I got for it.

Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

After trying to make Paxkie spawn as Michael and Frank for three hours, twice, I've decided this didn't work. I also tried another method someone said worked on the forums but to no avail. Is there anything else that you know of Tiger?

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

After trying to make Paxkie spawn as Michael and Frank for three hours, twice, I've decided this didn't work.

It can take a lot longer than this. 

Unfortunately there is no quick fix. If you've done the best you can regarding installation, you now have to wait for the game engine to pop the events up and it will do this in it's own time. Days or even weeks later.

The best thing to do is give the game plenty of exercise, drive around a lot, save on multiple save slots, do activities etc etc etc, this is the only way to get the events to spawn.

Cappin Murica
  • Cappin Murica

Truly 'Murican

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Gotcha. Just noticed Paxkie lol. The game showed a screen saying it was "Experiencing delays accessing certain content because of your internet connection" Obviosuly it's fine since I'm posting this, and can connect to Xbox Live like normal. I assume it's a fluke or something with the lately-sh*tty Cloud Servers but if you think it might mean something else please tell me.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Well, the Cloud Servers only affect online gameplay (and to a small extent, items in the latest DLC), they have no effect on random events in story mode so I wouldn't worry about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users